Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: RouteSentry: Manage 2 ADSL account connections on 1 pc, 1 line, 1 modem (local/intnl)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1b0dy
    The whole point of this utility is to allow you to be connected to BOTH ISP connections AT THE SAME TIME, with local traffic flowing through the one and international traffic through the other. I hope you understand now.
    Good! Thanks for that!

Spoke to a mate who reckoned other wise. All cleared up then.
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ant1b0dy, first big thumbs up

Got everything up and running, and it's all working fab

Just one question though. Is there anyway to run all smtp services through the int'l acc rather than the local account?

What is happening is, all outgoing e-mail is not being sent through the IS account. I keep getting an Admin error:
    554 <xx-xxx-x.xxxx.isadsl.co.za[196.209.xx.xx]>: Client host rejected: IS ADSL

E-mail all works ok through the int'l WebAfrica account though. Only problem is that with RouteSentry enabled, all out-going e-mail wants to go through the local IS account, and the above error comes up.

Is there anyway to route all smtp traffic through the WebAfrica account? I would still like to keep incoming POP traffic to be routed through the IS Local account if possible.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMaster
    ant1b0dy, first big thumbs up

Got everything up and running, and it's all working fab

Just one question though. Is there anyway to run all smtp services through the int'l acc rather than the local account?

What is happening is, all outgoing e-mail is not being sent through the IS account. I keep getting an Admin error:
    554 <xx-xxx-x.xxxx.isadsl.co.za[196.209.xx.xx]>: Client host rejected: IS ADSL

E-mail all works ok through the int'l WebAfrica account though. Only problem is that with RouteSentry enabled, all out-going e-mail wants to go through the local IS account, and the above error comes up.

Is there anyway to route all smtp traffic through the WebAfrica account? I would still like to keep incoming POP traffic to be routed through the IS Local account if possible.
    You'll need to edit the localroutes.dat file (in the routesentry folder) to remove the following line:
    This does mean that any IP address in the range 196.209.0.0-196.209.255.255 will be routed internationally, which probably includes a little too much of IS . You could of course add new entries to this file for finer control of which IP address go local. You can use my masktool.exe utility to convert an IP range to IP,Mask format as used by RouteSentry.
    Visit antibody-software.com for free software to check your ADSL usage, split local/international traffic between 2 ISP accounts, free proxy server and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, taking out that IP range would indeed route a lot of local traffic over the international account. I will do that as a last resort. Maybe I can install and run a local SMTP tool, which will be able to send e-mail directly, unless someone else has a suggestion of how to fix the mail relay error???

Another problem I came across last night, is that RouteSentry runs smoothly on both the PC and the laptop independently, but when R/S connects on both computers, then one of them stops working, ie: no throughput. I checked, and IS allows 2 concurrent connections, and WebAfrica allows 4 connections (although I am not sure about pre-paid, anyone know for sure?).

I created 2 end-points on each PC, as per the RASPPoE instructions. Do I maybe need to create 4 end-points on each computer? Please help, it works so well, that I would hate to un-install everything, but I do need to have it working on both computers simultaneously.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, taking out that IP range would indeed route a lot of local traffic over the international account. I will do that as a last resort. Maybe I can install and run a local SMTP tool, which will be able to send e-mail directly, unless someone else has a suggestion of how to fix the mail relay error???

Another problem I came across last night, is that RouteSentry runs smoothly on both the PC and the laptop independently, but when R/S connects on both computers, then one of them stops working, ie: no throughput. I checked, and IS allows 2 concurrent connections, and WebAfrica allows 4 connections (although I am not sure about pre-paid, anyone know for sure?).

I created 2 end-points on each PC, as per the RASPPoE instructions. Do I maybe need to create 4 end-points on each computer? Please help, it works so well, that I would hate to un-install everything, but I do need to have it working on both computers simultaneously.
    I have an openweb IS and a webafrica prepaid and I can connect fine on both of my PCs at once. Maybe you have one of these clever routers that can work in router and bridge mode at the same time and it's also establishing a connection?

I think I gave you the wrong info regarding the mail problem. If I understand correctly you're trying to send mail via the WA mail server but because it's going through IS it's being rejected? If that's the case then you can solve this problem by excluding the IP address of the outgoing server from the localroutes.dat file, thus forcing all traffic to the mail server through the WA account. If you battle with this let me know the IP address of the mail server and I'll try to help you with the correct localroute settings.
    Visit antibody-software.com for free software to check your ADSL usage, split local/international traffic between 2 ISP accounts, free proxy server and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the advice ant1b0dy, just a couple quick questions...

1. I have a separate router & modem (Linksys), the modem is set in 'Bridged' mode, and the router is set in 'Router' mode. What I did though, is plug the modem into one of the LAN ports, instead of the WAN port on the router. This allows the PC's to 'see' the modem, and connect to it. Since the modem is not connected to the WAN port, the router cannot establish a connection. Any other ideas? Could the setup be the problem?

2. How many end-points did you setup in RASPPoE on each PC?

3. The e-mail addresses are actually old IDWS (Altonet) accounts, from my days with ISDN, but I have never had any problems sending e-mail through the accounts with either WebAfrica of Telkom ADSL accounts, only recently with the OpenWeb IS account. I will try and figure out what the IP is for their SMTP server, and then maybe I will call on your expertise to help me with the routes.

Thanks again for the gr8 program and help.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the advice ant1b0dy, just a couple quick questions...

1. I have a separate router & modem (Linksys), the modem is set in 'Bridged' mode, and the router is set in 'Router' mode. What I did though, is plug the modem into one of the LAN ports, instead of the WAN port on the router. This allows the PC's to 'see' the modem, and connect to it. Since the modem is not connected to the WAN port, the router cannot establish a connection. Any other ideas? Could the setup be the problem?

2. How many end-points did you setup in RASPPoE on each PC?

3. The e-mail addresses are actually old IDWS (Altonet) accounts, from my days with ISDN, but I have never had any problems sending e-mail through the accounts with either WebAfrica of Telkom ADSL accounts, only recently with the OpenWeb IS account. I will try and figure out what the IP is for their SMTP server, and then maybe I will call on your expertise to help me with the routes.

Thanks again for the gr8 program and help.
    1. no idea, maybe somebody else has experience with your type of setup and can help?
    2. 2 on each PC
    3. m'kay

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

working 100% needed to set my wan endpoints, great program!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ant1b0dy for making this available! It works perfectly on the PC connected to the router, however, I am battling to get the 2nd PC (connected wirelessly - peer to peer) up and running.

I can't select the router (although it is shared) from the RASPPPOE list when creating a new dial-up account on the 2nd PC.

Also, does one perhaps get a router with this sort of functionality built-in?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WDYE View Post
    Thanks ant1b0dy for making this available! It works perfectly on the PC connected to the router, however, I am battling to get the 2nd PC (connected wirelessly - peer to peer) up and running.

I can't select the router (although it is shared) from the RASPPPOE list when creating a new dial-up account on the 2nd PC.

Also, does one perhaps get a router with this sort of functionality built-in?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks
    You might need to disconnect the first PC before it'll work. I presume the router is connected to a hub/switch?

I'm sure you get routers that allow this sort of setup - maybe you should contact the support departments of a few router suppliers and ask them. Otherwise maybe someone on the forums can help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply!

The router is connected directly to PC1. At the moment, PC2 connects through PC1 using a wireless connection (no hub/switch). Could this be the problem? Is it best to connect the router to a hub?
    Last edited by explorian; 27-08-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WDYE View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

The router is connected directly to PC1. At the moment, PC2 connects through PC1 using a wireless connection (no hub/switch). Could this be the problem? Is it best to connect the router to a hub?
    that's the problem... connect it to the hub instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ant1b0dy View Post
    that's the problem... connect it to the hub instead.
    Thanks ant1b0dy - I don’t have a hub, will upgrading my ADSL modem to Belkin’s 802.11g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Router solve this, or do I need an additional hub? (We are using Belkin Wireless Network Cards, and I understand the router in question can be run in bridged mode)

Sorry for all the questions! Not to clued up on all this…

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump

Thanks for making this app available. Installed and gave it a whirl today. I can now play BF2 on my local account once capped.

Seriously this is awesome news, thanks again so much for this app.

You rock!
    La révolution dévore ses enfants

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need something different. Knowing now that even if you browse locally, it uses your international gigs first and only once that is history it will use your local gigs, how can I prevent my users from surfing locally while we still have international gigs available? I have 5 gig international and 27 gigs local. I basically want to block local sites till the 5 gigs are history and then open the 27 gigs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast