Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 545 of 547 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547 LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 8201

Thread: Telkom Internet Capped/Uncapped User Feedback (Pt2)

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    I did that with the last SIM, it shows in the screenshot I posted, but I cannot browse. The guy from the shop suggested I try it, even printed out the instructions. I fee for the guy. He's put in a lot of effort and logged numerous tickets on my behalf.
    If you go back, tell him he should look up your acccount on TIMT (if TIMT hasn't been phased out in favour of the agent-facing features in customerportal), which must show the SIMs. If he doesn't know what TIMT is, I'll send you a PM of what he can try next to get in touch wiyh someone who can help or point him to guides).
    Nothing I post on this forum represents the views of the company I work for (or used to).
    Note: I no longer work in the telecommunications or ISP sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraC View Post
    What does it show if you use the following link? https://apps.telkom.co.za/access-man.../view/mytelkom
    B3100 xxxx - RTBR - B3100 xxxx
    012347 xxx - RTVC - 012347 xxx
    TIN31xxxx - TISP - TIN31xxxx
    CT00 xxx - TERM - CT00xxc
    065 xxxxxx - FMOB - 065 xxxxxx

Last 065 is sim card. No idea what rest means.

From telkom eservices

B3100 xxxx - RTBR - B3100 xxx

0123 xxx - RTVC - 0123 xxxx
    TIN314 xxxx - TISP - TIN314 xxxx
    CT00 xxxx - TERM - CT00 xxxx
    065 xxxx - FMOB - 065 xxxx

Assume RTBR refers to modem or router
    TISP refers to telkom being ISP
    TERM refers to contract?
    FMOB - refers to simcard but as stands for IDS or what?
    Last edited by adielk; 06-10-2017 at 06:18 AM.

Anyone else having pathetic connection speeds on 10meg lines in Durban area? Been like this for nearly a week and a half now. Streaming is virtually impossible. Used to be awesome, now it starts about 7pm and is just... not usable anymore.

last 2 days i am only getting 2mbps on my 40 meg after 12

Quote Originally Posted by adielk View Post
    From telkom eservices
    /Snip
    FMOB - refers to simcard but as stands for IDS or what?
    Correct. It is also the quickest way to verify if your Integrated Data SIM is linked to your DSL service.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraC View Post
    Correct. It is also the quickest way to verify if your Integrated Data SIM is linked to your DSL service.
    Thanks now I at least know sim is using my fibre

Hi. Iím in Cape Town. Telkom called me about their new fibre option. R599 for 4 Mbps line plus deee line rental and telkom calls. Sounds like a good deal. Dip is 360 gb whixh is more than enough. My question is if the line speed is good enough because we currently on Adsl 4 Mbps. How does it compare. And I donít want to sign a contract because data prices are falling so I must buy my own modem. Which one do you suggest and where do I buy it online takealot or loot ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taheera View Post
    Hi. Iím in Cape Town. Telkom called me about their new fibre option. R599 for 4 Mbps line plus deee line rental and telkom calls. Sounds like a good deal. Dip is 360 gb whixh is more than enough. My question is if the line speed is good enough because we currently on Adsl 4 Mbps. How does it compare. And I donít want to sign a contract because data prices are falling so I must buy my own modem. Which one do you suggest and where do I buy it online takealot or loot ? Thanks
    Fibre is more stable and you thus get speed closer to your 4mbps. Modem router is sold at Telkom store. Sure you might even add it to bill.

Quote Originally Posted by taheera View Post
    Hi. I’m in Cape Town. Telkom called me about their new fibre option. R599 for 4 Mbps line plus deee line rental and telkom calls. Sounds like a good deal. Dip is 360 gb whixh is more than enough. My question is if the line speed is good enough because we currently on Adsl 4 Mbps. How does it compare. And I don’t want to sign a contract because data prices are falling so I must buy my own modem. Which one do you suggest and where do I buy it online takealot or loot ? Thanks
    Your latency and download speed will be slightly better, your upload speed will quadruple to ~1.9Mbs.
    Nightsurfer (00:00-07:00) does not count towards the fup so you can do another 360gb in that time over a month.
    You also get free calls to telkom land&mobile numbers and you get 1GB of free mobile data.
    With fibre you also don't have issues associated with copper cabling.

Whatever router you deside on ensure it has a ethernet wan port (ewan)
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

What's the process to cancel a Telkom ADSL and analog line, must you give 30 days notice, can you cancel any time or must it be at the end of a month?
    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.

Might be a doff question, my ip address keeps on changing, happens at least once a day.

Not sure if it's a line issue or a router issue?

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Innes View Post
    Might be a doff question, my ip address keeps on changing, happens at least once a day.

Not sure if it's a line issue or a router issue?
    should only change if you turn your router off for more then an hour or so, other then that should only change once or twice a month, unless you are referring to your devices ip address then check your router settings
    Some times the internet is so slow, it would be faster to just fly to Google's headquarters and ask them this $h1t in person.!

Quote Originally Posted by isie View Post
    should only change if you turn your router off for more then an hour or so, other then that should only change once or twice a month, unless you are referring to your devices ip address then check your router settings
    Nope router isn't been turned off, it's flipping annoying. Have to update smartdnsproxy ip address every couple of hours.

Only been happening since my line upgrade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 545 of 547 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547 LastLast