Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54

Thread: Mifi management tools and utilities

  1. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA-LION-619 View Post
    Ddns.net?
    Got dyndns running and portforwarding to my camera fine - but when I try access the mifi admin page remotely (https://dynhost) it tries to redirect me to https://192.168.1.1 - I've looked around and it doesn't seem like it's possible to see the mifi admin page externally.. just wondering if anyone had figured something out.
    20MB MTN FTTH

  2. #47
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Benoni,please bring passport
    Posts
    2,702

    Default

    that would be interesting. Will have a look this evening aswell.... and if you type your dynamic IP in directly can you go in?

  3. #48
    Super Grandmaster DA-LION-619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    10,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    Got dyndns running and portforwarding to my camera fine - but when I try access the mifi admin page remotely (https://dynhost) it tries to redirect me to https://192.168.1.1 - I've looked around and it doesn't seem like it's possible to see the mifi admin page externally.. just wondering if anyone had figured something out.
    Any reason you need the admin page? Maybe remote login is disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Gulp and grunt is what happens at a BDSM party right?

  4. #49

    Default

    No particular reason, just a "nice to have" at the moment. If I try access via the dyn hostname or the external IP direct it just tries to redirect me to the internal IP admin page (i.e. https://192.168.1.1/html/home.html?url=...)

    Looks like it's a no-go.
    20MB MTN FTTH

  5. #50
    Super Grandmaster DA-LION-619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    10,986

    Default

    Btw is this one of those wireless round IP cams?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Gulp and grunt is what happens at a BDSM party right?

  6. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA-LION-619 View Post
    Btw is this one of those wireless round IP cams?
    One of these - http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/17484...therproof.html
    20MB MTN FTTH

  7. #52
    Super Grandmaster DA-LION-619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    10,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    Friend was looking at getting something like this, how is the picture quality? Any problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Gulp and grunt is what happens at a BDSM party right?

  8. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA-LION-619 View Post
    Friend was looking at getting something like this, how is the picture quality? Any problems?
    Very decent for the price. I've been using one of these for about 3 years now on-top of my current garage to see who's out front. The only issue is when you are viewing it from, say, 3 or 4 devices on the LAN it starts getting a bit laggy. Works day and night, rain and sunshine - night vision is good. Works with "IP Cam Viewer" app on Play Store/Apple Store without any problems.

    eg: the one I'm busy setting up at the mo
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t5arewzqm...58.34.png?dl=0
    20MB MTN FTTH

  9. #54
    Super Grandmaster DA-LION-619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Randburg
    Posts
    10,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blunt View Post
    Very decent for the price. I've been using one of these for about 3 years now on-top of my current garage to see who's out front. The only issue is when you are viewing it from, say, 3 or 4 devices on the LAN it starts getting a bit laggy. Works day and night, rain and sunshine - night vision is good. Works with "IP Cam Viewer" app on Play Store/Apple Store without any problems.

    eg: the one I'm busy setting up at the mo
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t5arewzqm...58.34.png?dl=0
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Gulp and grunt is what happens at a BDSM party right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Personal Financial Management tools (PFM)
    By Pragashnee in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
  2. Online tools can offer better experience than offline tools
    By Derrick in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-12-2010, 11:05 AM
  3. Online tools can offer better experience than offline tools
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-07-2008, 03:40 PM
  4. Admin Tools > Computer Management (change drive letters)
    By Dolby in forum PC Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-10-2007, 01:51 AM
  5. Utilities & Applications
    By Vio in forum Forum suggestions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-10-2005, 07:40 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •