You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 70767778798081 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1201

Thread: The Jayde Panayiotou Case

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    A higher could still review and set aside that judge's finding with regards to ruling that evidence admissible. In the event of an appeal, post conviction.
    It's possible - but I doubt it. But I'm sure they have more than just the video. A dead' man confession will also nail him.

Quote Originally Posted by zululami View Post
    The court had already ruled that the video can stand as admissible evidence. The judge indicated that he would only state the reason for his decision when he delivers his verdict at the end of the trial. The writing is on the wall.
    Further to that - the video was played in Court yesterday morning and it was "leaked" right after that.

Chilling vid.

The entire judicial system is setup to benefit the lawyers and the wealthy.Justice is rarely the primary purpose of the judicial system.
    I've walked for miles inside this pit of danger, a place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

That's hectic. They didn't have to even bother with the full case, they just had to play the video
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    That's hectic. They didn't have to even bother with the full case, they just had to play the video
    Exactly, but everyone wants to keep drawing it out longer and longer and time is money.Lawyers getting paid over and over.This man is effed now, how much money has he spent on trying to defend himself?He should have just admitted it and saved himself a whole load of cash.Lawyers always win, even when they lose.
    I've walked for miles inside this pit of danger, a place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Batista View Post
    Exactly, but everyone wants to keep drawing it out longer and longer and time is money.Lawyers getting paid over and over.This man is effed now, how much money has he spent on trying to defend himself?He should have just admitted it and saved himself a whole load of cash.Lawyers always win, even when they lose.
    Maybe the idea was for him to lie enough to be able to discount his whole testimony. If they showed his video at the beginning....he would have adjusted his lies accordingly. Now he can't backtrack
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Super Grandmaster

Default Cellphone records issue halts #PanayiotouTrial

Port Elizabeth – The trial involving murder-accused Christopher Panayiotou was halted in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Thursday, when defence counsel representing Sinethemba Nenembe and Zolani Sibeko brought an application for the court to reject the way in which the State intended to present evidence around cellphone plotting.

According to the State, cellphone plotting shows that Sibeko was with Vumazonke and Nenembe outside Jayde Panayiotou’s Stellen Glen complex in Kabega Park just five days before she was abducted, forced into the boot of a hired vehicle, then taken to remote area behind Kwanobuhle and murdered.

Jayde’s husband, Christopher Panayiotou, 29, the alleged mastermind behind the crime, was arrested shortly after her murder during April 2015.

During court proceedings on Thursday, attorney Peter Daubermann, brought an application objecting to the way in which the State wanted to present its case on cell phone records.

Daubermann said the way in which this evidence would be presented was unconstitutional and would hinder his clients rights to a fair trial.
    More at: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...utrial-9804924
    My views are not cast in stone

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    That's what the last few months in court have been about...
    Why would it not be admissible?
    Was the means used to captured the video illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by airborne View Post
    Why would it not be admissible?
    Was the means used to captured the video illegal?
    Might be a technicality related to how the evidence was produced, and when. Am assuming the police was required to share all the evidence in advance so that the defence can contest

If they introduced it late, then in essence they have deliberately withheld evidence from the defence, and so have unfairly hobbled the defence

This is based on all these lawyer bs TV shows I have watched over the years...so ignore me

- Benjamin Franklin

Super Grandmaster

#PanayiotouTrial: Cellphone data 99.9% accurate – witness

Port Elizabeth – A Vodacom forensic liaison manager has testified that cellphone data billing captured by the service provider was 99.9% accurate, the Port Elizabeth High Court heard on Monday in the ongoing murder trial against Christopher Panayiotou.

It emerged in court that cell phone billing for various cell phone numbers was released to the state subsequent to a court order last year.

According to the state, cell phone plotting shows co-accused Zolani Sibeko was with alleged shooter Sizwezakhe Vumazonke and Sinethemba Nenembe outside Jayde Panayiotou's Stellen Glen complex in Kabega just five days before she was abducted, forced into the boot of a vehicle and then taken to a remote area behind Kwanobhule and murdered.
    More at : http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...itness-9867588
    Last edited by MickeyD; 19-06-2017 at 08:07 PM.

