Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 616 to 627 of 627

Thread: Your Raspberry Pi Projects

  1. #616

    Default

    Anyone loaded openwrt or dd-wrt or other router firmware on a pi?
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin

  2. #617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    Anyone loaded openwrt or dd-wrt or other router firmware on a pi?
    Ja, this guy
    https://computers.tutsplus.com/artic...all--mac-55984

  3. #618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Wulf View Post
    I was asking you guys, not the internet.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #619
    Super Grandmaster PhireSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planet Ęth
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoXtroT View Post
    Where would I be able to source old LCDs?
    Try any local PC repair shop...they may be willing to part with some old laptop panels for a few bucks

  5. #620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    I was asking you guys, not the internet.
    LOL. I'm a bot Panji. I AM THE INTERNET!! *mwahahahaha*
    I have wanted to do this though I would love to do SmoothWall or IPCop. Seems you need a USB Ethernet adapter to have two wired interfaces. I've always liked DDWRT and Tomato myself.

  6. #621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Wulf View Post
    LOL. I'm a bot Panji. I AM THE INTERNET!! *mwahahahaha*
    I have wanted to do this though I would love to do SmoothWall or IPCop. Seems you need a USB Ethernet adapter to have two wired interfaces. I've always liked DDWRT and Tomato myself.
    Would use it as a smart AP. With a decent WiFi adapter like the TL-WN822N maybe , which has antenna , it can do the job well. Basically a router with 256/512mb ram and 8gb storage space. Most routers come with 4mb/8mb flash and 16/32mb ram.

    In theory it's your firewall, runs your PPOE connection and serves your wireless clients. All powered by a USB power adapter with a huge power bank
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #622
    The Magician Tinuva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Virgo Super Cluster
    Posts
    7,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    Anyone loaded openwrt or dd-wrt or other router firmware on a pi?
    I am not sure if a Raspberry Pi is the best suited to be used as a router, but if you really must I am sure it can. I personally would rather consider one of these:

    1. Banana Pi BPI-R1:
    http://www.banana-pi.org/r1.html
    - Doesn't have wireless, but has 4x gig LAN ports and 1x 100Mbps WAN port

    2. ZBT MT7621A OpenWRT router
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...432866645.html
    - 4x gig LAN ports
    - 1x WAN port
    - 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi and decent speeds
    - Run OpenWRT firmware!

    ^^ this is the one I have been eyeing to replace my Mikrotik maybe eventually.
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

  8. #623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    I am not sure if a Raspberry Pi is the best suited to be used as a router, but if you really must I am sure it can. I personally would rather consider one of these:

    1. Banana Pi BPI-R1:
    http://www.banana-pi.org/r1.html
    - Doesn't have wireless, but has 4x gig LAN ports and 1x 100Mbps WAN port

    2. ZBT MT7621A OpenWRT router
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-...432866645.html
    - 4x gig LAN ports
    - 1x WAN port
    - 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi and decent speeds
    - Run OpenWRT firmware!

    ^^ this is the one I have been eyeing to replace my Mikrotik maybe eventually.
    thanks for the advice. looking for something to host my pfsense router.

    currently run it in vbox

  9. #624
    Super Grandmaster PhireSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planet Ęth
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    Added a 'UPS' to my Pi yesterday

    Someone gave me a brand new battery for my Huawei B315 and I am running the Pi off the USB port as it handles my VPN. I also found a sentinel in the form of a teeny little spider keeping watch over my interwebz.

    Come at me, eskom! Muahahaha



  10. #625

    Default

    Burn down that house.

  11. #626

    Default

    I wouldn't call that a UPS, battery backup is a better description to be honest.

  12. #627
    Super Grandmaster PhireSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planet Ęth
    Posts
    6,299

    Default

    But...but... It's a power supply...and it's uninterruptible

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Similar Threads

  1. Raspberry Pi
    By Speedster in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 02:22 PM
  2. What is a Raspberry PI
    By Richardxtc in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-05-2013, 12:28 PM
  3. Raspberry Pi - Do you own one?
    By wez1007 in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 20-04-2013, 10:13 PM
  4. Raspberry oO
    By Barfish88 in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
  5. Raspberry PI
    By GhostSixFour in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 31-05-2012, 03:49 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •