Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: RouteSentry: Manage 2 ADSL account connections on 1 pc, 1 line, 1 modem (local/intnl)

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure but why not get a 30gig local only account(I think it's R139) and then anouther 3-5gig interntional account that way you can have local and international for the whole month, that is the actualy point of this programe.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already have the 5 gig int/27 gig local through eject. I just want to utilise it better.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello AntiBody.

I am a windows user, but am using IP-COP as my firewall, so a noob from a linux point of view.
    However, IP Copy setup was easy, once you know how.

Are you considering a version of this that can be loaded on IP Cop.
    IP Cops Supports multiple PPPOE "Profiles"

effectively, I am looking for a way to determine which "Profile" to use based upon the IP network address and mask.

Obviously, the ADSL modem is in bridged mode already

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Hello AntiBody.
    Are you considering a version of this that can be loaded on IP Cop.
    IP Cops Supports multiple PPPOE "Profiles"
    No
    I would imagine it's possible to configure IPCop to do exactly what RouteSentry does. Unfortunately I know nothing about it - maybe someone else on the forum can help you with the setup.
    Visit antibody-software.com for free software to check your ADSL usage, split local/international traffic between 2 ISP accounts, free proxy server and more.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coooool

Antibody, you ROCK!!! I was looking for something like this. I used to do this with my Gentoo Linux box, but this will be very useless for those windows boxes Once question, will this work on Windows Vista, as i downloaded the final release and will upgrade tonight. I guess your program will work, it's probably the PPPoE Protocol that needs WinVista support

Thnx for this GREAT app

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one question:

i've read that the Telkom ADSL modem can operate in both Bridge & Route mode at the same time, if i understand this correctly, this means that you connect with one account in your router, and then you can also create PPPoE Dialup Connections on your computer? This sounds sweet... I have a New Telkom Router, the Black onces, i think its Billion, im at work so i cant check it, its the one that was Wireless Capabilities. In what mode should my router be if i want it to run in Bridge & Router mode... Thnx guys!!!

Please note that this question is not related to RouteSentry, i got that working already, im just currios about using your router in both Bridge/Router mode at the same time... Thnx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried installing it on vista. got a BSOD & restart when installing raspppoe 0.98b...

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question... how do I manage to actually remove the routes that are put in place when I don't need them anymore? Uninstalling the program doesn't seem to do it so now when I connect with my WA account I can't access some int. sites because it's still expecting me to be using two conns.

Any suggestions?

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AntiThesis View Post
    Here's a question... how do I manage to actually remove the routes that are put in place when I don't need them anymore? Uninstalling the program doesn't seem to do it so now when I connect with my WA account I can't access some int. sites because it's still expecting me to be using two conns.

Any suggestions?
    The routes should disappear as soon as you disconnect the pppoe dial-up connections. If you only have one pppoe connection active all traffic will flow through it regardless of whether routesentry is active or not so the problem you describe with some international sites is not at all to do with routesentry.

Uninstall Routesentry and reboot your PC if you still have problems.
    Visit antibody-software.com for free software to check your ADSL usage, split local/international traffic between 2 ISP accounts, free proxy server and more.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ta

Will fix-er-up Nice program ^_^

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Antibody,

If I load RouteSentry onto my pc and configure the 2 accounts on it, how will my wife connect to the internet on her pc...baring in mind that mine doesn't run all the time?

Thanks

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Install RouteSentry on both computer's and let them run independently.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just installed routesentry on my mate's pc and finally got round to installing it on my own( been too laxy till now i guess) And, well, it rocks!

10 points to Ant1b0dy
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a question though. Perhaps a stupid one, but it's early so bear with me...

Since installing routesentry, whenever my connection is idling, ie no programs open at all that could be consuming bandwidth, somehow data is still being sent and received. Not a lot. About 1k/sec on average, but my connection never really actually idles... I don't get it. Any ideas??
    Link to me on Samsung Rewards and earn a starting bonus. http://s-rewards.co.za/linkme.html?id=F341208769
    My BTC address:15fvnAGPvomWM9dkJ7DMcVEtae3NwVMXvD

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hj2k_x View Post
    I got a question though. Perhaps a stupid one, but it's early so bear with me...

Since installing routesentry, whenever my connection is idling, ie no programs open at all that could be consuming bandwidth, somehow data is still being sent and received. Not a lot. About 1k/sec on average, but my connection never really actually idles... I don't get it. Any ideas??
    Make sure your connections are firewalled. Also scan for spyware/trojans etc asap. Remember that with pppoe connections your PC is directly connected to the net (your router won't act as a firewall) so use protection!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast