Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Tackle Telkom?

Angry How to Tackle Telkom?

Hi Guys

At my parents house, I have ISDN and R7 call plan and Mweb is our ISP, and it has worked for us for the last 5 years. In September 2005 all that changed. We kept getting disconnected, all the time, on average around 15-20 times a day between 7pm and 7am, and auto redial was activated. I was at University and living in Cape Town at the time and so I could not do anything about it, since I only went home during holidays.

December holidays I went home, and I tried everything in my power to troubleshoot this problem and came up empty handed. At this time we had 4 Months of bills over R1500, where are average bill for a month was +- R300.

I called Telkom, and reported the fault, and Telkom sent a Technician to sort it out. The Technician established that the ISDN switch was faulty and it kept loosing power causing the connection to drop. Telkom replaced the switch and everything seems to be fine now.

BUT

We were screwed out of about R6k because of there faulty equipment kept on clocking up calls for them! I have been trying to get them to credit us for that, but Mweb can't provide us with Detailed Connection Logs with Detailed Disconnect Reasons, And Telkom say they can't do anything with out this. I have been Struggling for the past month with this and I am still nowhere. Has anyone else experienced anything like this ?? It is VERY annoying, and I am sure as hell not GIVING Telkom R6k for a crap job of keeping there Equipment in working order.

Does anybody have a contact high up at Mweb that can provide me with the report I am looking for. I spoke to Richard at Abuse department, but nothing came of that. Any other help would be appreciated.

Regards

Grandmaster

Thumbs down Hate Slowkom & Disconnects

Even with the logs you won't get anything back... I know I have tried several times in the past going up the ladder of escalating complaints etc and I am a Telkom internet user. They basically see it as your problem no matter how you try to explain.... sorry

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy
    The Technician established that the ISDN switch was faulty and it kept loosing power causing the connection to drop. Telkom replaced the switch and everything seems to be fine now....
    surely this, together with a detailed bill reflecting the re-dialled dropped calls, one after the other, should be all the "proof" telkom needs to see that a credit is due!

being the slimey thieves they are, telkom will give you the run around rather than checking their own very detailed reports/logs, but don't put up with it and forget about mweb - take the matter higher within telkom - regional customer care 0800600126, if no joy ask for the regional customer care manager, then move on to papi molotsane and then ICASA.

or maybe one of our legal eagles would be kind enough to reply to this thread

The fault was clearly on Telkom's side so they need to refund you. I would think that they would need to refund the charges levied for each evening dial-in except the first one, as one would be connected all night (if good luck was shining down on you) from the first call.

I would encourage you to follow the instructions on this page - Resolving a Telkom Dispute - works very well for most people.
    Telkom go google go!

Quote Originally Posted by MaD View Post
    The fault was clearly on Telkom's side so they need to refund you. I would think that they would need to refund the charges levied for each evening dial-in except the first one, as one would be connected all night (if good luck was shining down on you) from the first call.

I would encourage you to follow the instructions on this page - Resolving a Telkom Dispute - works very well for most people.
    Hi

Unfortunately telkom have taken the Regional Customer Care Manager number 080 060 0126 out of service

Typical

7 and a half years. Impressive.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

Naspers employee?

I have had so many problems with Telkom, my bills are never consistent although my telephone and internet use is. I am thinking of changing. One gets no where and the bills keep on mounting.

Super Grandmaster

Just PM the Telkom rep he will help you .
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...44781-TelkomZA
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck
    Full consciousness will come to very few people in their life time .

+ Reply to Thread