Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD & Monitors Signal Strength - Windows]

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    @Sselmrah and all the other testers, please let me know if you're receiving cell broadcasts or not, I am trying to determine whether I may have changed a setting on my data card while testing which enables me to receive them, that still needs to be done within e620 tool.

If your data card is stationary and you receive a strong signal from only one tower you might only receive a couple of cell broadcasts when your card first registers on the network and you may miss them while your computer is booting or before you've started the e620 tool. You can possibly induce the reception of these initial cell broadcasts by closing the e620 tool, ejecting your data card, re-inserting it and then starting the e620 tool immediately after you hear the sound indicating that the card has been detected.

Lastly, you cannot receive any cell broadcasts while in 3G mode, so for testing you could put your card into GPRS/EDGE Only mode temporarily.
    @ginggs

Thanks a lot

MTNDD

Quote Originally Posted by MTN_Data_Dude View Post
    @MTN_DD: Perhaps you could organize me a Huawei E220 USB modem on loan for testing, please?
    MMMMM,

Will have to see what I can do on that one ginggs
    @MTN_DD: Any luck with a E220 for testing purposes? You could bring it down with you when you come to Cape Town.

@MTN_DD: Any luck with a E220 for testing purposes? You could bring it down with you when you come to Cape Town.
    @ginggs

My device manager doesn't even have a E220 as yet, I'll probably only get one next year some time so sorry about that one bro

MTNDD

@Sselmrah and all the other testers, please let me know if you're receiving cell broadcasts or not, I am trying to determine whether I may have changed a setting on my data card while testing which enables me to receive them, that still needs to be done within e620 tool.

If your data card is stationary and you receive a strong signal from only one tower you might only receive a couple of cell broadcasts when your card first registers on the network and you may miss them while your computer is booting or before you've started the e620 tool. You can possibly induce the reception of these initial cell broadcasts by closing the e620 tool, ejecting your data card, re-inserting it and then starting the e620 tool immediately after you hear the sound indicating that the card has been detected.

Lastly, you cannot receive any cell broadcasts while in 3G mode, so for testing you could put your card into GPRS/EDGE Only mode temporarily.
    Still no cell broadcast.

3G/HSDPA or GPRS/EDGE.

Sean
    Travel the World_

Quote Originally Posted by sean12 View Post
    Still no cell broadcast.

3G/HSDPA or GPRS/EDGE.

Sean

New version uploaded, see first post in thread for details:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=59080

New version uploaded, see first post in thread for details:
    http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=59080
    @ginggs

Nice one

Thanks - Please keep us posted

MTNDD

I finally got hold of an E220 for testing purposes.

I have just uploaded a new version, see first post for details.
    Major change is the program now supports the E220, fortunately there were only a couple of minor changes that had to be made, hopefully I have got them all.

Cellular broadcasts were received perfectly in 2G mode on the new E220, so I'm now pretty sure that they are working properly so those people who do not receive them must be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Getting some crazy junk back when sending USSD commands with firmware version 11.109.03.00.67. MTN_DD would you please check with Huawei the status of USSD support with the E220?
    Update: Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I guess I can't call the program E620 Tool any more. Anyone have suggestions for a new name?
    Last edited by ginggs; 10-01-2007 at 12:39 AM.

I finally got hold of an E220 for testing purposes.

I have just uploaded a new version, see first post for details.
    Major change is the program now supports the E220, fortunately there were only a couple of minor changes that had to be made, hopefully I have got them all.

Cellular broadcasts were received perfectly in 2G mode on the new E220, so I'm now pretty sure that they are working properly so those people who do not receive them must be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Getting some crazy junk back when sending USSD commands with firmware version 11.109.03.00.67. MTN_DD would you please check with Huawei the status of USSD support with the E220?
    Update: Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

I guess I can't call the program E620 Tool any more. Anyone have suggestions for a new name?
    Good day,

ginggs

I've emailed Gary from huawei and will keep you posted

MTNDD

What about Huawei Modem Suite
    Travel the World_

What about Huawei Modem Suite
    HMS Tool

Quote Originally Posted by MTN_Data_Dude View Post
    HMS Tool
    Nah, sounds like the name of a boat in a pr0n movie!

Nah, sounds like the name of a boat in a pr0n movie!
    LOL BWHAHAHAAH ROFL

Hi Ginggs

Last night I got 2 Cell Broadcasts from VM in GRPS/EDGE Only mode in Gardens. Nothing so far this morning.

I have not been in 3G MTN for a while because of the problems with 3G MTN in Cape Town.
    Travel the World_

Hi Ginggs

Last night I got 2 Cell Broadcasts from VM in GRPS/EDGE Only mode in Gardens. Nothing so far this morning.

I have not been in 3G MTN for a while because of the problems with 3G MTN in Cape Town.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast