Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Customer - 7-Day Speedtest with Amobia 3MB uncapped WiMax

Nah, normal surfing and downloads, pings are at 25ms on average. I'm 2km from the tower..the guy who did the install said there is someone who is 10km away who does a lot of gaming who is very happy.

How many people are happy with Amobia? I'm having the exact same problem, very slow speeds, sometimes non existent, customer service really bad.

Anybody in the Edenvale area with Amobia? looking at moving and need and alternative to ADSL
    ROG Crosshair Formula IV - AMD Phenom x6 1055T 3.5ghz - 8gb Corsair Dominator ddr3 1600 - Asus GTX 570 - CM Enforcer

Am hoping performance is location-dependent...just signed up and waiting for installation now and will monitor how it goes...location in the Randburg area...I mean what other WiMax alternatives are there after the shutdown of Screamer last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Moe5508 View Post
    Am hoping performance is location-dependent...just signed up and waiting for installation now and will monitor how it goes...location in the Randburg area...I mean what other WiMax alternatives are there after the shutdown of Screamer last week?
    Neotel. Price is a bit high, but from what I have been able to gather it is far better then their previous "internet" products. It's unshaped to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie View Post
    Neotel. Price is a bit high, but from what I have been able to gather it is far better then their previous "internet" products. It's unshaped to.
    Yeah, my current contract is actually with Neotel on the Neoflex Data and I put in a request for them to come and do a WiMax site survey 2 months before the contract expired but they just never pitched and yes at R1,299 p.m. Neotel is pricey and not an option for me.
    Last edited by Moe5508; 17-05-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moe5508 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but Amobia doesn't use WiMax?

To anyone on Amobia uncapped, what sort of speeds are you getting for downloads? please spec where the downloads are from eg P2P, newsservers. Are you happy with the service?

Quote Originally Posted by fantomcaption View Post
    Below is the email correspondence we had with peter savage. He details some very comprehensive diagnostics. I don't understand some of it to be honest, a bit technical for me. That said, we haven't got the desired line speed, still. I've been testing frequently this weekend. It was particularly bad yesterday evening. At the moment of writing this I cracked 0.94mbps with a 533ms ping and 0.4mbps upload speed.

Let's see what Amobia say?

@Amobi: still not a great connection guys. What can you suggest?
    face it, amobia is the worst internet provider ever. 2016 and stll the same isseus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123