Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: The Poynting antenna discussion thread

Red face Poynting Antenna's

where can i Buy poynting antenna's ? "Signal Boosters" for A HUAWEI B593 LTE Router? how can i find their branches? throughout the western cape

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Haniel View Post
    Hello Everyone i live in Cape Town
    i have bought 100 Gigs of Data from Vodacom "Not Business" for myself i dont have a 4G LTE Router like HUAWEI B593 but i want to know where can i buy A 4G LTE Router or LTE Advanced Router with Poynting Anntenas XPOL 1 + XPOL 2 where is the closest place i can go to buy Poynting antenna's and a LTE Advanced Router?
    Your best bet might be takealot.com.
    You can certainly buy the Huawei B315 (plain LTE) modem/router and most of the Poynting antennas and accessories there.
    As yet, takealot don't stock the Huawei E5186 (LTE-A) modem/router, but you can shop around for one.
    Last edited by jcheek; 24-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    Peplink Balance20 dual-WAN router | Telkom 40Mbps FTTH + WebAfrica 200GB (primary), Huawei B593 + Cell C LTE (failover)

Quote Originally Posted by jcheek View Post
    Your best bet might be takealot.com.
    You can certainly buy the Huawei B315 (plain LTE) modem/router and most of the Poynting antennas and accessories there.
    As yet, takealot don't stock the Huawei E5186 (LTE-A) modem/router, but you can shop around for one.
    dude do i have to get the Poynting Antenna Box and the Things that point outwards together with the signal booster box? i dont know where the mobile tower is for Muizenberg "vodacom" or lakeside!

https://www.takealot.com/seller/poyn...t?sellers=2363

https://www.takealot.com/dual-polari...e/PLID34148767

Works great with Telkom and I found that it does a decent job on Vodacom and MTN 1800Mhz But I don't think it's ideal but does work great.

https://www.takealot.com/poynting-hi...a/PLID34148751

Two of them might work better if aligned and spaced correctly on the pole.

Free Shipping on all those antennas.

i did a speedtest with FDCServers using Internet download manager i get 1.25 megabytes or more on 4G LTE only using A Vodafone R216 MiFi Router ducktaped on the window i get 1 bar signal Constant 4G 1.25 megabytes or more im happy i get Super Excellent upload speeds so i can upload a really big files using a HTML page in a short amount of time i still need a 4G LTE Advanced router to port forward.

i dont need signal boosters

Hi All,

Who here signed up for the LTE uncapped deal, thought the connection was FANTASTIC the first month and then slowly degraded? And then, who got the Poynting antenna afterwards and what difference did it make?

Our LTE connection went from 35Mbps in the mornings and 15Mbps in the afternoons (first month) and slowly degraded to 15Mbps in the morning, 5Mbps in the afternoon and NO (yes, f**kall) connection after 6PM.

I want to go and buy the antenna today but don't want to waste money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gezza View Post
    Hi All,

Who here signed up for the LTE uncapped deal, thought the connection was FANTASTIC the first month and then slowly degraded? And then, who got the Poynting antenna afterwards and what difference did it make?

Our LTE connection went from 35Mbps in the mornings and 15Mbps in the afternoons (first month) and slowly degraded to 15Mbps in the morning, 5Mbps in the afternoon and NO (yes, f**kall) connection after 6PM.

I want to go and buy the antenna today but don't want to waste money.
    I have the same experience, except that I have the Poynting antenna (supplied and installed by Telkom).

I used to get 35Mbps and it is down to anything between 10 and 17Mbps, using either internal or external antennas.

Hi All,

Needing a bit of help. I have a B315 and Xpol 0006 antenna. I have spent quite a bit of time tweaking my antenna and setup. I was getting 60Mbps on the 2300Mhz band, but now it seems to have dropped quite a bit to around 20Mbps as well as my signal seems to be down in strength as well. So I have reverted back to the 1800Mhz band at around 30Mbps.

I am not sure why the 2300Mhz band has dropped so much over the last 2 months, below is what I am getting

2300mhz
    RSRP : 84 dBm
    SINR : 8 db

1800Mhz
    RSRP : 69 dBm
    SINR : 14- 16db

I have a 2km clear line of sight to my Tower. I am on a hill and the tower is below my house. The Xpol 0006 has the cable shortened to 3m. Any ideas/suggestions on how I get a stronger signal on the 2300Mhz band ? It has crossed my mind to perhaps upgrade to the LPDA-92.

Thoughts ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brennancarey View Post
    Hi All,

Needing a bit of help. I have a B315 and Xpol 0006 antenna. I have spent quite a bit of time tweaking my antenna and setup. I was getting 60Mbps on the 2300Mhz band, but now it seems to have dropped quite a bit to around 20Mbps as well as my signal seems to be down in strength as well. So I have reverted back to the 1800Mhz band at around 30Mbps.

I am not sure why the 2300Mhz band has dropped so much over the last 2 months, below is what I am getting

2300mhz
    RSRP : 84 dBm
    SINR : 8 db

1800Mhz
    RSRP : 69 dBm
    SINR : 14- 16db

I have a 2km clear line of sight to my Tower. I am on a hill and the tower is below my house. The Xpol 0006 has the cable shortened to 3m. Any ideas/suggestions on how I get a stronger signal on the 2300Mhz band ? It has crossed my mind to perhaps upgrade to the LPDA-92.

Thoughts ? Thanks
    suffering the same kind of issue, speed has dropped substantially on the 2300Mhz band, but the difference for me on the 1800mhz band is that it is almost unusable most of the time, sometimes getting up to ~10 mbps

I'll check how my SINR and RSRP look when I get home

I'd love to hear the solution if you ever get one.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    suffering the same kind of issue, speed has dropped substantially on the 2300Mhz band, but the difference for me on the 1800mhz band is that it is almost unusable most of the time, sometimes getting up to ~10 mbps

I'll check how my SINR and RSRP look when I get home

I'd love to hear the solution if you ever get one.

yes would be interesting to hear your numbers. Was hoping some of the local experts could give some ideas but it seems a bit quiet around here ??

Morning, have the Huawei b315 whose signal bars change between 2 and 3. In Lonehill area. Download speeds are max 10mbps best. Thinking that an antenna would assist in stabilizing and improving the situation and would appreciate recommendation on which one. Currently looking at either A-OMNI-0069-V3 or A-XPOL-0002-V2?? Thanks
    Last edited by cecilh; 03-11-2017 at 09:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627