Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Telkom Mobile new iPad users instructions - even if you have a microSIM with us

Happily using my Cell C sim in my iPad now, my 8ta SIM still doesn't work and I still haven't had any replacements from Gateway. Whenever I call they keep telling me they don't have stock.

This morning I went to the 8ta support site and had a live chat with Gugulethu Nelani, as expected they can only give me phone numbers for Gateway and can't actually check stock either.

For anyone reading this, stay the hell away from 8ta. Their support is terrible, and once they have your cash they just don't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Cell C has their Giga 200 package, and I've never had to wait to get sims from them. I've been praising 8ta since I signed up in July, but it seems you guys are slipping.
    BTW, you can get the Giga200 with a microsim from Makro for R1599 at present !

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    Happily using my Cell C sim in my iPad now, my 8ta SIM still doesn't work and I still haven't had any replacements from Gateway. Whenever I call they keep telling me they don't have stock.

This morning I went to the 8ta support site and had a live chat with Gugulethu Nelani, as expected they can only give me phone numbers for Gateway and can't actually check stock either.

For anyone reading this, stay the hell away from 8ta. Their support is terrible, and once they have your cash they just don't care anymore.
    Hi whatwhat

Please PM us your contact details and SIM ICCID (20 digit number that starts with 89270).
    We have just confirmed with the Gateway TDS Store Manager that they do have stock of Micro SIMs.
    Thank you
    8ta

Bit of thread necromancy here but I'm typing this on my iPad mini, iOS 6.0.1 with a full size 8ta sim that have I just now cut to nano proportions.
    Fit perfectly after a second pass to shave off a smidgen of one side.
    Some blogs have reported that the sim needs to be sanded a little thinner but my the 8ta sim fits fine once it's cut to the right size.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi whatwhat

Please PM us your contact details and SIM ICCID (20 digit number that starts with 89270).
    We have just confirmed with the Gateway TDS Store Manager that they do have stock of Micro SIMs.
    Thank you
    8ta
    Dear 8ta

My Ipad 4 arrived today. I curretnly have a 10GB contract with 8ta. However the sim does not fit in the ipad. I live over 100km away from an istore and telkom direct. I could drive there only this weekend, but is there anyway to arrange for a micro sim delivery to my house?

Quote Originally Posted by gregf84 View Post
    Dear 8ta

My Ipad 4 arrived today. I curretnly have a 10GB contract with 8ta. However the sim does not fit in the ipad. I live over 100km away from an istore and telkom direct. I could drive there only this weekend, but is there anyway to arrange for a micro sim delivery to my house?
    Hi gregf84

Unfortunately, you will need to go to a store.

Thank you
    8ta

Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi gregf84

Unfortunately, you will need to go to a store.

Thank you
    8ta
    You know what? I've been appalled by 8tas service delivery from the day I became a subscriber. I had to wait over a month since subscribing for the Internet package for delivery of the SIM card, and whats more i had to battle to find a modem because your tellkom direct store I went to did not even have in stock, after traveling all that way and waiting in the que!!not to mention I keep getting disconnected even though I had a signal booster installed and that I live within 2 miles of a mtn tower!I get the distinct impression you guys don't care much once you've roped your customer in. I'd rather cancel my deal and look at another service provider I'm sick and tired of dealing with you guys

Quote Originally Posted by gregf84 View Post
    You know what? I've been appalled by 8tas service delivery from the day I became a subscriber. I had to wait over a month since subscribing for the Internet package for delivery of the SIM card, and whats more i had to battle to find a modem because your tellkom direct store I went to did not even have in stock, after traveling all that way and waiting in the que!!not to mention I keep getting disconnected even though I had a signal booster installed and that I live within 2 miles of a mtn tower!I get the distinct impression you guys don't care much once you've roped your customer in. I'd rather cancel my deal and look at another service provider I'm sick and tired of dealing with you guys
    Hi gregf84

We did PM you.
    Please provide the additional info for the disconnection issue.

Thank you
    8ta

Hi gregf84

Thank you for your PM.

Glad to hear it is working again.

Enjoy
    8ta

Post No service on Ipad 3

I have an ipad3 got a new sim from 8Ta but give me a no service sign. i did a sim swap and still the same. spoke to a few call centre agents but still no help. What could be the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Deezgp View Post
    I have an ipad3 got a new sim from 8Ta but give me a no service sign. i did a sim swap and still the same. spoke to a few call centre agents but still no help. What could be the problem
    Hi Deezgp

Please email your name, 8ta number, alternative contact number and the ICCID (normally starts with 89270) to [email protected]

Thank you
    Telkom Mobile Social Media Team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567