You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566

Thread: Introduction to Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    Please note - not in an adequate or correct fashion.
    You are guilty of spamming this thread.
    “Its strange how some people ignore the logic just because they believe what they like to believe and ignore the truth.”

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    Sorry, but your link is a bit corrupted?

Having said that, nothing you are showing is disproving that wayfarer did not answer my questions?

And this latest defence, that no answer is "not good enough", is just a deflection.

"What I want"? What I want is for people to just answer questions truthfully.
    So you ask a question and we answer and we not answering truthfully?

And exactly how can you tell that me or Wayfairer or any of us of are not answering a question about our religion truthfully ?

All i see is if you don't like an answer then you think it's not the truth not good enough and not what you want?
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

I don't know if this has been posted before but here is a short history of Islam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXJ-Q9gSeRU

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsie View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted before but here is a short history of Islam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXJ-Q9gSeRU
    A short history from Family Research Council a Christian group , seems legit.
    I would love to hear their history of homosexuality as well
    Last edited by isie; 17-12-2016 at 11:30 PM.
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    All i see is if you don't like an answer then you think it's not the truth not good enough and not what you want?
    Ironically, that's exactly what would happen should God show himself to the masses. To some it would simply not be enough proof and has been beautifully illustrated in this thread.
    [CHKNHD] Precognition with lag
    "A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man will follow public opinion"

Elaborate on taxes? Asking cause my folks were in Saudi for 10 years and never had to pay taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by crackersa View Post
    Elaborate on taxes? Asking cause my folks were in Saudi for 10 years and never had to pay taxes.
    Every time you fill your car with petrol, you are paying Saudi taxes....
    Advertorial Click-Bait Interferer

Quote Originally Posted by MightyQuin View Post
    Shhhh with your logic

Quote Originally Posted by MightyQuin View Post
    but the petrol is dirt cheap over there.

Why may Muslims not say a voluntary prayer during specific times in the day (excluding the mandatory praying times). I believe you may not voluntary pray from early sunrise, just after the afternoon and late sunset. or something like that. What gives?

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Okty View Post
    Why may Muslims not say a voluntary prayer during specific times in the day (excluding the mandatory praying times). I believe you may not voluntary pray from early sunrise, just after the afternoon and late sunset. or something like that. What gives?
    One can pray any time of the day or night outside of the mandatory 5 times. In fact it is encouraged.

I think maybe you have misunderstood the rule regarding praying just as the sun rises and as the sun sets.

Al-Bukhaari (548) and Muslim (1371) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the top edge of the sun has risen, then delay praying until it has risen above the horizon, and when the lower part of the sun has set, delay praying until it is fully set.”

Muslim (1373) narrated that ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir al-Juhani said: “There are three times at which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to pray or to bury our dead: when the sun has clearly started to rise until it is fully risen, when it is directly overhead at midday until it has passed its zenith, and when the sun starts to set until it has fully set.”

Also note that prayer can take any shape or form whether it be in the formal acts of Salah (prostration) or a verbal prayer.

My understanding is that the reason for not praying during those times is due to many people praying to the Sun god during those times pre modern era. To avoid the misunderstanding that Islam is anything other than the worship of God alone, those times are prohibited as per the Hadith mentioned above. There is a we'll known myth that Islam is the worship of the renamed Sun/Moon god.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury05 View Post
    One can pray any time of the day or night outside of the mandatory 5 times. In fact it is encouraged.

I think maybe you have misunderstood the rule regarding praying just as the sun rises and as the sun sets.

Al-Bukhaari (548) and Muslim (1371) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When the top edge of the sun has risen, then delay praying until it has risen above the horizon, and when the lower part of the sun has set, delay praying until it is fully set.”

Muslim (1373) narrated that ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir al-Juhani said: “There are three times at which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to pray or to bury our dead: when the sun has clearly started to rise until it is fully risen, when it is directly overhead at midday until it has passed its zenith, and when the sun starts to set until it has fully set.”

Also note that prayer can take any shape or form whether it be in the formal acts of Salah (prostration) or a verbal prayer.

My understanding is that the reason for not praying during those times is due to many people praying to the Sun god during those times pre modern era. To avoid the misunderstanding that Islam is anything other than the worship of God alone, those times are prohibited as per the Hadith mentioned above. There is a we'll known myth that Islam is the worship of the renamed Sun/Moon god.
    Ah, ok!

Thank you for the info and the interpretation, also makes sense to me.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Okty View Post
    Ah, ok!

Thank you for the info and the interpretation, also makes sense to me.
    Pleasure

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16566263646566