Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best WIMAX broadband

Default Best WIMAX broadband

Hi Everyone

Ive been with ADSL; it worked great untill telkom came into the picture and screwed everything up Now I'm looking for alternatives , I'm new to the WIMAX areana , and would like to know what services would you guys recommend.

Im Looking for an unlimited service for the home that must at least have a download speed of 4 mbps.
    I guess WiMAX is also a technology that requires LOS like with 802.11

Thanks all

Who were you planning to get your WiMAX service from?

Telkom aren't offering it to new customers anymore. Neotel and Vodacom only provide WiMAX as a business solution (at a business price). I am not aware of anyone else who provides WiMAX (legally that is )

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

there is one called easyweb but again cover is an issue, had telkom wimax been trying to cancelled it for few months now, got telkom adsl.
    Telkom: "Resistance is futile, your money is ours!"

I believe that Neotel will be launching Consumer Wimax soon.

thanks all Im in Centurion, Gauteng and I was thinking of the 5mbps offering from neotel for R2229 pm , do you guys perhaps know if the quality of the 5mbps offering is worth the cost ?

Blog Entries

Consumer Wimax? Not heard such blatant cussing in a long while!

I think Screamer still offers WiMax in Centurion, although rumour has it that they are concentrating on the Corproate market now but it might be worthwhile giving them a call.

It's sad that Telkom has moved away from Wimax...I'm one of the lucky ones that got telkom wimax just before they stopped it.. and I'm quite happy...yeah its 512k... and I have mweb uncapped 512k account and I have done up to 140gb in a month before.. at a very constant 60Kb/s, latencies are awesome as well... online gaming is a breeze with local pings constantly hovering around 40-50ms

R240 pm for Telkom Wimax @ 512k (wish they could up it to atleast 1mb tho)
    R299 pm for M-web.

So yeah I pay about R540 pm and I can do the same as a 512k ADSL line... in fact I hardly notice a difference except adsl's latency is superior to Wimax (15ms or so)

Hope u come right tho..

Hi guys, anyone decent still offering wimax? I cannot get adsl in my complex so this would be ideal. I am in Port Elizabeth

+ Reply to Thread