Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: RouteSentry: Manage 2 ADSL account connections on 1 pc, 1 line, 1 modem (local/intnl)

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Wow, looks like its working great!

Could i ask you one last thing Flippy?
    MMA Un-caged

Quote Originally Posted by remybfg10k View Post
    Wow, looks like its working great!

Could i ask you one last thing Flippy?
    go for it

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

damn, it was working, now the landing page again....

Checked and the DNS settings are still the same as you supplied to me!

Any other ideas?

Offtopic, i wanted to ask if you could access this embroidery site : http://gorgeousstitches.biz

its part of this thread http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=133757

If you can access it please let me know what ISP your using?

its part of this
    MMA Un-caged

try flush your dns. my try clearing cache and history.

cant help to much at the moment. my accounts not capped yet so still on international. but i have a mweb and then i use that for local along with my afrihost account

edit tried http://gorgeousstitches.biz/ on just my international account. get 504 gateway timeout
    Last edited by Flippy_r_1st; 03-01-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy_r_1st View Post
    try flush your dns. my try clearing cache and history.

cant help to much at the moment. my accounts not capped yet so still on international. but i have a mweb and then i use that for local along with my afrihost account

edit tried http://gorgeousstitches.biz/ on just my international account. get 504 gateway timeout
    Dammit!

Thanks Flippy, it seems like the R499 uncapped option from SAOL is the best way to go rather.
    MMA Un-caged

Ok I finally unlocked my Nashua Billion 5200G router, but now where do I change the WAN endpoints to 2? I can't find it anywhere

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tpex View Post
    Ok I finally unlocked my Nashua Billion 5200G router, but now where do I change the WAN endpoints to 2? I can't find it anywhere
    Download this reg file http://www.quickshare.co.za/files/v2...oints.reg.html
    for the <3 of STOLICHNAYA!!!!!

Rossiyskaya Federatsiya

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfigure View Post
    Na its ok sorted, I didn't realize the change was on that PPPOE thing you had to install, I thought I was on my router, but now everything works and I'm using routesentry, YAY! thaks for your help

where do i go to change my options to allow two connections in the properties of the pppoe connection...i cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by Tpex View Post
    Na its ok sorted, I didn't realize the change was on that PPPOE thing you had to install, I thought I was on my router, but now everything works and I'm using routesentry, YAY! thaks for your help
    use pada's app that his being making much better than RS

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kmeister View Post
    where do i go to change my options to allow two connections in the properties of the pppoe connection...i cant find it
    Search for WanEndPoints or look in my Signature for Stroeb's RouteSentry guide
    Alternatively you could try out my app too.

Default Thank you Antibody, Stroebs, and Pada!

A special thanks to Stroebs for your windows 7 guide. Could not get it to work, but because of your help the routes are setup and my ips differ when checked!! Hopefully my 5gigs will last a little longer this time. Much appreciate all you techie guys' work and efforts!!

After my moment of excitement...

I've just realised that I want to also use Route Sentry for another wired pc connected to my router, as well as with both laptops that my family use and my iphone (they only connect wirelessly though). I am despondent. After searching through posts from 07 - I give up.... unless you beautiful mybbers can help a nooooob out.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

hey WatchMan,

Unfortunately the ADSL accounts have an upper limit of 4 connections that you can dial at the same time (the ISP's refer to this as "concurrent connections"). Some account won't even allow you to dial a second account (eg. the uncapped accounts).
    A standard RouteSentry setup, where you run it on each PC and where each PC would then dial its own connections won't work in your case since you simple have too many PC's where you want to split the traffic.

There are a few alternatives:
    1. Run 1 PC with RouteSentry 24/7 so that it can split the traffic for all the other network devices (eg. iPhone, laptops, etc). This would require a router capable of PPPoE Relaying (aka half-bridge mode / PPPoE Passthrough: where the router dials 1 account and it still allows other network devices to dial additional accounts). The reason why you need a router capable of PPPoE Relaying is simple: Windows can only share 1 connection and no more.
      Here's where xPython's friend managed to split traffic like that: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...=1#post3267945
    2. Run a linux machine 24/7. Linux has a few advantages over windows, like linux can "share" more than 1 connection.
    3. Get a router capable of dialing multiple accounts.
      a) I had a D-Link 2500U that could dial multiple accounts and split traffic too! I first had to upgrade its firmware before it was able to dial multiple accounts. The 2500U doesn't have wireless and only 1 LAN port, so you'll have to hook it onto a switch or wireless AP.

b) Get a Linksys WRT54GL, which you hook onto your existing ADSL modem/router. The Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT firmware is a very powerful combination and Gatecrasher already wrote a script to split traffic for it: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...Linksys-WRT54G

c) Get a MikroTik router, like the cheap RB750 (R325 excl. VAT from Scoop Distributions). This RB750 has 5 LAN ports. Configuring the MikroTik routers are quite easiest since you can use WinBox (a graphical user interface) to configure almost everything on it, unlike with the WRT54GL running DD-WRT firmware where you have to run scripts from the console. There are already scripts for splitting traffic with the MikroTik routers too.

Of all those options, I prefer the MikroTik one. Once you've configured it to split the traffic, you won't need any special configurations/applications on your other network devices.
    The RB750 is very cheap for what it offers, since it costs roughly half of what you can get a Linksys WRT54GL for.
    I have a RB750 myself, which splits the traffic across a VPN to the University, a VPN to my office, a WUG (Wireless User Group) and an ADSL connection
    Even though the RB750 doesn't have wireless won't stop you from splitting traffic coming from wireless connections via your existing ADSL router/WiFi AP.
    Last edited by Pada; 23-05-2010 at 12:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445