I heard the defense is now questioning the chain of evidence of the memory card, anyone confirm this?
    Apparently it was not handled properly, the chain of evidence, regarding the video recording
    #FREEISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Vrotappel View Post
    So the lawyer defending him knows he is guilty, how does he sleep at night?
    In an expensive house, on a king size bed
    #FREEISRAEL

Super Grandmaster

Default 'Panayiotou's mistress communicated with a potential hitman 19 times'

Port Elizabeth – The cell phone number of Christopher Panayiotou's mistress, Chanelle Coutts, was in communication with that of an alleged potential hitman known as "Trompie" 19 times, it emerged in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Tuesday.

Trompie was allegedly approached to kill Jayde Panayiotou. Self-confessed middleman and bouncer Luthando Siyoni had allegedly arranged a meeting between Panayiotou and Trompie during 2014 after the businessman told Siyoni to source someone to kill his school teacher wife.

According to Siyoni's affidavit, nothing materialised after the meeting, and other alleged hitmen were approached. National Investigative Analyst, Thereza Botha, testified in the ongoing murder trial on Tuesday and is slowly painting an intricate pattern of how various cell phone numbers of role players together with geographical analysis link up in a series of events preceding the murder of Jayde Panayiotou during April 2015.

Data analysis indicates that a cell number, believed to belong to Coutts, communicated with Trompie on 19 occasions for five days between September and October 2014.

Through cell phone data Botha indicated that on December 23, 2014, Sizwe Vumazonke, the alleged shooter, visited the reception area of Linton Grange at random times on approximately 44 occasions.
    More at: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...-times-9889592

Super Grandmaster

Default #PanayiotouTrial: Cellphone data helps trace Jayde's movements

Port Elizabeth – Through a geographical information system and cellphone data, a National Investigative Analyst has plotted the movements of the vehicle Jayde Panayiotou was allegedly kidnapped and transported in before she was killed two years ago.

Thereza Botha testified on Wednesday for the second day in the ongoing murder trial involving Christopher Panayiotou and his two co-accused.

According to the data, the vehicle rented by Jayde's alleged killer, Sizwe Vumazonke left his house at 5.24 am and travelled to close proximity of Sinethemba Nenembe.

Data indicated that Vumazonke made a call to both Nenembe and Khusta Vandala. At 6.03am the vehicle was at the intersection of the R102 and Kabega Road.

Some 40 minutes later, Vumazonke agained called Khusta. Vumazonke's handset received reception from the Linton Grange tower, near Jayde's home, while Khusta's reception came from Kwadesi.
    More at: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...ements-9906571

Super Grandmaster

Default #PanayiotouTrial: Analyst asked why 'crucial witness' was not consulted

Port Elizabeth – The defence team representing murder accused Christopher Panayiotou wanted to know from a National Investigative Analyst why she did not consult with with "probably one of the most crucial witnesses" Chanelle Coutts, also known as the businessman's mistress.

Thereza Botha was under cross examination in the Port Elizabeth High Court on Wednesday, and was responding to questions made by defence advocate Terry Price, in the ongoing murder trial involving Panayiotou and his two co-accused Sinethemba Nenembe and Zolani Sibeko.

Botha's evidence in chief painted an intricate pattern of how various cell phone numbers of role players together with geographical analysis link up in a series of events preceding the murder of Jayde Panayiotou in April 2015.

In her report Botha had previously indicated that a number believed to belong to Coutts interacted with a number associated with a potential alleged hitman Trompie on 19 occasions.

"What were you trying to show with [Christopher] not being in close range of these calls? Don't you agree that Coutts and Trompie would be able to explain why they spoke to each other or if they did speak to each other?" asked Price.
    More at: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...sulted-9908451

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 70767778798081 LastLast