Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: RouteSentry: Manage 2 ADSL account connections on 1 pc, 1 line, 1 modem (local/intnl)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Works well with 7202g

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've now released a non expiring version (0.02) of this utility. I've been running it continuously for a few weeks now and it's been working perfectly... Don't know how I ever lived without it...
    Visit antibody-software.com for free software to check your ADSL usage, split local/international traffic between 2 ISP accounts, free proxy server and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Error 633

Hi,

Excellent Utility - can't wait to get mine working with both accounts.

I can connect to the first account (international) without any problems, but when I try to activate the local account I get an error: "633 The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly"

I am usinge RASPPPOE which has been configured to use two WAN endpoints. I have gone through all the settings on the LAN link and the 'dial-up' links that I have for my two accounts - can't see anything that I can set to make it work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1b0dy
    I've now released a non expiring version (0.02) of this utility. I've been running it continuously for a few weeks now and it's been working perfectly... Don't know how I ever lived without it...
    You did live without it, I think?, but maybe did not manage without it. Hehe

How will this help me. I have a Telkom ADSL512 and a sepperate Mweb VPN or tunnel Sat downlink. How could I benefit unless I take out another local IS account ?
    Last edited by pupa; 26-03-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noo
    Hi,

Excellent Utility - can't wait to get mine working with both accounts.

I can connect to the first account (international) without any problems, but when I try to activate the local account I get an error: "633 The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly"

I am usinge RASPPPOE which has been configured to use two WAN endpoints. I have gone through all the settings on the LAN link and the 'dial-up' links that I have for my two accounts - can't see anything that I can set to make it work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    2 possibilities here:

1. You sure you're using a raspppoe dial up connection and not a windows 'broadband' connection? Windows pppoe will only allow one 'broadband' connection at a time.

2. if you changed the number of raspppoe endpoints you have to restart your pc before the change takes effect.
    Visit antibody-software.com for free software to check your ADSL usage, split local/international traffic between 2 ISP accounts, free proxy server and more.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pupa
    You did live without it, I think?, but maybe did not manage without it. Hehe

How will this help me. I have a Telkom ADSL512 and a sepperate Mweb VPN or tunnel Sat downlink. How could I benefit unless I take out another local IS account ?
    This is only really useful if you have a 'cheap' local only account available. IS accounts are the best for this, specially with the news server...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ant1b0dy
    2 possibilities here:

1. You sure you're using a raspppoe dial up connection and not a windows 'broadband' connection? Windows pppoe will only allow one 'broadband' connection at a time.

2. if you changed the number of raspppoe endpoints you have to restart your pc before the change takes effect.
    Hi,

I installed RASPPPOE as per instructions from the developer, bound it to the LAN card, set the WAN endpoints and then rebooted. After that I created my ISP connections.

I am not 100% certain that the connections have used the RASPPPOE protocol! All I can see is that PPPOE is being used. How can I check that the raspppoe has been used - have hunted Google and MS high and low, without success.

On my LAN card I only have TCP/IP and RASPPOE bound.

Thanks

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noo
    I am not 100% certain that the connections have used the RASPPPOE protocol! All I can see is that PPPOE is being used. How can I check that the raspppoe has been used - have hunted Google and MS high and low, without success.
    Hmmm... raspppoe connections will appear in the 'dial up' section (not 'broadband' section) of 'network connections'. To create these you click Start, Run, type "raspppoe" (no quotes) and hit enter. Click on Query Available Services, then once it detects your modem you click on 'Create a dial up connection for the selected adapter'.

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a million, your post sparked another line of thought - I have been using the raspppoe application, but always click on QUERY AVAILABLE SERVICES first before creating a connection. I now created a connection first, modified the properties, created a second connection, fired up Route Sentry, modded those entries, and WOW - its working!!

Thanks again for your help, and thanks for an excellent utility!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand... would this work for a normal ADSL Router, like a Netgear DG834G?

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Acid ... you'll not typically be using your ADSL Router like that - you probably want your router to dial-up for you and handle the firewall issues and all that stuff.

This is only useful if you currently create a Dial-Up connection on your computer to connect to the ADSL service provider.

For this kind of a setup, the ADSL modem runs in "dumb" mode, where no other functionality except for the ADSL modem functionality is made available. It's a mode called bridge mode.

Bridge mode = Modem simply forwards the network packets to the ADSL network, it is like really dumb and stuff. In this mode your computer supplies the network credentials and controls the connection lifespan and handles all security and network packets and forwarding and firewalling and ...

What this software product does is establishes one Dial Up connection through the modem, and then established another connection to possibly a different ISP at the same time. This can only be done when the ADSL modem is in Bridge mode, unless there's a router out there that can do this as part of it's normal setup [i haven't seen one].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ta antibody for da kewl proggie!!!

One question. Does it download the routes each time it connects or are they built in the program?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stoke
    Acid ... you'll not typically be using your ADSL Router like that - you probably want your router to dial-up for you and handle the firewall issues and all that stuff.

This is only useful if you currently create a Dial-Up connection on your computer to connect to the ADSL service provider.

For this kind of a setup, the ADSL modem runs in "dumb" mode, where no other functionality except for the ADSL modem functionality is made available. It's a mode called bridge mode.

Bridge mode = Modem simply forwards the network packets to the ADSL network, it is like really dumb and stuff. In this mode your computer supplies the network credentials and controls the connection lifespan and handles all security and network packets and forwarding and firewalling and ...

What this software product does is establishes one Dial Up connection through the modem, and then established another connection to possibly a different ISP at the same time. This can only be done when the ADSL modem is in Bridge mode, unless there's a router out there that can do this as part of it's normal setup [i haven't seen one].
    So it IS possible dialup up with two accounts with one ADSL modem??? Is there anywhere I can read up on this? Or how to turn my router to be a dumbass?

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AcidRaZor
    So it IS possible dialup up with two accounts with one ADSL modem??? Is there anywhere I can read up on this? Or how to turn my router to be a dumbass?
    Check this thread, there's a hidden menu option on the netgears.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBlack
    Ta antibody for da kewl proggie!!!

One question. Does it download the routes each time it connects or are they built in the program?
    No it reads the SA routes from the localroutes.dat file. You can add or modify these entries manually if you need to (just remember to close and restart RouteSentry after making changes).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast