Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airtime quietly being stolen?

Default Airtime quietly being stolen?

Airtime quietly being stolen?

Industry insider shows how WASPs bill users without authorization, taking over R1,000 per SIM within days

By reading this article is sounds as if VC is about as corrupt as our Guffenment.

Think I hate WASPs more than I hate taxis!

Grandmaster

Come on Jannie, surely Vodacom has a policy that governs fraudulent actions for WASPS. Surely you guys are trying to protect your client base??

MyBB Legend

I think xrapidx and I have also experience this before. VodacomData sorted me out, though

Super Grandmaster

Just have a look here at all the complaints. Waar daar 'n rokie trek is daar 'n vuurtjie...

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    Just have a look here at all the complaints. Waar daar 'n rokie trek is daar 'n vuurtjie...
    I googled 'opera telecom', the first 2 results were from 'HelloPeter.co.za'... LOL!
    Last edited by BGE; 02-08-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: I can't spell

You should be able to log in or via USSD, opt to not be subscribed or billed for any of that crap.

And should you sms those 35050 crap services, get a messages saying you aren't provisioned.

And that you first need to have yourself provisioned before you can get ripped off
    Quote Originally Posted by VodacomData View Post
    Let me know if there is anything i can do to make you happier with Vodacom , except pricing................

Grandmaster

Forget the WASPS stealing our money - I've got Vodacom quietly stealing my airtime all by themselves! I have no way to prove it though - I just know that my airtime magically decreases by itself without me doing anything that could be using my airtime. As a result I have almost no airtime on my phone (if it's not there it can't be stolen) but that leaves me unable to send sms's or make calls.

Sigh.

Identify the [email protected] that is steeling your money and publish there addresses and phone numbers and company addresses.
    Then it is easy. Go to their work and kick the crap out of them.
    If they take your money make sure that they give it back. No more calls to them. Go and see them.
    Last edited by Beri; 02-08-2011 at 02:35 PM.

you know the last time there was a scandal similar to this, thinking the old telcom 087? numbers icasa killed them all.. why can't icasa step in now? I mean if the industry can't regulate and fix itself it needs to be killed off finally.
    When have you demonstrated leadership skills?
    "Well my best example would be in online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by BGE View Post
    I googled 'opera telecom', the first 2 results were from 'HelloPeter.co.za'... LOL!
    These are the same guys harassing me. Just lodged a complaint with WASPA. Found I had OPERA028, OPERA018 showing up on my bill. Shortcodes of: 31929, 31921, 27840031903 to a TOTAL of R157 in June. I see they have quite a few complaints against them, 19 of them which have been upheld by WASPA. Surely they should be shutdown after exceeding a certain threshold?

It's theft plain and simple. What a racket!

When you use the Vodacom online portal to manage your prepaid account, there is a Mini Statement option which will show you the last 10 transactions which was made on your number. That will identify the culprits quickly. I wonder how the new consumer act protects agains wasps? Any ideas?

As far as I know the new consumer protection act has supposed to have done away with the inflated SMS price. According to CPA no company is allowed to bill at premium sms rates any longer. Consumers only pay the normal network rates for any sms they send.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast