Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2597

Thread: TelkomZA

Quote Originally Posted by Christo4 View Post
    Lekker verder speel.
    Name:  Catfish-pond-Sipho-Maseko-800x600.png
Views: 251
Size:  667.9 KB

Sal daar enige downtime wees terwyl my lyn na die holding pool toe geskyf word sodat telkom dit kan oor vat? Die mense van Vox praat van dit kan tussen 15-30 dae vat wat n baie lang tyd is om sonder internet te sit.

Haai jdido87, volgens wat ek lees op hierdie blad, sal jy nie sonder internet wees terwyl jou lyn in die holding pool is nie.

Telkom stealing mobile balance?

Monday morning, I went to the Menlyn Telkom shop to upgrade my mobile account. After a wait of more than 3 hours, the upgrade was done, but there is a problem that Telkom refuse to address.

I upgraded a FreeMe 1 gig top-up account to a 24 month FreeMe 1 gig account that includes a phone. On concluding the upgrade, I used the Telkom App to verify that the contact is loaded, to find that my Rand balance has been wiped out. I showed this to the Telkom lady and she checked her PC. She confirmed that my balance was gone, but had no idea why. She said that she could not help me. In disgust, I left the shop.

Later on Monday, I phoned the call centre and gave the operator my sad story. The operator said that this is normal and that my balance was forfeited due to the upgrade. He also said that the shop assistant should have told me that. After some discussion, the operator discussed this with his supervisor, who confirmed that it is Telkom policy to remove all funds on a top-up service when it is upgraded and that I must just accept this. He said that maybe if I go back to the shop, they might do me a favour and give me a credit. That is not acceptable!, as I don't want to return to the shop and wait another 3 hours in the queue, in the faint hope that they will credit my account

SURELY THIS IS BLATANT THEFT???

Is there still a Telkom representative on this forum? I've had constant line disconnects for weeks now and had reported a fault which got closed without being resolved. The live chat staff aren't helpful at all

I would also like to know. I logged a fault with Telkom last week and I am still waiting to hear back from them.
    SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsS SsSsSs SsSsSsSsSsS SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsS

Grandmaster

I suggest you guys PM TelkomZA. They have always responded to me doing this. May take a day or two, but give it a try.
    Are kidney stones the human equivalent of pearls?

This ASSIA system is really stupid.

For almost 2 years on my VDSL 20Mbit I've had a real world 19Mbit - enough for my UHD HDR. Admittedly, my line specs (on paper) weren't fantastic but I've virtually had zero issues in that time holding to signal. I've bragged to everyone how quick my copper was and I love it.

The last few days it decided to sync me at 16Mbit, sigh. I wish they wouldn't touch things if not broken
    Jägermeiʃter can fix that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
    I wish they wouldn't touch things if not broken

Jägermeiʃter can fix that!
    Name:  Jagermeister-if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it.png
Views: 122
Size:  356.6 KB

Ever since that storm in Durban this past Tuesday (10 Oct 2017), my ADSL speeds have gone down from 8 Mb/s to 2 Mb/s. Afrihost have recreated my port, but that hasn't helped.

Is anybody else in DBN experiencing the same issue?

@telkomza one of your poles are down in my yard. Cable blocking my driveway. Neighbour logged call on Wednesday. It's a nuisance and I'm not a customer. Contact me for address. I'm cutting cables and moving the pole down the road tomorrow if it isn't sorted

Quote Originally Posted by ripclaw View Post
    Ever since that storm in Durban this past Tuesday (10 Oct 2017), my ADSL speeds have gone down from 8 Mb/s to 2 Mb/s. Afrihost have recreated my port, but that hasn't helped.

Is anybody else in DBN experiencing the same issue?
    I live just south of Durban and this has been my exact experience as well. I have logged a fault with them and expect a response once he'll has frozen over or we invent ftl travel. Whichever comes sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by S7wede View Post
    ... once hell has frozen over or we invent ftl travel. Whichever comes sooner.
    Name:  when-hell-freezes-over.png
Views: 105
Size:  372.4 KB

at least you have a connection, ADSL been down since Tuesday night phoned Telkom, it's been handed over to the cabling department they have no clue when it'll be sorted out.(Hillary/Bellair)
    [Current] Cybersmart 200GB Capped
    [Previous] Crystal Web Uncapped 4mb One of the Best Uncapped ISPs

So was looking at the Telkom offerings and just happened to check the coverage map and I see that our area is now capable of 10Mb, was always told 4Mb is the highest (coverage map also always said 4). So call Telkom sales and place the order, this morning i see that the order has been completed, so connected to my PC at home to check the router, still 4Mb, rebooted and still the same.

Called Telkom now to follow up and the lady tells, oh sorry, your order was cancelled because 4Mb is the highest we can go. Whatever department sent the sales lady who assisted me Monday a message, saying that she needs to call and inform us we can get 10Mb, but she never did . The lady i spoke to today resubmitted the order as she said they were having some system issues.

Sooooo, is the coverage map any good? I just hope the "issues" is not affecting their coverage map and giving the people false hopes, coz the sales lady confirmed with that their team uses the same coverage map as the general public and they have to check that before they process any orders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174 LastLast