Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Use PC to phone from Cell Phone number

  1. #16

    Default

    I can plug a standard telkom phone into my ZTE LTE router.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    I can plug a standard telkom phone into my ZTE LTE router.
    That is likely for sip/h323 configuration, to make calls via VoIP, not if you want want to use the actual sim to make and receive calls.

    So you need a sip provider.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranpanji View Post
    That is likely for sip/h323 configuration, to make calls via VoIP, not if you want want to use the actual sim to make and receive calls.

    So you need a sip provider.
    http://download.ztedevices.com/UpLoa...1314351363.pdf

    Seems to make standard gsm calls from what i am reading.
    I'll See if i can find a phone to plug in and test.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    http://download.ztedevices.com/UpLoa...1314351363.pdf

    Seems to make standard gsm calls from what i am reading.
    I'll See if i can find a phone to plug in and test.
    Yup, you are right....quite surprising that! The only ZTE router i used was using CDMA in another country, and it has the sip config only. This one seems to be using the sim, as when you are trying to call on 2g, you cant run data and voice at the same time. Keep up posted on whether it works.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranpanji View Post
    Yup, you are right....quite surprising that! The only ZTE router i used was using CDMA in another country, and it has the sip config only. This one seems to be using the sim, as when you are trying to call on 2g, you cant run data and voice at the same time. Keep up posted on whether it works.
    Will do.

    This is by far the best cellular router I have ever bought.
    Picks up the slightest signal and gives me at least 3g
    I have run it for about a week without turning it off and did not lose signal or 3g connectivity once.
    I have gone from getting around 450ms ping and .2Mbps to having a stable 30ms ping and about 4mbps download at home (on a plot and quite far from the closest tower).

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sime View Post
    I currently switched over to 8ta LTE I have the sim card plugged into a LTE usb dongle, I recharged with a R1000 rand data and got R1000 bonus airtime, my question is is there a way to phone Landlines and cell phones from my computer using my simcard in LTE usb modem instead of taking the simcard out and putting it in a cell phone every time I want to make a call, I did think of linking 2 sim cards together but telkom will only do that if I am on contract, can anyone suggest a program that I can use to phone from my pc using my cellphone number
    K firstly you will have to unlock your usb dongle to allow voice activation. once this is done you can use Huawei dashboard to dail a number and use Comp mike and speakers to do phone call

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    Will do.

    This is by far the best cellular router I have ever bought.
    Picks up the slightest signal and gives me at least 3g
    I have run it for about a week without turning it off and did not lose signal or 3g connectivity once.
    I have gone from getting around 450ms ping and .2Mbps to having a stable 30ms ping and about 4mbps download at home (on a plot and quite far from the closest tower).
    Please share where you bought it & how much was it?
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Please share where you bought it & how much was it?
    Vodacom and total of about R220pm with 2gb data. I bolted another gig on for an extra 79 while vodacom had that special going.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Can't phone cell number *stalker*
    By Axe in forum Cellular: Mobile Phones, Call Contracts, Content, MMS and SMS
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. Cell Phone number please?
    By psheldon in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
  3. Caller’s number not being sent to my cell phone
    By AndyHiggins in forum Cellular: Mobile Phones, Call Contracts, Content, MMS and SMS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-08-2009, 12:34 PM
  4. Cell phone number prefixes?
    By Milano in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
  5. I.p.phone Number For Cell C
    By RYANAEA in forum Cell C Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, 3G, EDGE, GPRS and BIS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-05-2006, 06:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •