Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD & Monitors Signal Strength - Windows]

Quote Originally Posted by PKruger View Post
    I am using an E220 (11.313.02.00.01) with a Vodacom pre-paid sim. When I check the airtime bundle using *111#, the USSD menu is garbled, but if I type in '1' and then '7', the correct airtime value is displayed.
    Confirmed. USSD on the E220 with Netcom Norway firmware 11.313.02.00.01 is garbled.
    On Vodacom pre-paid, *100# and *111#,1,7 are fine, but the *111# and #111#,1 menus are not.

I'm still trying to establish whether this firmware is just producing rubbish for those menus or if it is using a new USSD encoding scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    If your device is not listed, it only means nobody has reported it as working. Please try and contribute to the thread .
    I have just tried to start MDMA without success as it give an error message saying that it cannot find the COM port. I had already made sure, in the Task Manager, that VMC was not running but I then found under Processes the VMC service was running. I stopped the service and tried again but still no success.

When I check Control Panel -> Phones & Modems I see the modem is attached to COM3. In the Device Manager under Ports Communication Port is COM1, VM Broadband Diagnostics Port is COM4 and VM Broadband Secondary Port Modem is COM11. Any suggestions? (Windows XP Pro, SP3)

Ginggs maybe the best person for input here

Quote Originally Posted by MervynB View Post
    I have just tried to start MDMA without success as it give an error message saying that it cannot find the COM port. I had already made sure, in the Task Manager, that VMC was not running but I then found under Processes the VMC service was running. I stopped the service and tried again but still no success.
    If the port was in use, you would get the message "Unable to open COM port, mobile data device possibly in use by another application.".
    What is the exact error message you are seeing?
    When I check Control Panel -> Phones & Modems I see the modem is attached to COM3. In the Device Manager under Ports Communication Port is COM1, VM Broadband Diagnostics Port is COM4 and VM Broadband Secondary Port Modem is COM11. Any suggestions? (Windows XP Pro, SP3)
    From the above it looks like you are using the "hacked" drivers (Huawei drivers that have had the description strings in the .inf file modified), please make sure you are using MDMA 1.0.0.30 or newer to detect these devices. If this doesn't help, please take note of the exact description for the ports displayed in Device Manager.

If the port was in use, you would get the message "Unable to open COM port, mobile data device possibly in use by another application.".
    What is the exact error message you are seeing?

From the above it looks like you are using the "hacked" drivers (Huawei drivers that have had the description strings in the .inf file modified), please make sure you are using MDMA 1.0.0.30 or newer to detect these devices. If this doesn't help, please take note of the exact description for the ports displayed in Device Manager.
    The error message is "Unable to open COM port, mobile data device possibly in use by another application." I am using MDMA 1.0.0.30 (as downloaded in mdma10030a.zip).

The ports as displayed in the Device Manager are shown in the screenshot at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nt=Huawei1.jpg

Whatever drivers are in use were either installed by the original installation of the plug n play VMC Lite or by the subsequent VMC installation Version 9.4.4.17702. (VMC Lite was removed before the installation of VMC.

The ports as displayed in the Device Manager are shown in the screenshot at http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nt=Huawei1.jpg
    Those look fine, they should be detected by the version of MDMA you are using.

In case MDMA is detecting the incorrect port, you can try adding "/port:COM11 /commandset:Huawei" to your MDMA command line.
    If it still complains that the port is in use then I can only suggest that there is still some part of the Vodafone software that has the port open.

Those look fine, they should be detected by the version of MDMA you are using.

In case MDMA is detecting the incorrect port, you can try adding "/port:COM11 /commandset:Huawei" to your MDMA command line.
    If it still complains that the port is in use then I can only suggest that there is still some part of the Vodafone software that has the port open.
    The penny finally dropped. VMC was set to start automatically on boot-up. Killing the program in the Task Manager didn't do the job properly!

I reset VMC to start manually and rebooted. MDMA now works so you can add the K3520 modem to the supported list.

A couple of questions. Signal strength is -85dBm. Is that good, bad or indifferent? (My background is heavy current and the number doesn't mean much to me.) The cell ID is 11068. Is there any way of finding out which tower that refers to?

Any news on the cheap Sentar EDGE modem from China ?
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

The penny finally dropped. VMC was set to start automatically on boot-up. Killing the program in the Task Manager didn't do the job properly!
    That VMC is as difficult to remove as some viruses!
    I reset VMC to start manually and rebooted. MDMA now works so you can add the K3520 modem to the supported list.
    Glad you are sorted.
    A couple of questions. Signal strength is -85dBm. Is that good, bad or indifferent?
    V3g explained it nicely here, so nicely in fact, that I quoted him in the readme.
    -85dBm seems to be in the middle, neither good nor bad.
    The cell ID is 11068. Is there any way of finding out which tower that refers to?
    VD?

V3g explained it nicely here, so nicely in fact, that I quoted him in the readme.
    -85dBm seems to be in the middle, neither good nor bad.
    Um, yes. When all else fails read the instructions.

Now I know what those little green squares that stretch half way across the form indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxenator View Post
    Any news on the cheap Sentar EDGE modem from China ?
    To be honest I haven't even plugged it in yet. I'll definitely look at it before the next MyBB meet.

Now I know what those little green squares that stretch half way across the form indicate.
    I recently received an SMS from an irate user complaining that MDMA had been running for 3 hours and it was still only at 50%.

My fault for using a progress indicator for signal strength I guess.

@VD: Are you able to get the name for the cell id MervynB posted above please?

I recently received an SMS from an irate user complaining that MDMA had been running for 3 hours and it was still only at 50%.

Connection alternate between 11068 and 11963 so Please Sir, can I be greedy and ask for both?

Connection alternate between 11068 and 11963 so Please Sir, can I be greedy and ask for both?
    &**^%$ More haste, less speed. That should be 11068 & 11063

Hi Mr ginggs

I am loving MDMA, it keeps me connected all the time! Now here's problem, I sometimes get an indication that I have received SMS, so where do I go to check for SMS's?

Your Help highly appreciated!

Ta

Mashster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast