Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Salaries in job posts

Default Salaries in job posts

Please note that salaries are not a requirement for job posts on MyBroadband. Many salaries are highly dependent on experience and skills, and salary levels are not set. It would therefore be unfair to expect companies to post salaries when it will give a false representation of the position.

But what's the point of attracting people to a job when the main attraction is left out?
    i5-4670K|Air Cooled |16GB Kingston Beast Series Ram|Asus Maximus Impact VII|AMD Sapphire HD 7950|Lian Li PC-C60|250GB Samsung EVO|CM Silent Pro M2 850w

Default Salaries in job posts

Quote Originally Posted by CamiKaze View Post
    But what's the point of attracting people to a job when the main attraction is left out?
    If you're taking a job just for the salary then you need to reevaluate your life.
    i nrrf iy

Quote Originally Posted by abzo View Post
    If you're taking a job just for the salary then you need to reevaluate your life.
    Agreed, but surely a range can at least be given? Surely it helps to identify jobs that are worth while applying for?
    May the wors be with you

Quote Originally Posted by jouda View Post
    Agreed, but surely a range can at least be given? Surely it helps to identify jobs that are worth while applying for?
    Rather put recruiters on an Ignore list then if no indication is done. Generally, and in IMO, if salary isn't mentioned, the company recruiting wants a slave.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Please note that salaries are not a requirement for job posts on MyBroadband. Many salaries are highly dependent on experience and skills, and salary levels are not set. It would therefore be unfair to expect companies to post salaries when it will give a false representation of the position.
    I do not agree with this. The company most definitely has a budget in mind for the position, and they should be open about what they are prepared to pay a candidate. Sure they can give a salary range to allow for the difference in "experience and skills".

The bottom line is that if a company is advertising a position, then:
    1) they have a particular range of "experience and skills" in my mind that the candidate should have and
    2) they have a particular budget range in mind for a candidate they would find acceptable

Why disclose the one range and not the other? That's really just an incomplete advert, and, imho, should not be allowed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAsk View Post
    gEEZUZ, is it an "IN" thing to be so incredibly ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodan View Post
    I do not agree with this. The company most definitely has a budget in mind for the position, and they should be open about what they are prepared to pay a candidate. Sure they can give a salary range to allow for the difference in "experience and skills".

The bottom line is that if a company is advertising a position, then:
    1) they have a particular range of "experience and skills" in my mind that the candidate should have and
    2) they have a particular budget range in mind for a candidate they would find acceptable

Why disclose the one range and not the other? That's really just an incomplete advert, and, imho, should not be allowed here.
    Wouldn't want the grunt at the bottom rung to know what he could've earned :P
    50% off 1 month Afrihost Uncapped here
    Speak to me about Priority after-hours technical support and remote maintenance (Server and Desktop support)

Super Grandmaster

I'd prefer to know what range I am looking at. Market Related or Competitive Package is bullschit. You go through the interview, only to be told, yeah, we give you R100k per annum. Waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Well I don't work for free and I am not going to jump for "Oh we can offer you an opportunity to learn new technologies and take you to the next level" - BULLSCHIT.

What does it come down to at the end of the day? My job is only half my life.
    i5-4670K|Air Cooled |16GB Kingston Beast Series Ram|Asus Maximus Impact VII|AMD Sapphire HD 7950|Lian Li PC-C60|250GB Samsung EVO|CM Silent Pro M2 850w

Quote Originally Posted by PsyWulf View Post
    Wouldn't want the grunt at the bottom rung to know what he could've earned :P
    PsyWulf sums this up beautifully...

I don't agree that salary ranges shouldn't be posted.

It takes me a lot of time to prepare a CV, potentially go for an interview and only then find out they are paying way less than what I expected. That isn't fair on me, and it just wastes their time.

The people that are good at their job and happy are not going to be actively looking for a job, and these are the guys you want in your company. You need to lure them out with potential earnings, else you are just going to end up getting mediocre people taking whatever they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by jouda View Post
    The idea was always to give a range, not a specific salary.

What's so hard to post a minium salary range? Then evaluate the applicant on their skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Gulp and grunt is what happens at a BDSM party right?

Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    The idea was always to give a range, not a specific salary.
    The problem is such people as RSAWeb where not even a range is given. What is asked for by members of this forum is a salary bracket, is it worth it for them to apply for the position in the first place? Are we going to waste everyone's time by making a extremely overqualified/ someone with a large amount of experience apply for a junior job due to the job advert being set up in such a way that one thinks it is for a senior position.

The salary bracket will help in giving an estimate of the difficulty of the job and the experience/qualifications required. It should be a must.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by mariush View Post
    To submit a new job listing:

Step 3: Provide details regarding the job listing in the text area that include:
    • Institution
    • Position Summary
    • Requirements
    • Qualifications
    • Salary & Benefits
    • Application Information
    What happened to this as well? It is in one of your pinned threads.
    Last edited by Johnatan56; 13-04-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6723240596

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatan56 View Post
    The problem is such people as RSAWeb where not even a range is given. What is asked for by members of this forum is a salary bracket, is it worth it for them to apply for the position in the first place? Are we going to waste everyone's time by making a extremely overqualified/ someone with a large amount of experience apply for a junior job due to the job advert being set up in such a way that one thinks it is for a senior position.

The salary bracket will help in giving an estimate of the difficulty of the job and the experience/qualifications required. It should be a must.
    Yup, but it seems rpm and MyBB have already decided they don't care about this.

So, I'm not going to bother reading this section anymore and recommending jobs to people from MyBB. I'll refer them from other sites where this info is available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast