Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is Neotel still in business?

Default How is Neotel still in business?

I've never dealt with such an inefficient organisation. A call to their support centre today revealed that they have no idea what a Mac is, or what OS X is, they cannot assist with BASIC installation settings not available on their outdated website, that you have to visit physical branches in order to get software updates (no updated download links are available), they do not support the latest operating systems, they are quite willing to hang up on customers mid-sentence when they don't have the answers, they will happily make promises to call you back and never do, and, most impressively for a telecommunications company, they are "unable to transfer calls" to other individuals in the call centre who might be able to assist. Both the customer care centre (who promised to call me back immediately, over an hour ago) and the "support" centre are woefully inadequate. And aside from this all, their outdated and backwards products are actually quite hilarious - I've yet to receive speeds of more than 1mb/s download and 0.10mb/s upload over the last two years. Please, you might have read it elsewhere, but don't even bother with Neotel, whatever the product offered or promise made.

Stop bitching and just cancel your service. Bottom line is, you vote with your wallet. If all their residential and small business clients cancelled, they'll start investigating as to why this is and get to the root cause.

never knew they where this bad...

Quote Originally Posted by redmeansno View Post
    I've never dealt with such an inefficient organisation. A call to their support centre today revealed that they have no idea what a Mac is, or what OS X is, they cannot assist with BASIC installation settings not available on their outdated website, that you have to visit physical branches in order to get software updates (no updated download links are available), they do not support the latest operating systems, they are quite willing to hang up on customers mid-sentence when they don't have the answers, they will happily make promises to call you back and never do, and, most impressively for a telecommunications company, they are "unable to transfer calls" to other individuals in the call centre who might be able to assist. Both the customer care centre (who promised to call me back immediately, over an hour ago) and the "support" centre are woefully inadequate. And aside from this all, their outdated and backwards products are actually quite hilarious - I've yet to receive speeds of more than 1mb/s download and 0.10mb/s upload over the last two years. Please, you might have read it elsewhere, but don't even bother with Neotel, whatever the product offered or promise made.

Blog Entries

We've known it for years. I always warn people who plan to use Neotel that they're in for a shock, and encourage people who use them to cancel (which is a nightmare on its own) before the sh*t hits the fan, and laugh & mock at those who use them currently and stand by them.

It appears that Neotel are not interested in SOHO business, their target is corporate.
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

All companies I worked with in Cape Town are extremely satisfied with their Neotel services, only minor problems with VPS connectivity and VPN’s which is definitely on the side of Neotel. A few WISPS I know is utilising their 8mbit/s upload/download and upscale solutions with no hiccups, although certain (mostly unlicensed) WISPS are abusing these products extremely.

Quote Originally Posted by redmeansno View Post
    not available on their outdated website
    They still have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by PSN View Post
    never knew they where this bad...
    Haha...in all honesty...I much prefer dealing with Telkom than Neotel.....(yes...it is that bad).

Saddens me that Neotel is a communication company...communicating with customers and potential customers never happen..but talk money and they are all ears....until you sign up...
    (⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz 1155 | 8 GB DDR3 | Asus Nvidia GTX 560 | 160GB Intel SSD | 1TB HDD Storage | 20 Mbps Fiber

What happened to their WISP partnership for last mile access?

That is what you get for using a mac!
    I use their fibre service and im happy with it, if you want a residential connection then get adsl.
    A computer programmer is someone who, when told to "Go to Hell", sees
    the "Go to", rather than the destination, as harmful."

Yep
    After 4 years with Neotel, going back to the dreaded Telkom ADSL with probably cybersmart or Imaginet as isp. Neotel didn't have win 8 drivers for my Neotel prime unlimited and suggested I go somewhere else to get the uncapped unlimited internet that they used to offer, so I spent the weekend re routing my residential ADSL line to my office, reconfigured the network, so in the morning can tell Neotel where to shove there crappy slow speeded modem bollox.
    Hooray.
    JAYCE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boomBOYjayce View Post
    After 4 years with Neotel, going back to the dreaded Telkom ADSL with probably cybersmart or Imaginet as isp.
    The only thing worse than Neotel is Cybersmart. Rather try one of the mainstream providers like WebAfrica, MWEB, Afrihost or Axxess. You will regret using Cybersmart. Just a friendly warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Saajid View Post
    The only thing worse than Neotel is Cybersmart. Rather try one of the mainstream providers like WebAfrica, MWEB, Afrihost or Axxess. You will regret using Cybersmart. Just a friendly warning.
    I have been trying to cancel my uncapped cybersmart adsl for months... can't use it anymore(user/password does not work) but they are still billing me for it every month. I can log in to the portal with same username and password and it still shows I have 300GB left every month....

Know what the scary thing is? Neotel might be more relevant than Telkom one of these days.....

My firm, which has 12 incoming lines and 15 private lines changed to Neotel in Feb 2011. Their billing was always incorrect, they would cut off lines without warning and then get MacRoberts (a real joke of a firm of attorneys in Pretoria) to send a threatening email without the recourse to reply (highly illegal). We put up with them for 8 months and went back to Telkom. At that point, Telkom offered a substantial discount and free installation so we end up paying less for Telkom than prior Feb 2011. The average phone bill with Telkom was about R42000, with Neotel it varied between R28000 and R101000 but in the last 6 months the phone bill has been around R40000. Despite being disconnected from Neotel since November 2011, they still post statements via email and via snail mail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast