Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MyADSL's First Conference

Exclamation MyADSL's First Conference

Hi folks

I am glad to announce that MyADSL’s First Broadband Conference will take place at the University of Johannesburg on the 1st of November from 13:00 – 18:00. We have assembled a great list of speakers which includes Douglas Reed (MD of DataPro), Roelf Diedericks (JAWUG & INet-Bridge), Alan Bacher (Product Manager, Internet Solutions), Willian Stucke (ISPA & ZANet) and Jannie van Zyl (Vodacom 3G & DS Vision).

The issues that will be discussed include ADSL’s current status and its future, the use of Wifi in broadband provisioning, 3G and beyond, Broadband benchmarking locally and internationally and obstacles and solutions in broadband provisioning in South Africa. This is a great opportunity for anybody interested in broadband to gain a wider knowledge of our current technologies and see what the future might hold.

Even better news is that this conference will be FREE to all MyADSL members who register before or on 25 October 2005. Unfortunately we only have space for 100 delegates, so please register ASAP if you are interested.

You can register by using any of the following methods (please give your name, organization & contact details):
    --Email your details to [email protected]
    --Fax your details to 0866532053

Snacks, tea and coffee will be served and a cash bar will be available. This will obviously be a great opportunity to meet and socialize with other members.

Please download the full brochure for more details: http://home.telkomsa.net/rudolph/conference.pdf

We hope to see you at the conference.

Your feedback is welcomed as usual (if you see any errors in the brochure please let me know!).

Regards,

RPM
    Last edited by rpm; 18-10-2005 at 12:47 AM.

More advertising Rudolph !
    ---
    TheRoDent

Wish I could make it.

please send an invite to Mike vd Bergh and his crew?
    Sorry i can't make it but will be with you in spirit 100%.
    When are we having our AGM?
    Kisses
    P
    peapod
    you can run but you oh so cannot hide!
    "To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance."
    - Dr John Raymond Baker

(\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoDent
    More advertising Rudolph !
    Hi TheRoDent

We thought of it, but it would mean lost more work. We decided to just fork out the cash and make it easy for everybody. I must however congratulate the Department of BIT from UJ who will be carrying some of the expenses (offered without being asked!). While there will be free snacks, tea and coffee, we could not afford free booze. From what we have heard in the OT section we might just have no hosting money left if we went that route

Regards,

RPM

Super Grandmaster

Hi RPM,

I guess that you will be recording the proceedings, is there any possibility of a live web cast? It would be great to take part remotely, even if it was Audio only, but I guess that as it is on November 1st, nobody will have enough bandwidth to handle it.

Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by caroper; 18-10-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caroper
    Hi RPM,

I guess that you will be recording the proceedings, is there any possibility of a live web cast? It would be great to take part remotely, even if it was Audio only, but I guess that as it is on November 1st, nobody will have enough bandwidth to handle it.

Cheers
    Chris
    Hi CARoper

Unfortunately we do not have a reliable connection at the conference facilities. We will however record the proceedings and make it available here.

Regards,

RPM

Super Grandmaster

How about using Flatcast to broadcast the audio?
    It is a p2p type streamer, so you only need to send 1 single (approx. 20 kbps) stream. So it will (should) work, even with GPRS!

Banned

pitty about the date, right on to of varsity exams

Thumbs up get a speaker from ICASA

This is great news, hope to be there.
    Any chance of getting a rep from our favourite regulator ?

Grandmaster

It would be great if the next one was hosted on a Saturday. A weekday makes it impossible for me.

Grandmaster

This is great news! Well done rpm and thanks for all your efforts!
    Bandwidth is the lifeblood of the digital economy - Mark Shuttleworth

Lightbulb Webcast?

It will be great to tape this for the rest of us that can not make this event. How about it? please rpm?

Quote Originally Posted by fergus
    This is great news! Well done rpm and thanks for all your efforts!
    Agreed

Will be there, leave already approved.
    Stoned people in houses shouldn't throw glasses

Hi rpm,

On page 3 of the brochure, please change "Any question?" to "Any Questions?". I am nitpicking

Otherwise the brochure looks great.

Regards,
    mj
    Stoned people in houses shouldn't throw glasses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast