Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: The Huawei E5186 LTE-A discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by jcheek View Post
    Do we gather that you actually have an E5186, darkshadow ?
    If so, which sub-model - E5186-s61a, or -s22 ?
    @jcheek - Sorry for only coming back to you now, was a bit under the weather the last week. I do in fact use a E5186-s61a Telkom router on Telkom LTE atm, because my ADSL is $h!t. Was still trying to get my hands on a Rain LTE sim to test and then yesterday they started digging trenches in my complex for fibre

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    @jcheek - Sorry for only coming back to you now, was a bit under the weather the last week. I do in fact use a E5186-s61a Telkom router on Telkom LTE atm, because my ADSL is $h!t. Was still trying to get my hands on a Rain LTE sim to test ...
    Hehe no worries. Did you ever get to do your Rain test ?

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    ... and then yesterday they started digging trenches in my complex for fibre
    Congrats!
    If it's Openserve who's trenching, then make this your next stop
    Peplink Balance20 dual-WAN router | Telkom 40Mbps FTTH + WebAfrica 200GB (primary), Huawei B593 + Cell C LTE (failover)

Question... (sorry if it's a silly one)

Would my signal get better or worse if I placed my router in the roof?
    it's hidden behind a TV at the moment and not getting good signal strength (to hide how ugly it looks and help with my cable free setup)

Currently using my LTE router as a modem only and plugged into the WAN port of a better Netgear router. (Works better, looks better and fits nicely in my TV unit)

https://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/ Someone Do A speedtest with Their LTE Advanced to the UK. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by CooperX View Post
    https://www.speedguide.net/speedtest/ Someone Do A speedtest with Their LTE Advanced to the UK. Please.
    Please post speed tests in the relevant (sticky) thread for each network provider, not here.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Please post speed tests in the relevant (sticky) thread for each network provider, not here.
    here https://www.speedguide.net/speedtest...hp?host=telkom change the provider name at the end of the link

Quote Originally Posted by CooperX View Post
    here https://www.speedguide.net/speedtest...hp?host=telkom change the provider name at the end of the link
    It looks OK, so why is your post?

Anyone know how to get a VPN configured on the B315? The box says "VPN Passthrough" on the feature icons, but on guidance in the manual / FAQ and the admin login has no obvious place to enter VPN credentials

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Anyone know how to get a VPN configured on the B315? The box says "VPN Passthrough" on the feature icons, but on guidance in the manual / FAQ and the admin login has no obvious place to enter VPN credentials
    None of the current Huawei LTE routers have VPN, AFAIK.
    VPN Passthrough feature is helping VPN software running on your LAN, not on the router. See: http://www.home-network-help.com/vpn-pass-through.html

Super Grandmaster

Can these routers give LTE throughput in a non-LTE A area on a Telkom contract now? On the 1st page this was listed as not possible.
    Our choices are not always our own to make.

Switching over to fibre after my LTE inconsistency finally became too much for me and my contract is coming to an end (plus they just installed fibre).

One question, I am going to be using the standard d-link router AC1200 that Afrihost give you, is it feasible to use the E5186 as a wifi repeater? Switching my LTE to prepaid as a fall back in case fibre stops working and not sure if the D-link has a sim slot for that but otherwise it would be ideal if I could use the Huawei as my fall back option slash repeater to strengthen wifi signal.

Default The Huawei E5186 LTE-A discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Can these routers give LTE throughput in a non-LTE A area on a Telkom contract now? On the 1st page this was listed as not possible.
    Indeed they can. I don’t get LTE-A and use this router.

Quote Originally Posted by teamed209 View Post
    Switching over to fibre after my LTE inconsistency finally became too much for me and my contract is coming to an end (plus they just installed fibre).

One question, I am going to be using the standard d-link router AC1200 that Afrihost give you, is it feasible to use the E5186 as a wifi repeater? Switching my LTE to prepaid as a fall back in case fibre stops working and not sure if the D-link has a sim slot for that but otherwise it would be ideal if I could use the Huawei as my fall back option slash repeater to strengthen wifi signal.
    This is not possible, I’m afraid. There is no option to allow for this. You’d have to look at one of D-Link’s or Huawei’s repeater product options.
    Last edited by Azimuth; 17-10-2017 at 01:29 AM.
    Ubiquiti Custom Network | RocketNet Apollo 100 Home Uncapped Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth View Post
    Indeed they can. I don’t get LTE-A and use this router.

This is not possible, I’m afraid. There is no option to allow for this. You’d have to look at one of D-Link’s or Huawei’s repeater product options.
    Thanks, not even sure if I need a repeater because my fibre isn't live as yet but tend to stream netflix etc from other rooms in the house so weak signal will be an issue and I understand the Dlink AC1200 5Ghz throughput is not great through walls etc.

On a side note, is there any signal interruption with having two routers is close proximity?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920