Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SA gets armed response panic button app

Default SA gets armed response panic button app

Panic button phone app with armed response in South Africa

Enforce Security and ICE Plus have launched Genie ICE, a mobile panic button that offers security response even when outside your home.

Grandmaster

Enforce just playing catchup? Blue has had this for a long time.

Old idea... playing catch-up indeed.

And you are going to walk around with your phone unlocked and that app running ready to press the button...
    Can't think of anything wise to say atm thanks.

Fudzy

I love it when they say this
    The operator is also shown the client’s exact location on Google Maps, so Enforce knows where they are.
    Has anyone actually tried to locate anyone using a Google Maps marker? (down to a few feet or two I mean)

Why? I mean unless its part of your Armed Response package (which should develop or link into existing framework like MovesAPI) why another app to steal your battery..

i prefer using mySOS which has tracking, alerts etc. I started using this when doing Nissan Trailseeker and since have installed & gotten family to start using this when doing stuff like city hikes, biking or even driving at night. Extremely useful seeing as we live in different cities these days.

Since family is using Apple, thinking of merging with Apple Family Sharing (Especially with Apple Music) for realtime location finding. I use Moves for tracking location since it came out so have like 3+ yrs movement data
    Last edited by krycor; 25-06-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    When have you demonstrated leadership skills?
    "Well my best example would be in online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post

Has anyone actually tried to locate anyone using a Google Maps marker? (down to a few feet or two I mean)
    From GPS, yes.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by krycor View Post
    Why? I mean unless its part of your Armed Response package (which should develop or link into existing framework like MovesAPI) why another app to steal your battery..
    It is part of the package. I've worked with the company that makes this app, and the difference between this and other apps is the back-end integrates directly into the security companies' back-end systems, the alert will come in through the same channels as your alarm going off or panic button being pressed and received the same priorities.

Bad info in this PR release, they should have punted the unique aspects.

Most panic buttons send alerts to family members and stuff - when you press this panic button you actually get big men with guns responding to save your life

Inside a building I'm getting 21m accuracy (if you are on android google "find my phone"), most phones seem able to do 4m outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by krycor View Post

i prefer using mySOS which has tracking, alerts etc. I started using this when doing Nissan Trailseeker and since have installed & gotten family to start using this when doing stuff like city hikes, biking or even driving at night. Extremely useful seeing as we live in different cities these days.

Since family is using Apple, thinking of merging with Apple Family Sharing (Especially with Apple Music) for realtime location finding. I use Moves for tracking location since it came out so have like 3+ yrs movement data
    Have you tried Glympse?

It's about as good as you can get with realtime tracking.

Always request the family to send me one when they are driving long distances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsta Graphics View Post
    The apple vs android thing is getting old. Let's just appreciate what they are - cool devices. If you fall for the fanboy rubbish, YOU are the one who is owned.

Yip, works well down to a few meters outdoors. Indoors seems pretty accurate too, from my work and home.
    I believe posters are recognised by their sig... so I made one.

+ Reply to Thread