You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1314

Thread: MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD & Monitors Signal Strength - Windows]

Quote Originally Posted by deziderata View Post
    Tried win7, win8, ubuntu(wine). Modem not detected.

Any suggestions?
    Is it a HiLink modem?

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager with the Modems, Network Adapters and Ports sections expanded.
    Something like this:

MDMA doesn't work on WINE, I believe the blocking bugs are 19713 and 11811.

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Is it a HiLink modem?

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager with the Modems, Network Adapters and Ports sections expanded.
    Hi there ginngs,

Not sure if it is Hilink, does not say so on modem. But does act as ethernet adaptor on win7&8 and linux. Can access via URL or loaded UI (win7 only).

Here is the device manager:
    Name:  deziderata-k4606.png
Views: 1416
Size:  64.4 KB

TIA
    Last edited by ginggs; 19-08-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Not sure if it is Hilink, does not say so on modem. But does act as ethernet adaptor on win7&8 and linux. Can access via URL or loaded UI (win7 only).
    It does sound like a HiLink modem; accessed via URL, doesn't appear as a modem, and no 'Application Interface' or 'PC UI Interface' ports.
    MDMA needs those ports to communicate with the modem.

What is the 'loaded UI'?

It does sound like a HiLink modem; accessed via URL, doesn't appear as a modem, and no 'Application Interface' or 'PC UI Interface' ports.
    MDMA needs those ports to communicate with the modem.

What is the 'loaded UI'?
    Thanks for the reply ginggs,

I meant application interface.

This is what is confusing me. On win7, it asks to run VMLite and places icon on the desktop while still appearing as ethernet adaptor. Accessing modem is then via url or just clicking icon. Win8 access via url only. Other forums refer to modeswitch/MBIM. I am not very tech savvy. MDMA has just run without issues for me in the past, but with this new type of modem, just will not work. Gets stuck at identifying modem.

TIA

I meant application interface.
    That is interesting that it comes with a Vodafone dashboard and what sounds like a HiLink web interface.
    Other forums refer to modeswitch/MBIM. I am not very tech savvy. MDMA has just run without issues for me in the past, but with this new type of modem, just will not work. Gets stuck at identifying modem.
    It sounds like the K4606 might be a rebadged E3251.
    If this is the case, it might be possible to flash it with a non-HiLink version of the E3251 firmware and have it work like a normal modem.

That is interesting that it comes with a Vodafone dashboard and what sounds like a HiLink web interface.
    If this is the case, it might be possible to flash it with a non-HiLink version of the E3251 firmware and have it work like a normal modem.
    Thanks ginggs,

Appreciate the feedback. Any idea where i can get this and flashing tool. Ready to try anything, this modem has just got me p*ssed.

TIA

Any idea where i can get this and flashing tool. Ready to try anything, this modem has just got me p*ssed.
    You can try this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1geoff99 View Post
    You can try this.
    Thank you very much 1geoff99. I know this sounds stupid but is there a tool to use this. On win 8 the application does not open. It asks to run, but nothing happens thereafter.

TIA

On win 8 the application does not open. It asks to run, but nothing happens thereafter.TIA
    The file is compressed with a tool called 7-zip. Download 7-zip from here to extract the *.exe file from the *.7z download file.

EDIT: To complete the 7-zip installation under Win8, do the following. Right-click on the '7-zip File Manager' executable file and then click on 'Run as administrator'. Click 'Tools' -> 'Options...' -> 'System' tab. Then choose the 7-zip associations you want (at least '7z', 'rar' and maybe also 'zip'). Click 'OK'.

Then also download these Huawei drivers. This file is a RAR archive and you can also use 7-zip to extract the files to a folder.

1. First install the Huawei drivers by clicking on 'DriverSetup.exe'. After a short while you will notice a 'install.log' file appear in the same folder as 'DriverSetup.exe' which means that the install is complete.

2. Plug in the modem and make sure it is not connected.

3. Run the flash update *.exe file extracted from the first download.

4. If you are prompted to enter a Flash Password, use this online tool to calculate the password (same as the Flash Code) from your IMEI number. IMEI number can probably be found inside your modem, near the SIM card location.

5. If the process completes without errors, see if MDMA can detect the modem.

I can't guarantee that any of this will work or be unharmful.
    Last edited by 1geoff99; 21-08-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1geoff99 View Post
    The file is compressed with a tool called 7-zip.
    Thank you again.

Followed all steps. Unfortunately, as it appears to be the nature of this beast, port finding fails.

What is confusing is that the Vodafone firmware upgrade tool for the k4606 has no problem finding the modem.

Will be looking for a modem that acts normally. Pity, this one has incredible speeds and stability.

Followed all steps. Unfortunately, as it appears to be the nature of this beast, port finding fails.

What is confusing is that the Vodafone firmware upgrade tool for the k4606 has no problem finding the modem.

Will be looking for a modem that acts normally. Pity, this one has incredible speeds and stability.
    Have a look through the Huawei HiLink modems thread, especially the last couple of posts, there are some tips and tricks for getting HiLink modems into a flashable state.

Have a look through the Huawei HiLink modems thread, especially the last couple of posts, there are some tips and tricks for getting HiLink modems into a flashable state.
    First try these links...

Instructions for HiLink to Normal.
    Also see here.

Hi

It sounds like the K4606 might be a rebadged E3251. Can we confirm this?

If this is the case, it might be possible to flash it with a non-HiLink version of the E3251 firmware and have it work like a normal modem. Has anyone done this successfully?

Appreciate any response. Thanks.

[QUOTE=1geoff99;13350056]First try these links...

Many thanks to ginggs and 1geoff99 for all your suggestions. I think the problem is with detecting the modem. I can access modem through URL but using switchModeProject just goes back to access URL. So no serial mode and no detection. Tried several of the tips provided but I am guessing they depend on switching first and then re-assigning drivers as per ginggs #22.

Will keep trying. Ginggs hope you get that K4606 you requested. Perhaps I will send you mine when I get back to SA at the end of the year.

I have a Sierra Wireless Airlink FXT009 EDGE Modem, I am using it through USB since I do not have a serial port on the computer. If I use PuTTY as my terminal software I can access the device using AT commands.

When I use MDMA, it just says searching for device, is there a console I can access to manually change it to Com Port 4?Name:  Application Screen.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  54.2 KB
    Name:  Device Manager.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  75.9 KB
    Name:  Sierra Wireless Device Properties.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  104.9 KB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182838485 ... LastLast