Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MDMA set up - How to connect once software is installed

Default MDMA set up - How to connect once software is installed

Hi
    I have a Vodafone K4605 USB dongle. I have 2 data sim cards - 1 with Vodacom and now a 2nd contract with Cell C.

The Cell C one wont work in the modem and I read up and found out about the MDMA software which I have downloaded.

The problem is that I can now connect on both SIM cards through MDMA but it is not an active connection so it doesn't 'receive' data although it shows that it sends??

Please can someone advise me how to complete or configure this so that I can use both SIM cards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenB View Post
    Hi
    I have a Vodafone K4605 USB dongle. I have 2 data sim cards - 1 with Vodacom and now a 2nd contract with Cell C.

The Cell C one wont work in the modem and I read up and found out about the MDMA software which I have downloaded.

The problem is that I can now connect on both SIM cards through MDMA but it is not an active connection so it doesn't 'receive' data although it shows that it sends??

Please can someone advise me how to complete or configure this so that I can use both SIM cards.

Thanks
    Hi there, hopefully I can be of assistance.

I assume based on your post that the MDMA application shows that the network is detected and receiver a signal? The first thing then would be to make sure the APN is correctly specified. In the MDMA window you will see a box where you can manually specify the static APN to be used. For both Voda and Cell C this should be set to "internet" (without quotes).If the APN hasn't been set, fill it in as I just stated and try connect again.

If this fails to work, you need to change the connection mode in MDMA from NDIS to RAS. However, before you do this you need to manually create a dialup entry in windows.

1. Open Control Panel --> and Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center.

NOTE: If viewing by icons, click Network and Sharing Center.

2. Click on the Set up a new connection or network option.
    3. Click on Connect to the Internet.
    4. Click Dial-up .
    5. Enter the *99# as the Dial-up phone number.
    6. Enter anything into the Username and Password boxes.
    7. For Connection name, name your connection MDMA
    8. Click the Connect option to dial your new dial-up connection and then click Skip when given the option. This will also save this connection for future use.

Before running MDMA again, make sure you have no other applications or dashboards open that might be using your device’s communications port. You can use Ctrl-Alt-Del to pop up the Windows Task Manager, and in the Processes tab at the top, select the dashboard application, service names to look out for are 'DCservice.exe', 'Vodafone Mobile Broadband Service' 'VMBService' and 'UI Assistant Service' etc, and click on the End Task button for each of them. Now go back to the MDMA application and click Connect.

Let me know if this got you going. If not, I'll advise you on how to debrand your modem and run a generic connection manager from the manufacturer.

:-)

+ Reply to Thread