Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neotel WiMax

Default Neotel WiMax

I would like to say that this upgrade for all NeoConnect Prime Uncapped accounts that they are converting to WiMax, is a real joke.
    My unit/aerial has been installed for almost a month now. They also say that it will be activated with a fixed IP, new username and password within 3 days. This is not the case.

I have been struggling for over 2 weeks and every day I get the same response. “We are so sorry for causing any inconvenience, we will send you your information by tomorrow”. The last few weeks their network is also very unstable, so I have decided to move back to the enemy, Telkom.

If anyone was still making a decision of using Neotel as a broadband provider, then please be warned.

NeoFail... at it's worst. Again.

Shocking

No idea what you guys are moaning about... I just had my Neotel WiMax upgraded this week (was on NeoFlex 10Gb and very happy). I'm now getting more than double the speed on flex, and it's uncapped!! And according to Neotel's website, my area (Orchards, JHB) doesn't have the best signal! HA!

Maybe you guys should move out of the sticks and join real 21st century civilization? If not, shush then!

Ok, i'm off to download some movies and play MAG online thru my PS3... bet you wish you could do that

Quote Originally Posted by Silversid View Post
    No idea what you guys are moaning about... I just had my Neotel WiMax upgraded this week (was on NeoFlex 10Gb and very happy). I'm now getting more than double the speed on flex, and it's uncapped!! And according to Neotel's website, my area (Orchards, JHB) doesn't have the best signal! HA!

Maybe you guys should move out of the sticks and join real 21st century civilization? If not, shush then!

Ok, i'm off to download some movies and play MAG online thru my PS3... bet you wish you could do that
    Bookmarks this thread for future use....
    I see Dead Pixels.......

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris85 View Post
    Bookmarks this thread for future use....
    lol. yup... this will come in handy:P

Jealousy makes you nasty

Personally, I was disappointed with the time that it took to have the installation done (4 working days, 6 actual days). However, the service I have received from one of the Neotel consultants was note-worthy. He was always polite even when I got frustrated with him. He kept me up to date with what was happening and did a fantastic job of keeping me calm (which is far less than I can say for his superiors and managers). If you want good service, speak to Tebogo in their WiMax department.

In terms of speed, I have done about 4.6gbs of down traffic today, (from 00:00 to 11:19), so I can't really complain. Running torrents and still able to browse. Ping times are right down and the uploads no longer kill my connection as the prime device did

Jeez two years later and they still haven't launched a consumer uncapped product yet.

It's there now, but not much in the way of actually ordering it that I could find. I've also email them to ask if they can give me an idea of coverage and to elaborate on why the business 1mbps is so much more expensive than WiMAX Lite 1mbps, apart from the minor uplink difference and vast amount of unlisted WiMAX Lite information compared to business WiMAX.

I've not heard anything from them yet, I suppose you only get a response if you actually complete the order form for Neoflex and then explain you actually wanted WiMAX.

Neofail is a big fail all the time. If a Wimax tower is to farway you have no conection! And their service is really a NON service. Wes topped using Neotel. They are big Shi....

+ Reply to Thread