Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MWEB: Reset Password

Default MWEB: Reset Password

I've lost my password for my MWEB account. Problem is - I don't use MWEB's email address, and cannot log into the webmail because the password is missing, and I don't have axxess to a fax machine to send in the form and copy of ID.

How do I get my password reset? It actually seems easier to cancel the account and get a new one. Somewhere else. Where they can SMS me my password. Or send it to a secondary mail address.

I went through the same nonsense last year. Eventually I found out that I can email the request to [email protected]
    The form you need should be available on their site, but the email address is some sort of secret. I do however suggest you call them and verify the above email since you're sending your ID there (a ridiculous requirement in my opinion for a simple password reset).

Quote Originally Posted by Glingfram View Post
    I've lost my password for my MWEB account. Problem is - I don't use MWEB's email address, and cannot log into the webmail because the password is missing, and I don't have axxess to a fax machine to send in the form and copy of ID.

How do I get my password reset? It actually seems easier to cancel the account and get a new one. Somewhere else. Where they can SMS me my password. Or send it to a secondary mail address.
    Hi,

The password process was designed this way to protect both you and MWEB.
    Please drop me a PM with your MWEB account info, I'll check this out from my side.

If you would like me to send the form to alternate email address, also include that address.
    Last edited by MWEBHelp; 10-04-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    I went through the same nonsense last year. Eventually I found out that I can email the request to [email protected]
    The form you need should be available on their site, but the email address is some sort of secret. I do however suggest you call them and verify the above email since you're sending your ID there (a ridiculous requirement in my opinion for a simple password reset).
    Hi

I can assure you that the address above is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MWEB Guy View Post
    Hi

I can assure you that the address above is correct.
    Thanks for the response! It's definitely workable to email the stuff through. The main gripe was the fact that a customer must fax the documents through.

But in terms of security - most accounts are line locked these days, so it's already secure. Also, a password reset would disconnect the accounts connection, so the holder would know something's up.

But I do see that accounts can have an OTP sent to a cell number. If I'd known this, it'd be much easier.

Again, thanks for the response guys, I'll send the mail through to the above address.

@MWebHelp Please PM me so I may discuss my issue. Thanking you kindly JohnC

Quote Originally Posted by John.Coetzer View Post
    @MWebHelp Please PM me so I may discuss my issue. Thanking you kindly JohnC
    Good Day, we have now sent you a private message.

+ Reply to Thread