Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 reasons why South African companies should look towards hosted VoIP

Default 10 reasons why South African companies should look towards hosted VoIP

Ten reasons why SA companies should look towards hosted VoIP

According to trends analysts IDC, IT strategies in Africa for the year 2011 will be characterised by technologies including the cloud and virtualisation

Talking Hosted PBX - way of the future

Definitely agree with this article - Hosted PBX or VoIP just makes so much sense especially for SMEs!

BUT.... there are some things that I think companies must be weary of before jumping into this new technology.

See what I am talking about here: http://companies.mybroadband.co.za/b...l-pbx-failure/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by advic View Post
    Definitely agree with this article - Hosted PBX or VoIP just makes so much sense especially for SMEs!

BUT.... there are some things that I think companies must be weary of before jumping into this new technology.

See what I am talking about here: http://companies.mybroadband.co.za/b...l-pbx-failure/
    Quote Originally Posted by greg123 View Post
    I have a business with about 5 different branches all over the country.
    We have just implemented a Hosted PBX and it's great!
    But definitely agree with the above comment... we had a look at a number of suppliers and in the end went with Du Pont telecom.
    Lots of the people we spoke to really didn't seem to know what they were doing or offer an end-to end solution!
    Hahahahahaha! LMFAO. You guys could be a bit more covert about your advertising.

advic - registered today 15-02-2011 - 1 post only (above)
    greg123 - registered today 15-02-2011 - 1 post only (above)

Nice try MyBB and Du Pont. You don't fool us with this cheap advertising stunt.

Blog Entries

So.. will my post above get deleted? Time will tell...

Well spotted Toxic was about to give my 2c about how one sided the article, I mean advertorial, wonder how much that costs vs traditional advertising?

I've installed VOIP at my last two workplaces both installations cost < R15,000 (9 - 16 extentions with IVR) and have been running for almost 5 years? Not sure how you beat that for TCO? I even used OCS 2007 and audiocodes in the one install, Asterisk and Digium hardware in the other.

Major problem in the ZA marketspace is that cost savings are punted, but the reality is that most companies install a switchboard that lasts 5 to 8 years.

Hosted VoIP systems start to compete with onsite in terms of running costs in as little as three years.

The annuity costs are similar for other hosted products like hosted exchange and CRM, after a couple of years it makes more sense to implement it yourself, even microsoft admits this in their own sales propaganda.

D

+ Reply to Thread