Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 115

Thread: Blood Type Diet

  1. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    906
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Blood Type Diet

    _
    Last edited by Eyenstyn; 20-01-2013 at 09:10 AM.

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.ehow.com/way_5432228_eati...ypes-diet.html

    Evolution has given us different blood as far as i am aware due to our diet we have had to change to process our diet. So in theory if that is indeed the case then it could work and make sense. So If humans were only eating meat at one stage they would not have been able to process wheat, gluten etc without evolution taking over and thus the different blood groups evolved so we could process all this stuff. Does that mean blood type A evolved and can process everything blood type O can?

    Hard to say but i think unless you give a shot you will never know. Look at the diets, some people swear by certain diets while other say it doesn't work. Does that mean all diets are rubbish and we should all just eat whatever we want?

    People with blood type A have fragile digestive systems and are usually lactose intolerant. They generally should avoid dairy products and animal protein, opting for legumes, whole grains, fruits and vegetables. People with type A, of all blood types, would benefit the most from being a vegetarian. This is because their stomachs don't produce enough hydrochloric acid and, therefore, they don't digest animal protein well. Foods that help the type A group lose weight are: vegetable oils, soy foods, vegetables, spirulina and pineapple.
    Now tell me blood type A not producing enough acid to digest certain things is that as myth or fact porch? Is it common among all blood type A or only 1%
    Last edited by killadoob; 31-12-2012 at 01:31 PM.

  3. #33
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    60,925
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    Having read back through Haptic and Alan's back and forth I must say anecdotal evidence is not something that carries much weight. Alan if that is all you have to base your opinion on then you are being pretty reckless.
    must have missed my previous post where I stated that was not the case

    While there might very well be some new approaches to medical conditions that can be beneficial homoeopathy is not one of them. I would never recommend a homoeopath to someone who was suffering. Even if the medical world didn't have an answer. Homoeopathy has been proven time and time again to be utter horseschit. I wouldn't recommend one because I wouldn't want my friend to go and waste money on false hope. I'd rather they spend the remaining time they have with loved ones.
    Well again I said there are people who have been helped by homeopaths. That's not to say they received homeopathic remedies.

    It just seems daft to me to accept a prescribed fate based solely on mainstream science at the time especially if you know of others who have been cured by alternative methods. Where's the harm in trying.

    X received alternative treatment and was cured but because at this time there is no mainstream scientific 'proof' of the treatment working I'll just curl up and expire all in the name of science


    I also see no reason why this blood type diet would work. I've never seen evidence to suggest that your blood type reflects your dietary requirements.
    Neither do I but if I can across somebody who successfully used it then I'd be open to trying it.
    Last edited by Alan; 31-12-2012 at 01:37 PM.

  4. #34
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Another good site guys, looks kuk but very interesting none the less.

    http://facstaff.uwa.edu/jmccall/evol..._the_human.htm

    His book has been a best seller for 14 years, since it was released.

    The atkins diet for instance has it's place for some but for others it is a cock up. Yet people try it because we are in a situation where we have most food items around the corner so each person would need to figure out what works for them and what doesn't.
    Last edited by killadoob; 31-12-2012 at 01:44 PM.

  5. #35
    Super Grandmaster HapticSimian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    15,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    X received alternative treatment and was cured but because at this time there is no mainstream scientific 'proof' of the treatment working I'll just curl up and expire all in the name of science
    To again stress a previously stated point: there's a substantial difference between something being unproven to work, and something being proven to not work.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

  6. #36
    Super Grandmaster porchrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    /\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
    Posts
    29,574
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    must have missed my previous post where I stated that was not the case
    Sure some unnamed academic mentioned in passing that they had some support for what they were saying but that doesn't mean what they claim exists as support actually exists. Until some evidence is produced for all I know you are sucking all of this out of your ass.


    Well again I said there are people who have been helped by homeopaths. That's not to say they received homeopathic remedies.

    It just seems daft to me to accept a prescribed fate based solely on mainstream science at the time especially if you know of others who have been cured by alternative methods. Where's the harm in trying.
    You end up wasting what time and money you do have left chasing unicorn farts.

    I don't have a problem with, when the established treatments have failed, trying out some treatment that is still in the research stages and has some sort of scientific basis but that doesn't mean we run off and start using utter crap like pyramid power to try to cure our cancer.


