Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 405 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 6071

Thread: What game are you playing now ?

Quote Originally Posted by RokSwaab View Post
    I just couldn't get into that dry, gray looking world tbh.
    Same. I played it for like 7 hours and never switched it on again.

Only now??!! XD Seriously though, the DLCs are great. Heart Of Stone has the better story (imo) while Blood and Wine offers more replay value. Combined I got about 36 hours which is more or less the length of Witcher 2 if you do everything you can. Blood and Wine could maybe be stretched to 30-40 hours if you take your sweet time. It's almost a standalone witcher experience tbh.
    I originally bought the GOTY Edition to play the DLCs but decided, what the hell, its such a fantastic game and played it again. Taking a break because I'm doing Dark Souls 3 at the moment but now with the patch released I'm glad I didn't do the DLCs yet.
    DEL PythonFSi

Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    I originally bought the GOTY Edition to play the DLCs but decided, what the hell, its such a fantastic game and played it again. Taking a break because I'm doing Dark Souls 3 at the moment but now with the patch released I'm glad I didn't do the DLCs yet.
    I still need to play the DkS3 DLCs man. The hollow arena is worth it alone. Yeah I get what you mean about patch. You'll get a much better experience now with the graphical upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    Patch released yesterday for The Witcher 3 on PS4 for Pro.

Time to start the 2 DLCs.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Playing Cuphead at the moment. It's such a great game. I'm thinking of making some tutorial vids for youtube.

Grandmaster

Ya it's a bit unfortunate that CDPR are lacking in the gameplay department but as a whole, they definitely raised the bar when it comes to RPGs. Throughout my entire run, the game never felt like a chore to play. If you look at it in terms of absolutes, the questing isn't THAT different from other RPGs but CDPR took their time to make each quest feel unique by writing solid stories. Back in 2015, I remember I played Inquistion (my first Dragon Age game) and thought to myself this was a great game. Fastforward a few months, Witcher 3 came out and in hindsight I realized the game wasn't that great. I just hope that other devs such as Bethesda and Bioware change up their formula a bit and try to reach that bar set by witcher. Of course there are plenty of other great RPGs though besides Witcher such as Pillars Of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin etc.
    Yeah, what we need is Skyrim type open ended character development and gameplay but with The Witcher 3 graphics, polish and quest diversity. The Witcher 3 did raise the bar quite high for RPG's which is great because it will make Bethesda put a lot more effort in the Elder Scrolls game.

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanZ View Post
    The Witcher 3 did raise the bar quite high for RPG's which is great because it will make Bethesda put a lot more effort in the Elder Scrolls game.
    You can't use the words Bethesda and effort in the same sentence
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    You can't use the words Bethesda and effort in the same sentence
    Yep. Bethesda ruined the Fallout series, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Yep. Bethesda ruined the Fallout series, imho.
    This is the truth.

Yeah, what we need is Skyrim type open ended character development and gameplay but with The Witcher 3 graphics, polish and quest diversity. The Witcher 3 did raise the bar quite high for RPG's which is great because it will make Bethesda put a lot more effort in the Elder Scrolls game.
    Hmm I don't remember enjoying the skyrim gameplay. Witcher 3's combat is more fun.
    They could change it to DS style combat, but I think that would be too slow for what a witcher is supposed to be.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian, Conan View Post
    Hmm I don't remember enjoying the skyrim gameplay. Witcher 3's combat is more fun.
    They could change it to DS style combat, but I think that would be too slow for what a witcher is supposed to be.
    Skyrim animations were bad but you could sneak and use magic/bows. i.e. play the game in completely different ways. The Witcher 3 is too focused on swordplay and the skills don't really change the way you play.

Gwent. The Open Beta is getting better and better. I've last played in closed Beta, only now decided to try it again and it has changed, for the better, a lot.
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Skyrim animations were bad but you could sneak and use magic/bows. i.e. play the game in completely different ways. The Witcher 3 is too focused on swordplay and the skills don't really change the way you play.
    Witcher 3 is also drastically overrated, but not too many people agree with me on that.

I'm OK with witcher focussing on swordplay. It fits the character in the story. Skyrim wants to give you too many options, and then leaves itself open to imbalances. That said, what bored me with skyrim wasn't the gameplay. That was just unremarkable, but not bad. It was me getting bored wandering around the world. It felt unfocussed. Some people love that, it just wasn't for me.
    Witcher has the open world, but manages to keep the focus. It is one of very few games where I have heard amazing things about it, and it still exceeded my expectations. The ES games (and FO 3, haven't played 4) were a letdown for me. I play games once, so don't care for replayability. Or getting all the achievements. I just want to have my only playthrough challenge me and keep me engaged for 100% of the time.

Witcher 3 is also drastically overrated, but not too many people agree with me on that.
    It's by no means perfect, but I'm 60 hours in, and not yet close to bored. Each quest still interests me. The most glaring flaw at the moment is that it is a bit on the easy side if you do all the side quests, even on max difficulty.

I agree.
    I think the way to overcome environmental problems is with technology. What else are we going to use sticks?
    Bjork

+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 405 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405 LastLast