Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DStv Mobile Drifta support for BlackBerry still in the works

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    This is the list of currently supported devices on their website: http://www.dstvmobile.com/dstvmobile...tible-handsets
    As stated in my first post, the list you linked to is the list of devices which support DVB-H mobile dstv, not which devices are supported by the Drifta. The Drifta streams a wifi signal to a phone/device so it doesn't have to be DVB-H compatible. Currently they just say Blackberry, Android and Nokia devices to be suppported (supposed to have been by 1 April). They don't say which devices on those platforms which will be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Was hoping for more news on BB support?
    This just posted on dstv mobile thread :

Got the same response from the CEO of DSTV Mobile on Friday

" Thanks for your note below. I'm sorry if you feel like you haven't been given an adequate explanation on this matter.

The reality is that the Blackberry Application for the Drifta is one of our highest priorities at the moment. There is an unforeseen technical challenge which my team and Blackberry are working through to try and get this to market as soon as we can.
    We know how loyal the Blackberry users are to their devices and we look forward to releasing the app as soon as we can."

I guess I have enough reason now to buy the iPad II and pretend that Drifta for Blackberry will never be

http://forum.dstvmobile.com/showthre...=4372#post4372

Quote Originally Posted by j-j View Post
    As stated in my first post, the list you linked to is the list of devices which support DVB-H mobile dstv, not which devices are supported by the Drifta. The Drifta streams a wifi signal to a phone/device so it doesn't have to be DVB-H compatible. Currently they just say Blackberry, Android and Nokia devices to be suppported (supposed to have been by 1 April). They don't say which devices on those platforms which will be supported.
    Sorry, I completely misread your earlier post.

A previous press release from DStv Mobile said they intend to support Symbian^3 on Nokia (http://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadc...per-month.html).

To my knowledge no specifics on the BlackBerry or Android support have been provided.

Master

Yeah, I'd also like to see Android support.

I can't wait for this app to be made available for the Blackberry devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I'm waiting for feedback from DStv Mobile on the progress on all three mobile apps. As soon as I have it you can expect an update.
    Drifta
    There is an Android one in the works (no timeline yet)
    There is a blackberry one in the works ( no time line yet)
    There is a Nokia S60 version in the works (sooner than the other 2, but will only be ready when the coding is done)

To clarify, S60 Nokia's will utilize the Drifta with wifi support (CPU needs to be above 700mhz)
    Nokia N8 is currently available for DSTv Mobile, however this does not utilize the drifta, it utilizes a Mobile TV adaptor that plugs into the USB port on the N8 and has the DVB-H radio built into the adaptor and then the "mobile TV" app is available on the OVI store.

For older S60 devices there is a NOkia Bluetooth adaptor available in Kenya only SU-W33 which picks up the signal of DVB-H and transmits via Bluetooth to the S60 and plays back the channels. This would work in south africa, if they were available anymore. However Nokia has stopped production of them and very few went into the market. +- 3000.

Should you have a Series 3 Nokia the service is available to you and you can buy the DVb-H device from this website:
    http://www.celcom.co.za/p-651-nokia-...-with-h-1.aspx
    R399

hope that clarifies things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123