    X received alternative treatment and was cured but because at this time there is no mainstream scientific 'proof' of the treatment working I'll just curl up and expire all in the name of science
    In the case of homoeopathy you are trying an alternative treatment that has already been demonstrated to be utter pigswill.


    Neither do I but if I can across somebody who successfully used it then I'd be open to trying it.
    That is foolish. That person's success could just as easily be coincidence for all you know. Only a large scale study involving a sample size large enough to make inferences onto a population can determine efficacy of some treatment with any reasonable level of accuracy.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

  7. #37
    Super Grandmaster porchrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    /\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
    Posts
    29,574
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    http://www.ehow.com/way_5432228_eati...ypes-diet.html

    Evolution has given us different blood as far as i am aware due to our diet we have had to change to process our diet. So in theory if that is indeed the case then it could work and make sense.
    This is a gross oversimplification of the situation. Think of your blood more as oil for an engine. In terms of diagnostics tests it serves as an indicator of the general state of your body. We can tell so much about what is wrong with you from some blood tests.

    However little to none of that is accurately reflected in your blood type. Perhaps grab a physiology text book or get some lecture slides on haematology to learn more about what it actually means when someone says you have blood type X with a rhesus factor of Y.


    So If humans were only eating meat at one stage they would not have been able to process wheat, gluten etc without evolution taking over and thus the different blood groups evolved so we could process all this stuff. Does that mean blood type A evolved and can process everything blood type O can?
    It wouldn't be a case of evolution having to rapidlyoccur in order to bring about some sort of plant matter digestion function quickly before everyone died when there was no meat. Evolution doesn't usually work that way. If we were eating mostly meat (we are omnivores and have been for a very very long time BTW) the genes that allow us to break down plant matter would most likely already have been present but because our diet consisted of meat those genes would have offered no advantage. Then when meat became scarce those who had the ability to digest plant matterwould survive and those who didn't would die off.

    A similar thing actually happened relatively recently in our evolutionary history in China with rice. A whole whack of humans who were incapable of properly digesting rice died off when it became their staple food so that now there are virtually no people in China who cannot digest rice.

    This however has nothing to do with bloodtypes. Especially today considering you get blood types spread all over the planet interbreeding.


    Hard to say but i think unless you give a shot you will never know.
    Pretty easy to say it is garbage from my perspective. I just said it above. Do you have any knowledge of physiology or haematology at all? How can you say that it is hard to say if you are ignorant of the subject?!?


    Look at the diets, some people swear by certain diets while other say it doesn't work. Does that mean all diets are rubbish and we should all just eat whatever we want?
    That there are some other criteria that are perfectly viable determinates for what foods you should and shouldn't be eating is entirely irrelevant to whether or not bloodtypes are a viable determinate.


    Now tell me blood type A not producing enough acid to digest certain things is that as myth or fact porch? Is it common among all blood type A or only 1%
    I've never seen any research to that effect so whether it is a myth or not I can't say. You would need to supply studies demonstrating that in order to push it as a fact.

    Considering how many factors are involved in hyper- and hypo-secretion of stomach acid I would be interested in seeing what methodology was used in such a study. From what I have read you get hyper and hypo secretion across all blood types.
    Last edited by porchrat; 31-12-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    "The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

  8. #38
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parkhurst/Bryanston
    Posts
    15,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Blood Type Diet

    Quote Originally Posted by porchrat View Post
    I have just learnt about this blood type diet thing. I had never heard about it before but our own killadoob brought it to my attention here.

    As some information here is the wiki article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_diet

    Do any of you out there believe in this sort of thing?

    I have to say I find the idea to be very very strange.
    It is rubbish. If you take any notice of it it would suggest that gorillas should eat dairy.
    No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood

  9. #39
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albereth View Post
    It is rubbish. If you take any notice of it it would suggest that gorillas should eat dairy.
    What blood type do gorilla's have albereth?

    They should be eating mostly fruit and veggies, they can eat vertain dairy and meats but low fat dairy but we are comparing a gorilla to a human. When gorilla's start eating human food your point may be valid but considering they cannot exactly go into woolies and pick their meal i don't think comparing their diets to ours is really going to end well. We have been eating a varied diet for a very long time.

