Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD & Monitors Signal Strength - Windows]

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    AT+CFUN?
    +CFUN: 5
    AT+CFUN=1
    OK
    AT+CFUN?
    +CFUN: 1
    Tool now works again till next time...
    Just what I needed to know.

ginggs:

The Huawei software I'm using is still the one that came with the card, HOST20.11.05.01.01.03. I have an updated version but have not installed it yet.

I can confirm this software does not have the inconsistent jumps in 'total' that your tool reports.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Just what I needed to know.
    *sigh* It happened again. Why is this only with the new firmware? Would you mail me a new version when you have it please?

Damn 3G is gone again today.

It is not a matter of the value in being open. This is just how a lot of companies do business.
    Many companies are open, they encounter an issue, publicly release a firmware update and that's that. Huawei encounter an issue, release it to some of their customers, and when asked what's changed you get the following response:
    The firmware version details are not available to end users, sorry for this.

I assumed you're talking about the usage doubling. This happens only with the signal dropping to zero and not with the connection dropping. In this case the MC software reports no network and the usage suddenly doubles. When the signal comes back the connection is still going but reports only half the usage in windows.
    I experience the problem completely differently, I notice a low signal, I leave the computer connected for a while, when I return the connection has been dropped. When I reconnect, the data counters contain the values when the connection dropped.

I experience the problem completely differently, I notice a low signal, I leave the computer connected for a while, when I return the connection has been dropped. When I reconnect, the data counters contain the values when the connection dropped.
    Have you ever noticed what happens when only the signal drops?

Have you ever noticed what happens when only the signal drops?
    I don't think I've seen the signal drop without the connection drop.

I don't think I've seen the signal drop without the connection drop.
    Drop an E220 into a can and see what happens to the total when the signal drops. This seems to happen with any software.

Drop an E220 into a can and see what happens to the total when the signal drops. This seems to happen with any software.
    You don't mean can in the American sense? Drop it in the can and flush it away!

Regarding Huawei: while browsing (or rather, fighting through) their website, I noticed that their "terminal" products, including the E620 and E220, are treated rather differently from the core/networking/switching stuff. They don't turn up in my documentation searches. Yet other parts of the site are stuffed with docs, kb articles, discussion forums etc. It seems to me that these products are not central to Huawei's business - I even suspect they are engineered and/or made by someone else and badged. (And then rebadged by MTN and Voda.)

Hi Everyone

I am using the mtn e629 and have windows xp sp2.

I am constantly getting logged out with the consequent problems ending with me having to force a shut down.

Can anyone help?

'Cos mnt can't!!

Thanks
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by SecretCode View Post
    You don't mean can in the American sense? Drop it in the can and flush it away!
    I mean can as in preserved food.

Talking

I can't believe nobody figured this out yet

I did some experimenting in HyperTerminal before and after running the Mobile Connect software and got this:

COM3 Before:
    AT^HS=0,0
    ^HS:29549711,0,0,0,6

OK

COM4 Before:
    AT^ (still busy typing when I get: )
    ^BOOT:29549711,0,0,0,6
    HS=0,0

OK

^BOOT:29549711,0,0,0,6 (seem to get this every 28 seconds)
    AT^HS=0,0

OK

^BOOT:29549711,0,0,0,6

COM3 After:
    AT^HS=0,0

OK

COM4 After:
    (start typing) `-o'V!‡d ? �

You're using the wrong port.

Prometheus - already worked this out (possibly earlier in this thread) - the problem is that responses to USSD commands only come on one of the ports, the one the HMC mucks up.

Try AT+CUSD=1,"*141#",15 on your COM3. You get no response. Actually you do, but it's sent on your COM4

Quote Originally Posted by SecretCode View Post
    Prometheus - already worked this out (possibly earlier in this thread) - the problem is that responses to USSD commands only come on one of the ports, the one the HMC mucks up.

Try AT+CUSD=1,"*141#",15 on your COM3. You get no response. Actually you do, but it's sent on your COM4
    No, that was different. There are two ports. Both support the same commands. COM3 gives only the information you ask. COM4 gives the information you ask plus extra information at regular intervals. The MC software seems to use COM4 but sets it to binary mode. COM3 is still available for AT commands, but COM3 is used by the modem itself and can't be used while the modem is in use. Maybe COM4 can be set back to text mode with an AT command on COM3 when it is not in use or through the modem driver.

but COM3 is used by the modem itself and can't be used while the modem is in use.
    We need to find some way of getting the UI port back into a mode where it understands AT commands after the (Huawei/Vodafone) Mobile Connect software has put it in binary mode.

I think Horiblee is close in looking at the AT$QCDMG command. As mentioned in my email to you (Prometheus) last week, I think we should look at the four binary bytes sent by Mobile Connect just prior to it sending the AT$QCDMG command. PortMon has a binary logging mode, would someone please try this and let me know what those four bytes are?

Unfortunately I can't duplicate this on my E620, as it has a modem port, an AT command port (used by MTN [email protected], Huawei E620 Dashboard and E620 Tool) and a binary port (used by Mobile Connect). I can run E620 Tool and Mobile Connect and be online at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast