Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Sonic Wireless

Upgraded to 8mbps at the end of November and liking the speed quite a bit better than 5mbps. At 8mbps I'm generally getting better thoughput compared to 10mbps ADSL that I had. Our initial setup issues on the new node has disappeared over time now. I just now have concerns with international bandwidth and throughput, Sonic Wireless seems very slow compared to local traffic, I've checked this on Speedtest.net to various points across the globe. Usually I get about half the rate 2-5mbps internationally vs 8mbps locally. Latency is still pretty good. Anybody else having the same issues?

Eish... I'm desperate to chuck Telkom (and dstv) so looking for a decent alternative, and Sonic was it... Now I'm not so sure...

Looked at Amoeba, but their business practices hav put me off...

Any other options?

so over the last few weeks i was in EXACTLY the same predicament (telephone cables got stolen about 2 months ago...no fixes as yet so I cancelled my 4mbps ADSL line with telkom). Amobia did come out to do LOS survey test, but it was a balls up (which afterwards i was quite happy for, because i started reading more and more scary stuff about them on the forums).

I was also considering Sonic Wireless, but looked for other alternatives as I didnt want to pay their installation cost. Found a company in Milnerton CPT called "KAB Technologies" ------ they are coming to install everything this coming thursday so will let u know how that goes

- 24 month option ------ installation free (the one i took)
    - 12 month option ----- R1500
    - month to month - R2800

4mbps and 10mbps line options look good. They have capped and uncapped with FUPs in place. I went for a 4mbps 100GB capped package for R650 per month so lets see how that goes

10mbps uncapped package is R1050 per month. FUP around 500GB's

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Great Gatsby View Post
    so over the last few weeks i was in EXACTLY the same predicament (telephone cables got stolen about 2 months ago...no fixes as yet so I cancelled my 4mbps ADSL line with telkom). Amobia did come out to do LOS survey test, but it was a balls up (which afterwards i was quite happy for, because i started reading more and more scary stuff about them on the forums).

I was also considering Sonic Wireless, but looked for other alternatives as I didnt want to pay their installation cost. Found a company in Milnerton CPT called "KAB Technologies" ------ they are coming to install everything this coming thursday so will let u know how that goes

- 24 month option ------ installation free (the one i took)
    - 12 month option ----- R1500
    - month to month - R2800

4mbps and 10mbps line options look good. They have capped and uncapped with FUPs in place. I went for a 4mbps 100GB capped package for R650 per month so lets see how that goes

10mbps uncapped package is R1050 per month. FUP around 500GB's
    ... And how's it going

Quote Originally Posted by yubbz View Post
    ... And how's it going
    A couple of threads down. https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...1#post19995458

I would say he is happy.

Their FUP is at 280gb. It only gets applied if necessary, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627