Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to unlock Huawei 3G modems

come on guys put away your slongs

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris85 View Post
    Thank you Park, its nice to get a straight answer from someone for a change.
    I tried to check out the link but the site is blocked at work
    from the link:

Unlocker for Huawei Modems

I've finished a quick and dirty implementation of a script which calculates unlock codes ("NCK") for Huawei modems:
    huawei-unlock.py
    The algorithm has been published a while ago, and there are a lot of other tools out there which do just the same thing. You need python 2.x to run the script.
    This is a list of devices for which the unlock code ought to work:
    Huawei: E156, E155, E1550, E1552, E156G, E160, E160G, E161, E166, E169, E169G, E170, E172, E176, E1762, E180, E182E, E196, E226, E270, E271, E272, E510, E612, E618, E620, E630, E630+, E660, E660A, E800, E870, E880, EG162, E880, EG162, EG162G, EG602, EG602G
    Vodafone: K2540, K3515, K3520, K3565, K3520, K3565

A method to unlock the popular E220 devices has been published here.
    Could you please explain a bit more about the Python Software? What is it? What does it do?
    Never used but have a look here:

http://www.python.org/about/
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    come on guys put away your slongs

from the link:

Never used but have a look here:

http://www.python.org/about/
    Thanks Park,

Could you please show me what is in that link for the E220? Once again, my lovely office internet slaps my hands from the keyboard when I try to open it :/
    I see Dead Pixels.......

damn i'm guessing proxies are blocked also?

Its full of links and images which i don't have time for now. But there's the txt:
    unlocking huawei e220..manually
    below is my attempt to unlock a huawei e220 datacard. so please understand, i do not take any responsibility for your actions with this information.

let's get it right, shall we...

preparation

1. E220Update_11.117.09.04.00.B268.exe
    2. QC BQS Analyzer
    3. Hex Editor
    4. E220 SimLock_UnLock.exe
    5. E220 DataCard in your USB port

the work

run the E220 Firmware Update Wizard until datacard is detected and cancel it. your e220 will be detected more easily by QC BQS Analyzer.

run QC BQS Analyzer, choose 'Communication' - 'Use Com/USB Port'. a 'QC Com Diag Window' will appear. test your connection.

1. set your Serial Com Port (3G PC UI Interface, not the other one)
    2. click 'Send Cmd'

you'll get 'Successfully send command.' and output similiar to the textbox. If you got no response at all (no output or 'CommError'), you have to restart the process.

set 'Read EFS' from Standard Mode dropdown menu, click 'Lets go'. name the file (efs.bin), save it.

open saved file with hex editor, search for following hex-chain: 53-64-2C-00, and you should see the unlock code.

run E220 SimLock_UnLock.exe, enter your unlock code.

remarks

Hardware & Firmware Version : ^FHVER:11.117.09.04.00,CD33TCPUB"
    (AT^FHVER)

Tested on : T-Mobile E220, INDOSAT E220
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

I understand what the code does and the implications, what I don't understand is how the code should be executed.

The reason why I am asking these questions on the forum is because most of the sites are blocked at the office so I cannot do any real research
    The code is written in an older version of
    Python, so you would have to download
    the 2.7 from http://python.org/

Put the source code into a Python editor
    (IDLE) new window, save it as
    huawei-unlock.py (don't leave out the .py !!)

Then you have to run it from the command
    line with the IMEI (see the example)

It's not difficult.

You may also have to fix the spaces in the
    source code. Python is very pedantic about
    spacing and doesn't like tabs.

You can also compile the code to run
    without the installs. I guess the author
    wanted you to see what was going on
    or to use it on Linux as well.
    Last edited by GingerBeer; 26-08-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: spacing errors in the source code

Found this (2006) here:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...786#post631786

Quote Originally Posted by vodacom3g View Post
    A process is being put into place to unlock network-locked cards already in circulation. This process will commence on the 1st of September and will require the customer who wants his card unlocked to take it to the nearest Vodacare where it will be unlocked for free.

Obviously all new cards or 3G/HSDPA devices will not be network-locked.
    Does this still apply? I have a E220, but only ever used it with VC (curious to see if it will work with MTN etc).

That only applied to a limited set of E620 that were inadvertently locked. All devices sold in SA should be unlocked. While the device will work the dash might not, so you need a generic dash or something like MDMA.
    53.91% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and SABC censorship.

Python is available for Linux and Windows systems.

As a simple explanation Python could be considered as a close relative of Java.

There are dozens of ready compiled Windows applications to calculate codes for most Huawei modems excluding the E220, E/B960, E/B970 and E58xx as these all need to be unlocked by cable. Plus there is no free software to be had with the exception to a risky do-it-yourself routine for the E220 that I've been told can kill a modem if you don't follow the instructions 101% correctly!!

Here is just one: http://rapidshare.com/files/415240867/SBC.rar

The above provides Huawei modem Unlocking Codes and Flash codes. Plus some ZTE phone unlock codes. You'll need WinRAR to decompress the downloaded file.

The unlock code should be obvious, place a SIM that is not normally accepted (simply popping a Vodacom SIM into a 3UK modem for example) you should be asked to enter the calculated code. Some operators around the world have their dashboards doctored to ignore asking for the unlock code in which case you can download a PC installed version of Huawei's Mobile Partner here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads...mised_managers These will work with any Huawei modem - Remember to shut down any other dashboard software first!!

The flash code is used to upgrade a proprietary dashboard with a unbranded or alternative dashboard. For example you have a T-Mobile E160 and you want to put a unbranded Huawei Mobile Partner dashboard into the device. Don't try however, to put just any old dashboard on to your device!! It must match the device!! Unbranded dashboards for many Huawei modems can be found here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/Huawei

If you need a Huawei E220, E/B960, E/B970 and E58xx or Novatel modem unlocking PM me...
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

I understand what the code does and the implications, what I don't understand is how the code should be executed.
    The code is easiest to run on a Linux box, which is why I posted it in the Linux sub-forum. All you would need to do is create a new text file, copy and paste the text from the code block in my first post, save the file as 'huawei-unlock.py', assign the execute permission to the text file, then run it.

The program then asks you for an IMEI number, verifies that it is valid (IMEI numbers, like credit card numbers, have a built-in checksum), then calculates the Unlock and Flash codes and prints them to the screen. The program does not interact with the modem in any way.

Go and grab yourself an Ubuntu Live CD and try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeer View Post
    You may also have to fix the spaces in the source code. Python is very pedantic about spacing and doesn't like tabs.
    It runs fine copying and pasting from the post in this thread.

Does not work with Python 2.4. Does work on 2.6.
    53.91% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and SABC censorship.

Default Unlock modems huawei tool

I found this very cool tutorial which explain best way to unlock huawei modems

Sharing is caring

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12