Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: How to watch Netflix and Hulu in SA, This works without using proxy or VPN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jun_tao View Post
    You with smartdnsproxy? Have you checked that your IP is updated on your profile page? If it is, log a support ticket. They are very helpful.
    Had the exact same problem with my apple TV. logged a ticket to which they told me only works on PC/MAC at the moment. They're working on a fix (this sounded like an excuse so as for me to signup), to which I asked them how long it would take.

They couldn't give me timeframe so I take it this service is a dud for US Netflix on Apple TV

Master
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by touch_stone View Post
    Had the exact same problem with my apple TV. logged a ticket to which they told me only works on PC/MAC at the moment. They're working on a fix (this sounded like an excuse so as for me to signup), to which I asked them how long it would take.

They couldn't give me timeframe so I take it this service is a dud for US Netflix on Apple TV
    Very strange, was using US netflix on my ATV last night, watching Supernatural.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone still using Getflix? I'm having trouble with Netflix on my LG WebOS Smart TV. It worked on some days but now it's just horrible. I added static routes and I'm using the Jhb and Brazil DNS servers.

After a while of having used their service, I must say their L2 support isn't as speedy as I'd have hoped it to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by govern8r View Post
    Anyone still using Getflix? I'm having trouble with Netflix on my LG WebOS Smart TV. It worked on some days but now it's just horrible. I added static routes and I'm using the Jhb and Brazil DNS servers.

After a while of having used their service, I must say their L2 support isn't as speedy as I'd have hoped it to be.
    I dropped them ages ago, switched to smartdnsproxy, havenít had any issues.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Innes View Post
    I dropped them ages ago, switched to smartdnsproxy, havenít had any issues.
    Also started using this this week. So far so good. Working for Netflix and Hulu.
    Vumatel Aerial 100/100 using Rocketnet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by govern8r View Post

You only need the two 8.8. addresses blocked.

Not sure why you're using Brazil. Try one closer to the source. I use US East.

TBH though if their support wasn't so good I'd probably try a different service but these guys are always quick to respond (via email).
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape canít fix stupidÖ but it can muffle the sound

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    You only need the two 8.8. addresses blocked.

Not sure why you're using Brazil. Try one closer to the source. I use US East.

TBH though if their support wasn't so good I'd probably try a different service but these guys are always quick to respond (via email).
    I have a question about the 8.8 addresses. Since they are run by the big G and use geolocation to direct you to the closest DNS server, etc if I set them as my only DNS servers for a VPN tunnel connecting to the UK, would these streaming services still work? The thinking I have is that a client inside the tunnel makes a request to 8.8 , G.dns sees the address is from the UK, which means all records returned would be for the UK based CDN servers of Netflix,.et Al, which means I would see those catalogs and not the SA one?

Or do the netflix, iPlayer apps have dedicated hardcoded DNS servers of their own written inside the app?

Thx

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I missing something here ? Bought laptop. Opened Netflix. Typed email and pw. Watched movies. What is all this other stuff you talk about ?

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunkyd View Post
    Am I missing something here ? Bought laptop. Opened Netflix. Typed email and pw. Watched movies. What is all this other stuff you talk about ?
    The catalogs of movies and TV shows that you can see on the US and UK versions of netflix are far bigger than what we see in SA , not due to the fault of Netflix, but more to entrenched players like monochoice who signed up distribution deals a long time ago which means it needs to be seen on DSTV first.

Example. House of cards is a 'netflix' sponsored show, but in SA you can't see the latest seasons because monochoice somehow has the rights. - if you use another netflix region - you can.

Having been a Netflix user since they started up in the UK, I want my UK catalog even though I live in SA now.

Cool thing about netflix. Your account works globally so if you were in the US and opened the app you could view anything they show in the US, but be sure you finish watching it there. If you come back to SA and the movie is not in our catalog here, you won't be able finish it, until you go back to the US 😉

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now more confused. Our account is in UK and we watch on 3 continents on 5 laptops.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InternetLuddite View Post
    I have a question about the 8.8 addresses. Since they are run by the big G and use geolocation to direct you to the closest DNS server, etc if I set them as my only DNS servers for a VPN tunnel connecting to the UK, would these streaming services still work? The thinking I have is that a client inside the tunnel makes a request to 8.8 , G.dns sees the address is from the UK, which means all records returned would be for the UK based CDN servers of Netflix,.et Al, which means I would see those catalogs and not the SA one?

Or do the netflix, iPlayer apps have dedicated hardcoded DNS servers of their own written inside the app?

Thx
    My suggesting that he blocks the 8.8. addresses is for people using a dns service, vpn services do not require the block. If you're using a vpn all of your traffic is going to appear to originate from that country anyway.

Many/most/all of the apps have google's dns addresses hardcoded into them.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkyd View Post
    Now more confused. Our account is in UK and we watch on 3 continents on 5 laptops.
    Catalogues differ from country to country and it's based on physical location, not where the account is.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape canít fix stupidÖ but it can muffle the sound

THE MOTHER OF ALL CITIES - FAWF (airfield)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys just need some help on behalf of a friend

I don't have netflix, but a friend of mine has it on her win10 DEL i3 laptop and is not working - it used to apparently, so I'm assuming that some recent win10 update has screwed it up?

I had a look at it for her and it seems to be the windows firewall blocking netflix. works if FW is disabled

I checked the firewall and netflix is in the list but still won't work if the FW is active.

as I'm not that clued up with IT, so is there something I can do to get it working for her?

it works on her cell phone perfectly

thanks again

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415