You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1314

Thread: MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD & Monitors Signal Strength - Windows]

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    Nerve.org.za is currently down. I'm in the process of moving to a local hosting provider: Apolix.
    Looking forward to when I can download the new beta ...

Many Thanks
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by nuyork View Post
    So just wanted to find out if @ginggs will be working on a new MDMA for LTE/4G modems:-

Huawei K5005
    ZTE K5006-Z
    Huawei E398
    Alcatel L100V

http://www.vodacom.co.za/personal/ma...pporteddevices

Perhaps only once all operators enable LTE?
    Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    Will very much depend on if the devices find their way into his grubby paws (hint, hint)
    As morkhans wrote, the sooner I get devices for testing, the sooner I can start adding support.
    I don't even need to wait for LTE coverage in Cape Town, the modems do 3G fallback don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by elf_lord_ZC5 View Post
    Looking forward to when I can download the new beta ...
    I have something better.

Default MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD Commands & Monitors Signal Strength]

As morkhans wrote, the sooner I get devices for testing, the sooner I can start adding support.
    I don't even need to wait for LTE coverage in Cape Town, the modems do 3G fallback don't they?

I have something better.
    You do!!!?

Pretty please, where might a copy be available at?
    Good coffee should be, black like the Devil, hot like Hell, and sweet as a Kiss - Hungarian Proverb.

I was going to release this as 1.0.0.31, but when I started putting the changelog together I saw how much has changed since 1.0.0.30c and decided this should be 1.1.0.0.

What's news since 1.0.0.31 beta 10:
    • Poll ^CSNR for Huawei modems that support it
    • Fix a crash when checking MCC/MNC
    • Drop last character of PDU response if padding (0x0d)
    • Fix Vodacom *100# response on Huawei PDU USSD modems (E1820)
    • Set character set to IRA - International Reference Alphabet - GNOME ModemManager sets character set to "UCS2"
    • Fix sending +ZRST=4 instead of +ZRST
    • Don't disable Disconnect button if online registration is lost - thanks sajunky
    • Disable ZTE band configuration unless enabled through command line switch
    • Bump stuck counter detection to LTE speeds
    • Change HSDPA/HSUPA back to HSD+UPA - reduce width of RAT, increase width of Operator

Full details in first post.

I was going to release this as 1.0.0.31, but when I started putting the changelog together I saw how much has changed since 1.0.0.30c and decided this should be 1.1.0.0.

Full details in first post.
    Thanks, got it, and will install shortly ...

Poll ^CSNR for Huawei modems that support it
    Thanks ginggs, now SNR is updating without delay. It will be easier to adjust antenna!

Hi

I am trying to use MDMA to connect to Cellc using my K3772-z.

I get error 623 when trying to connect. Any help will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ykv View Post
    Hi

I am trying to use MDMA to connect to Cellc using my K3772-z.

I get error 623 when trying to connect. Any help will be appreciated.
    Are you using Windows 7?

If so, you need a connection profile called MDMA - Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre
    click on Change adaptor settings... Right click on a working profile and select Create a Copy
    now rename that copy MDMA.

Job done!
    I spent most of my money on fast cars, fast women and booze. The rest I just squandered...

Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    Are you using Windows 7?

If so, you need a connection profile called MDMA - Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre
    click on Change adaptor settings... Right click on a working profile and select Create a Copy

Job done!
    Thank you very much for the reply. Will try that tonight.

Default MDMA [does Connection Management & USSD Commands & Monitors Signal Strength]

Quote Originally Posted by JimM View Post
    Are you using Windows 7?

Job done!
    Does not work for me as I don't have the option to make a copy only a shortcut.

However, I created a new dial up connection, entered *99# as telephone number, named it MDMA, and finished the wizard. Opened MDMA, then used the mouse to position the cursor after internet in the APN box, pressed spacebar then backspace, [ this activates the save feature for APN ] then saved APN and it works ... , I can now connect/disconnect using MDMA.

Does not work for me as I don't have the option to make a copy only a shortcut.
    Are you sure you are clicking on a dial-up networking connection and not a broadband network adapter?
    Opened MDMA, then used the mouse to position the cursor after internet in the APN box, pressed spacebar then backspace, [ this activates the save feature for APN ] then saved APN and it works
    Saving the APN should not be necessary. The APN is stored in the modem's NVRAM. When MDMA starts up, it reads what is stored there and displays it. So if MDMA is showing you 'internet' after it starts up, then that is what is already stored in the modem's NVRAM.

It is not a dial-up profile, but a dynamic Vodaphone device profile that only seems to exist if my K4605 is plugged in. Before creating a dial-up profile none existed with no modem connected to the computer.

As for the APN, just leaving nothing to chance.

@ginggs

Does it store just one APN or can it store APN for different SIM's. My Vodacom SIM has an unrestricted APN while my 8 SIM has a normal internet APN.

If I use an internet APN with my Vodacom SIM, then it will act as a normal SIM without a unrestricted APN?

It is not a dial-up profile, but a dynamic Vodaphone device profile that only seems to exist if my K4605 is plugged in. Before creating a dial-up profile none existed with no modem connected to the computer.
    Ya, Windows won't let you copy or rename those connections.
    As for the APN, just leaving nothing to chance.
    Next time, leave that step out and let us know if it works.
    Does it store just one APN or can it store APN for different SIM's. My Vodacom SIM has an unrestricted APN while my 8 SIM has a normal internet APN.
    MDMA reads and writes the modem's default APN (used when you dial *99#), so just one.
    The modems do have place to store additional APNs, up to 15 I think. These are used when you dial *99***1# through *99***15#.
    If I use an internet APN with my Vodacom SIM, then it will act as a normal SIM without a unrestricted APN?
    Yes.

To store your second APN in the modem, by example for CID=2
    Code:
    at+cgdcont=?
    +CGDCONT: (1-16),"IP",,,(0-2),(0-4)
    +CGDCONT: (1-16),"PPP",,,(0-2),(0-4)

OK
    at+cgdcont?
    +CGDCONT: 1,"IP","internet","",0,0

OK
    at+cgdcont=2,"IP","myAPN"
    OK
    at+cgdcont?
    +CGDCONT: 1,"IP","internet","",0,0
    +CGDCONT: 2,"IP","myAPN","",0,0

OK
    Create new dialup connection (or copy existing one) and change dialing string to:
    *99***2#
    or
    *98*2#
    Dialing this connetion will activate APN stored in CID=2
    You can also ask ginggs nicely to add command line option for dialing connection with different name than mdma.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast