You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 397 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5953

Thread: CSGO Sticky thread

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    Why do you warm up with bots?
    It's fast...in casual, time gets wasted between rounds, when dead.

It's also even...the same experience each time. So I know pretty quickly if my hands are working well. Online there's ping and other players' skill levels that don't guarantee I am where I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoprod View Post
    It's fast...in casual, time gets wasted between rounds, when dead.

It's also even...the same experience each time. So I know pretty quickly if my hands are working well. Online there's ping and other players' skill levels that don't guarantee I am where I think I am.
    Can you help a noob develop a good warm-up programme with bots? Nothing at your level, just something to get my eye in a little better than a deathmatch bun-fight.

What do you find works the best? Running an offline game on Dust 2 with bots, if you reckon you're going to be comping on Dust 2? I know there are all sorts of community training maps too, but I haven't found a good one yet.
    Change is the only constant.

^, the warm-up I do is purely aim...the bots don't have any neat tricks to teach me about equipment use or map knowledge (though when set to hard, they shoulder-peek and strafe while shooting which makes it interesting).

So because they're not really people doing interesting things, the map doesn't really matter (imo). You might find value in playing on a comp map with bots but I didn't find that to be the case (admittedly, I didn't want to run around a big map so haven't done much time on comp maps with bots). The map I use is shortdust in deathmatch mode with 8 bots on the team opposite mine and 3 on my team. You can set them to the difficulty you're comfortable with but hard is probably the minimum you want to use. Even then they do dumb stuff but at least they're fast and aggro and stacking the teams means you get to play a lot of duels very quickly. I used some commands to make the game ignore the team imbalance - the article below explains that in more detail plus has tips about taking it further into proper practice territory. You can experiment with that and let us know

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/bl...config-in-csgo

Nice, thanks for that detailed guide Prod Gotta do something to get better, and I honestly can't concentrate in deathmatches with idiots playing music or shouting. Also the sheer number of AWPers in an average deathmatch is as frustrating as hell, it's totally different to comp's restrictive economy where AWPs are treated like gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound5366 View Post
    Nice, thanks for that detailed guide Prod Gotta do something to get better, and I honestly can't concentrate in deathmatches with idiots playing music or shouting. Also the sheer number of AWPers in an average deathmatch is as frustrating as hell, it's totally different to comp's restrictive economy where AWPs are treated like gold.
    100 hours Arms Race and 100 hours Deathmatch.

Also just start muting people that play music etc.

Just leaving work so I'm a bit behind schedule...8pm?

Lol, a Nova 3 tried to school me. de_dust2, they take A with a strong push, we quick rotate and lose two tango’s which rotates back through to B. I stay A and my only other teammate rotate to B. When I spot them on the radar pushing through tunnels I start to auto rotate. At that moment, I received tutorial 101 on how and when to rotate, got lectured. Needless to say, my timely rotate won us the round. Boy oh boy.
    Trolling is an Art. A Jest of Faith.

I just watched a game Wolf played with players on his level...ma se hare. The skills.

I don’t know how many here owns Dying Light, but the devs has released a statement that they will soon launch new content, Content Drop #0, and will be adding 10 gratis DLCs to the game over 12 months. Those like playing zombie games, I will gladly do a coop as soon as the content starts to release. Lekker zombie game die.

The game does 4 player coop.

I just watched a game Wolf played with players on his level...ma se hare. The skills.
    Yah, hard game that. I was a bit tired and I seemed to be excluded on the comms. The TS (or Discord) conundrum…

Then I had to play another one, a queue against my prior teammates. We won though, and we didn’t even communicate. The best is we were down 0-7 and then the LEM in me came out to play.

You know something, it might be a good idea if we had somebody technically inclined here to set up a Twitch channel ... then the rest of us could catch games like ^^^ whenever, and we could learn something.

I mean, if MedicNick can have his own channel, shouldn't we have a MyBB channel that everybody can contribute content to?

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
    Yah, hard game that. I was a bit tired and I seemed to be excluded on the comms. The TS (or Discord) conundrum…

Then I had to play another one, a queue against my prior teammates. We won though, and we didn’t even communicate. The best is we were down 0-7 and then the LEM in me came out to play.
    jissus...for someone on a break, you play a lot What time did you get to bed - like 3am?

See you at 7pm.

You know something, it might be a good idea if we had somebody technically inclined here to set up a Twitch channel ... then the rest of us could catch games like ^^^ whenever, and we could learn something.

I mean, if MedicNick can have his own channel, shouldn't we have a MyBB channel that everybody can contribute content to?
    Soon

Nick has 20Mbps upload, how much do you think the rest of us plebs have?

He can send you the demo link in Steam chat then you can watch it that way.
    Last edited by Soul Assassin; 20-06-2017 at 01:59 PM.

I use CSGO if I want to watch...no overhead for the guy playing.

I almost wish I hadn't watched ...those guys were very quick and super-accurate. I ranked up to MGE last night...I expect to start getting ripped a new one soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 397 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385 ... LastLast