    Unless gorilla's shop at spar, pick n pay etc in your area but in jhb they don't . The blood diet is not suggesting people should avoid everything they are just pointing out what certain blood type's might struggle with certain things. It's another diet like the atkins diet or any other big diet that people try.

    It's a diet you try and if it works great, if not move onto the next diet because there are thousands. How many people try diets with no scientific back up? Low carbs high protein, low protein high carb diet. It works for doesn't for other but one thing is for certain some diets do work for some people.
    Last edited by killadoob; 01-01-2013 at 09:39 AM.

  10. #40
    Super Grandmaster HapticSimian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    15,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    What blood type do gorilla's have albereth?

    Can you answer that without googling?
    What blood type they have is immaterial; what's relevant is that animals show similar variation in blood type to us. The expectation would thus be that there'd be an observable difference in diet from one blood type to the next. There isn't. You've been had. Again.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

  11. #41
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HapticSimian View Post
    What blood type they have is immaterial; what's relevant is that animals show similar variation in blood type to us. The expectation would thus be that there'd be an observable difference in diet from one blood type to the next. There isn't. You've been had. Again.
    Haptic sometimes i wonder if you know how to google, how many blood type's do gorilla's have?

    I can tell you thanx to google that they only have blood type B, that is the only blood type gorilla's have. Let me repeat it in black for you.

    gorilla's only have blood type b

    So there would be no observable variation in their diet because THEY ALL HAVE BLOOD TYPE B. Should i repeat it for you? Do you want to me to use caps and bold it?

  12. #42
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HapticSimian View Post
    What blood type they have is immaterial; what's relevant is that animals show similar variation in blood type to us. The expectation would thus be that there'd be an observable difference in diet from one blood type to the next. There isn't. You've been had. Again.
    Let's go a bit further, let's say gorilla's had blood type A and blood type B but lived in the same place, how would they eat different things? Woolies? Pick n pay? i doubt they have those. So they would eat what is within their grasp and surroundings, perhaps they could stop off at kfc and mcdonalds for a quick bit to eat. What kind of observable difference would a gorilla with blood type A show over one with blood type B in the exact same conditions? Comparing the diets of animals and humans and is beyond retarded due to how we feed, we can eat literally anything we want. So how can you compare animals forced to eat what they can to humans are actually forced to choose between thousands of items.

  13. #43
    Super Grandmaster HapticSimian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    15,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gorillas aren't the only animals with blood, doobiedoo. Which is why I said it's immaterial.
    In the Age of Information
    ignorance is a choice

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster killadoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Africa.
    Posts
    46,578
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HapticSimian View Post
    Gorillas aren't the only animals with blood, doobiedoo. Which is why I said it's immaterial.
    You quoted though with gorilla's indicating you never knew gorillas only have blood type b, so don't cover your arse, admit you never knew it. Then you want to compare cat blood with human blood? Use google and find me some examples rather than say animals because then i start thinking you think a lion's blood type is similar to ours and they should follow our diet plans.

    What you miss though and it is a pretty big thing, there isn't a species on the planet apart from humans have can mass produce and ship virtually anything globally, meaning most animals who do change their diets will do it over thousands of years, me and you won't observe it due to being dead.

    It is immaterial because you want to compare elephant and human blood or lion and human blood? What animals are you talking about because saying animals opens yourself up to me asking what kind? Can you answer what kind of animals you can compare to humans for diets?
    Last edited by killadoob; 01-01-2013 at 10:21 AM.

  15. #45
    Super Grandmaster Sinbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    57,717
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Haptic sometimes i wonder if you know how to google, how many blood type's do gorilla's have?

    I can tell you thanx to google that they only have blood type B, that is the only blood type gorilla's have. Let me repeat it in black for you.

    gorilla's only have blood type b

    So there would be no observable variation in their diet because THEY ALL HAVE BLOOD TYPE B. Should i repeat it for you? Do you want to me to use caps and bold it?
    You calling me a gorilla? *glare*


    Don't tell Ockie.
    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It is a Chrismas time, animals speak human language, deamons speak through the humans, it is normal. Honesty is the way we can combat it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The diet everyone talks about AKA BA Travel clinic diet
    By manicminer in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-09-2011, 05:33 PM
  2. Blood Type Diet
    By evilsee in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
  3. Diet and blood pressure
    By JungleRumble in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-01-2009, 02:57 PM
  4. What Blood Type are you?
    By BTTB in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 01:53 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •