Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Megasurf Internet service provider rips people off

Default Megasurf Internet service provider rips people off

I applied for a internet service with megasurf wifi intenet. I was an loyal paying customer for two years until my 2.4 ghz dish broke and had to be replaced. I went to check what i knew one would cost me it was ± R350 when you buy it online. I thougt it to be easier if the service provider would do the installation themself sien that the attenas had to finely tune. This was done by my sevice provider. A feaw day later i recieved my statement asking for R1700 for services rendered. I phoned the ceo of the service provider and informed him that i am not going to pay R 1700 for services rendered by them and informed them that they can remove the said property and that wil only pay for labour that was preformed. The internet attena was removed a few days later. A few months later i checked my itc profile and noticed that i have an judgement against my name by Megasurf Internet. I phoned the lawyers working with mt case and was told that the outstanding fee was now R 2700.
    This is totally unfair practise and now i must pay for something which i do not have. I was informed by the lawyer that i can collect my 2.4 ghz attena from the said company evrn though i do not want an attena.

Grandmaster

Maybe you should have enquired about the fee before hand

I joined megasurf in the early stages of their excistance and they were evading tax like crazy!!
    They owner was not even registered as he could not provide any tax/vat numbers for company purposes.
    The owner, who i know personally is a fraud and i just think it is time that his wheel turns.

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond007 View Post
    I applied for a internet service with megasurf wifi intenet. I was an loyal paying customer for two years until my 2.4 ghz dish broke and had to be replaced. I went to check what i knew one would cost me it was ± R350 when you buy it online. I thougt it to be easier if the service provider would do the installation themself sien that the attenas had to finely tune. This was done by my sevice provider. A feaw day later i recieved my statement asking for R1700 for services rendered. I phoned the ceo of the service provider and informed him that i am not going to pay R 1700 for services rendered by them and informed them that they can remove the said property and that wil only pay for labour that was preformed. The internet attena was removed a few days later. A few months later i checked my itc profile and noticed that i have an judgement against my name by Megasurf Internet. I phoned the lawyers working with mt case and was told that the outstanding fee was now R 2700.
    This is totally unfair practise and now i must pay for something which i do not have. I was informed by the lawyer that i can collect my 2.4 ghz attena from the said company evrn though i do not want an attena.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc7007 View Post
    I joined megasurf in the early stages of their excistance and they were evading tax like crazy!!
    They owner was not even registered as he could not provide any tax/vat numbers for company purposes.
    The owner, who i know personally is a fraud and i just think it is time that his wheel turns.
    Same person
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Default Megasurf Internet service provider rips people off

You failed to tell that you did not keep your end of the agreement. That you used your internet on promises to pay off the upgrade in four months. You were phoned on a regular basis with no joy and we had to hand you over to the attorneys to collect the outstanding balance. We don't buy stock online, only from trusted Suppliers who can guarantee the quality of the equipment.

A person is liable to register for VAT if the income earned from supplying goods or services is more than R1 million in a 12 month period, or is reasonably expected to exceed this amount. The wheel has turned. We are registered for VAT and all taxes are paid in full.

Quote Originally Posted by moklet View Post
    Maybe you should have enquired about the fee before hand
    I agree with moklet, but what did they replace that cost R1700 if the complete kit costs R2200?

Default Response to megasurf Internet service provider rips poeple off

Quote Originally Posted by ISP cash cow View Post
    Same person
    The comment about not paying tax is not from me.Check the user. I did check with service provider beforehand and that was not the price given to me. I informed megasurf to remove internet attena as i was not going to pay R1700 for something which cost not more than R400. Funny enough that i was blacklisted for something which i do not even have in my possesion. The comment about 4 months arrangement made by my me do not know where that was discussed but not with me. What makes this even more unfair is the fact that the summons was delivered to a house which i have stayed five years ago. But they did manage to install the attena at the correct addres

+ Reply to Thread