Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

View Poll Results: Do you like Cell C's new logo and branding?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 54.55%
  • No

25 45.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell C's new logo and branding: Give your views

Default Cell C's new logo and branding: Give your views

Image gallery: Cell C's new branding

Do you like the new logo and branding?

This for real?

Blog Entries

No. Not that I really give a toss, but what was wrong with the old branding and logo?

If you do in fact have a learning disability, I apologise...

Vodafone taking over red?

What is up with making Trever Noah CEO (Customer Education officer)? And did anyone see the stunt of the full page apology letter ad to him (Trevor Noah) in the Sunday times last week?

Never did like the old Cell C logo or the way they marketed. Sounded too sexual and less professional. Simplicity wins the day imo, this new logo looks better.

i generally don't like reversed out logos as the primary execution - white is the primary background for print and web. work with it.
    the black block at the bottom disappears on the black background leaving a strangely orphaned white block.
    how exactly do you trademark a copyright symbol (on starter pack shot)? what's next - trademarking a trademark symbol?

an excellent example of logo evolution is the prudential logo.
    http://gds.parkland.edu/gds/!lecture...rudential.html
    the idea is to change things slightly in order to keep up with aesthetic trends.

when standard bank recently updated their logo, they didn't need to redesign their website, advertising, internal communcations, retail outlets and offices.
    that said, if they needed to change their colour due to vodaphone, they could have at least retained some mnemonic elements...
    startbucks was able to change colours while still retaining the recognition of the original.
    http://www.deadprogrammer.com/starbucks-logo-mermaid

i'd love to know how much the final logo was the result of the client and how much it was the recommendation of the designer...

Blog Entries

Looks ok to me.

Very unbalanced. The designer should get fired.

Super Grandmaster

Wow. Uhm. Coming from a marketing background this is totally wrong. There is no fixed branding concept to be found. The new slogan is not catchy at all. Very forgettable. Cell C For Yourself was much better. Like Murraybiscuit said, white on black doesn't work. From a psychological perspective, a darker brand alienates the majority of people. The red branding gave Cell C definition, some colour to associate with them, now they're black. Black is not a colour, it's the absence of a colour. WTF is with the elephant on the starter pack? No, VERY bad branding. True yes that the old branding was getting boring, but I would've at least kept the basic concept and just modernised it a bit. But this is so forgettable.
    Listen to RadioActive Rock, SA's REAL Rock Station. Tune in at rarock.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BLIXEMPIE View Post
    Wow. Uhm. Coming from a marketing background this is totally wrong. There is no fixed branding concept to be found. The new slogan is not catchy at all. Very forgettable. Cell C For Yourself was much better. Like Murraybiscuit said, white on black doesn't work. From a psychological perspective, a darker brand alienates the majority of people. The red branding gave Cell C definition, some colour to associate with them, now they're black. Black is not a colour, it's the absence of a colour. WTF is with the elephant on the starter pack? No, VERY bad branding. True yes that the old branding was getting boring, but I would've at least kept the basic concept and just modernised it a bit. But this is so forgettable.
    Cell C wants to be customer centric,

So the C - represents the customer, and the ring is Cell C

So the customer is the centre and Cell C wants to tailor solutions around the customer
    THESE POSTS ARE OF MY OWN, AND REFLECT NO AFFILIATION TO ANY INDIVIDUAL OR COMPANY THAT I MAY HAVE

Default You are Right...........................

Quote Originally Posted by JK8 View Post
    Vodafone taking over red?
    I heard this about a year ago. That Cell-C has agreed in paper to not use the RED any longer in its logo or Adverts for some cash behind closed doors payment. And Vodafone is going to re-brand Vodacom to Vodafone and use the RED everywhere. I thought i was absolute bull. But as time moves on it's slowly becoming True.

DXL - Team

Quote Originally Posted by Pynet View Post
    What is up with making Trever Noah CEO (Customer Education officer)? And did anyone see the stunt of the full page apology letter ad to him (Trevor Noah) in the Sunday times last week?
    It's a pre-planned PR stunt. I'm disappointed but not surprised. See my blog article "Cell-C PR Lies Exposed"

All these w*nkers can do is play with copyright and trademark symbols while their service sucks worse than ever. They have never listened to complaints in the past, why should we believe this new set of lies?
    Donn Edwards
    Security Now! listener
    So We’re In Agreement Maxim: If you’re happy with your security, so are the bad guys.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Cell C wants to be customer centric,

So the C - represents the customer, and the ring is Cell C

So the customer is the centre and Cell C wants to tailor solutions around the customer
    The "C" in a circle is basically a copyright symbol. But you know what, I'd say that's the best part of their new branding. Have you seen their new website? It's so dark and cold. Instant headache. The black branding doesn't work. Maybe if they used black on white, but white on black is just bad bad.
    Listen to RadioActive Rock, SA's REAL Rock Station. Tune in at rarock.com.

Logo dose not work but the pan-African colours in the stripe is at least original even though many will mistake it for the Gay Pride colours.
    Do something today for those than cannot do anything for you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast