Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Splitting International and Local Bandwidth with IPcop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zabzoo View Post
    The first thing I did was get rid of the splitting when I got my Mweb uncapped account - what is the point of using two different accounts, since traffic no matter routher through which account makes any difference, the bandwidth remains the same; Unless I suppose if you have those new 10Mb lines and mweb is only 4Mb then you could use "another account"

Just my 2c's worth
    Thank for 2c's. I want to download using bittorrent but mweb is so heavily shaped even during off peak, despite what they say.

Before I get a barrage about torrents. I use them for legit purposes. I'm trying to download the latest Mandriva release through torrent and its hardly moving.

So....I want my desktop to download the torrent using Telkom 9G at 4Mb and Mweb 512kb on my laptop for day to day. Why do I still have the two......because I can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    I'm not sure if IPCop supports PPPoE Pass-through, because then you can just dial the separate accounts from the PC's instead of dialing them from IPCop.
    This way is definitely easier, but it would make the point of IPCop almost obsolete
    Quite agree, don't want to do this if I can avoid it.

It all boils down to wanting to do this rather than having to do it. I like playing!

Thanks to everyone that replied, I am still learning about routing and know the basics but still have a LOT to learn. I will carry on and post my results here if I win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iandale View Post
    because I can!
    The best reason for doing anything Please do share, it would be interesting!
    Visit Share-Tip-On Blog, useful things to know about SharePoint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iandale View Post
    Thank for 2c's. I want to download using bittorrent but mweb is so heavily shaped even during off peak, despite what they say.

Before I get a barrage about torrents. I use them for legit purposes. I'm trying to download the latest Mandriva release through torrent and its hardly moving.

So....I want my desktop to download the torrent using Telkom 9G at 4Mb and Mweb 512kb on my laptop for day to day. Why do I still have the two......because I can!

Quite agree, don't want to do this if I can avoid it.

It all boils down to wanting to do this rather than having to do it. I like playing!

Thanks to everyone that replied, I am still learning about routing and know the basics but still have a LOT to learn. I will carry on and post my results here if I win.
    I was driving home the other day and I thought about what you are doing - I can't say that I know much about routing, however what I did do at a stage was to use my IPCopy firewall with Dial-up (PPPOE) and then on the router plug the "downloading" pc in. Dial on that one, then you will have the seperated functionality, without the pain just an afterthought!
    Visit Share-Tip-On Blog, useful things to know about SharePoint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ja thats what I have right now. I dial the other account on my adsl modem/router but it is quite basic and doesn't have a built in firewall so still have the problem of having to have a decent firewall on the PC.

Keep throwing in the 2c's, I need a loaf of bread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314