Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easiest method of CellC Sim Swop?

Question Easiest method of CellC Sim Swop?

Good morning,

My CellC sim card seems to have gone bonkers for some reason, I have no idea why. It just loses connection and my phone reports no sim card after a while. If I use another sim card everything is fine again.

What is the easiest method for me to do a sim swop? Can I just purchase another prepaid sim and slap it in and do something? Or do I really need to go in store and go through the whole procedure.

I'm on prepaid with this sim card.

Thank you.
    |The Good News: Jesus will return on the clouds of heaven. Matthew 24.|

Quote Originally Posted by |tera| View Post
    Good morning,

My CellC sim card seems to have gone bonkers for some reason, I have no idea why. It just loses connection and my phone reports no sim card after a while. If I use another sim card everything is fine again.

What is the easiest method for me to do a sim swop? Can I just purchase another prepaid sim and slap it in and do something? Or do I really need to go in store and go through the whole procedure.

I'm on prepaid with this sim card.

Thank you.

Hi |tera|, It seems the sim card might be faulty. You can buy a .99 cent sim card, don't RICA. PM me your alternative number, Cell C number and new sim card RICA serial number . I will will process the sim swap for you. *DM*

Grandmaster

winner winner chicken dinner. go cell c

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi |tera|, It seems the sim card might be faulty. You can buy a .99 cent sim card, don't RICA. PM me your alternative number, Cell C number and new sim card RICA serial number . I will will process the sim swap for you. *DM*
    Hi DM, currently having very similar difficulties... any chance you could assist? My sim was damaged when attempting to insert it into a cheap and nasty huawei, as my Nokia had been giving issues.

I'm sitting with a phone I can't use, a new unnumbered, unrica'd sim and a truck load of boredom as I can't do anything with either! Please assist! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyct View Post
    Hi DM, currently having very similar difficulties... any chance you could assist? My sim was damaged when attempting to insert it into a cheap and nasty huawei, as my Nokia had been giving issues.

I'm sitting with a phone I can't use, a new unnumbered, unrica'd sim and a truck load of boredom as I can't do anything with either! Please assist! :-)
    Hi Fluffyct, please pm me the new un'RICA'd sim and your contact details. We'll call you for a security check and swap the sim for you. *DM*

Default Thanks

Hi Fluffyct, please pm me the new un'RICA'd sim and your contact details. We'll call you for a security check and swap the sim for you. *DM*
    Doing so now... unfortunately I'm only contactable on my alternate number after 5pm every day, hope it's not an inconvenience

Thanks to Cell C and call center agent Thapelo for great service!!!!

Many thanks for your assistance with my SIM swap troubles!

#cell_c #bestserviceever #don'tletthebillboardfoolyou ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyct View Post
    Thanks to Cell C and call center agent Thapelo for great service!!!!

Many thanks for your assistance with my SIM swap troubles!

#cell_c #bestserviceever #don'tletthebillboardfoolyou ;-)
    Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate it. *DM*

Default Sim Swop Horror

Hello...... I've been struggling for 2 days to do a sim swop with 2 new sims cards thats Rica'd & i really dont need a new number for my clients.Where can i get a sim card thats not Rica'd ?.... HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MizzB View Post
    Hello...... I've been struggling for 2 days to do a sim swop with 2 new sims cards thats Rica'd & i really dont need a new number for my clients.Where can i get a sim card thats not Rica'd ?.... HELP PLEASE!!!!!
    Hi MizzB

Also check Shoprite or Pick & Pay. PM me the serial number and your contact details. We'll process the sim swap asap.

Regards
    Cell C | DM

Also check Shoprite or Pick & Pay. PM me the serial number and your contact details. We'll process the sim swap asap.
    @Cell C Rep - Why is Cell C unable to perform a SIM swap on RICAed SIM?
    Vodacom allows you to do a SIM swap to a newly RICAed SIM card within 24 hours of it being inserted into a phone.
    3G South Africa for LoRa Gateways & Modules

Order your FREE Advinne SIM Card for UNLIMITED FREE on-net cellphone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by WireFree View Post
    @Cell C Rep - Why is Cell C unable to perform a SIM swap on RICAed SIM?
    Vodacom allows you to do a SIM swap to a newly RICAed SIM card within 24 hours of it being inserted into a phone.
    Hi WireFree

When you RICA. The sim generates a number, hence we are unable to process a sim swap.

Regards
    Cell C | DM

When you RICA. The sim generates a number, hence we are unable to process a sim swap.
    That's the same with Vodacom - you get a new number after you RICA, but you can do a Vodacom SIM swap within 24 hours of inserting the SIM card in your phone. The new number given to the new SIM card is replaced with your old number after you phone Vodacom customer care.

MTN also lets you SIM swap after RICA.

Try it and C for Yourself.
    Last edited by WireFree; 24-04-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    3G South Africa for LoRa Gateways & Modules

Order your FREE Advinne SIM Card for UNLIMITED FREE on-net cellphone calls.

Default SIM FAULTY

It seems the sim card might be faulty. I bought a sim card, (didn't RICA it).

I tried twice to do a sim swap but unfortunately I can't answer all the questions right because I don't now how much airtime I bought the last time and when, I don't now how much data I have on my phone when the sim get faulty. The last 3 numbers that I have phone, well Cell C said only 2 is right. I normally use whatsapp so really I don't now all 3 numbers that I phoned the last time : - (

I am more than a week now without a sim and I really don't have time to get to Cell C during the week.

Can you please help!!!

Checkers Port Elizabeth refused to sell a sim card without Rica it immediately at their store.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast