Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Telkom Mega100WR2 - International and Local Traffic Splitting

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or i can just browse to the site rather than http://10.0.0.2:1080

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm not sure what u mean.

I was referring to if u want to retrieve files from router to pc u setup httpd on port 1080 on router and then point the browser on ur PC there, where your router IP was 10.0.0.2

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok.

So have you never tried to setup the routing at router level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not yet. But i have got off files and put files on router successfully.

I was gonna play with the routing but not having a list of ZA ip addresses I didn't try. Tho I am keen now that I see u have that list

Looking at the script it appears it merely executes the route command with parameters. So as long as that executes fine on the router u can probably get away with scripting the whole thing up via telnet from your PC.

Here is one:
    http://www.routertech.org/viewtopic.php?t=282

probably easiest route is to script pulling the 2 files (config file with routes and script to execute setting routes) from ur PC and executing them via the telnet script after transfer done.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I've seen that scripter file. Thing is I have no clue where to begin with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Put ts.exe and its manifest file in a folder
    2) make a batch file to execute your login script e.g. "test.cmd"
    3) Edit test.cmd and put in commands to execute ur script. This will execute test_in.txt and put output to test_out.txt. You don't need the output file. So you can leave "/o:..." out but it is nice in case sumthing goes wrong.
    Code:
    ts.exe /r:test_in.txt /o:test_out.txt
    4) Make file test_in.txt
    5) Edit test_in.txt and put in commands to login obviously put n ur ip and your password. When putting in password replace "REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_PASSWORD" with your password but leave the "\n" in place as that is the same as hitting the enter key (its short for the newline character):
    Code:
    HOST 10.0.0.2 23
    WAIT "login"
    SEND "root\n"
    WAIT "password"
    SEND "REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_PASSWORD\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "ls\n"
    WAIT "#"
    For above u need to shell out before running ls but i forgot what command will shell out to the prompt. (Have to wait to home to chack on that). Basically when u say "WAIT" it waits till it sees what ever you said to wait for output to screen and then attempts the next command. "SEND" sends a command and "\n" send thru the "enter key".
    Last edited by z3r3; 14-06-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, that has cleared up something else with regard to the script I ran the other day (the one to identify which class II router you have). Because you need to run shell after logging into the router, I didn't know how to change the script to do that. A WAIT "cli>" will probably fix that.

So basically the test_in.txt would have

SEND "route -add net xxxx"
    WAIT "#"

repeated a number of times. Will have to find a way of automating the addition of SEND and WAIT "#" though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah except it be SEND "route -add net xxxx\n" in order to simulate hitting the enter key.

You can text editor like UltraEdit to modify script quickly. Its got a column mode to so insert 'SEND "' at begninning of each line is easy. And the it has ability to look for end of line using ^P so a search command is easy.

There are 9 of the /32 lines where -net must be -host so that can be done by hand. Replace $LOCAL with ppp1 if ppp1 is ur ZA connection.

Finally last line is to fix name server lookups.

I'll attach a script for a basic idea but i can't rememeber command to drop to shell so I'll put question marks there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so I can't add files so here's a quick sample of the file without all the routes obviously:

Code:
    HOST 10.0.0.2 23
    WAIT "login"
    SEND "root\n"
    WAIT "password"
    SEND "REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_PASSWORD\n"
    WAIT "cli>" 
    SEND "????????\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 32.106.152.0/24 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 32.106.153.0/24 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 66.8.0.0/17 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 66.18.64.0/19 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -host 155.237.171.98/32 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 155.237.225.0/24 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 216.5.192.0/21 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 216.104.192.0/21 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "route add -net 216.236.176.0/20 ppp1\n"
    WAIT "#"
    SEND "cat /etc/resolv.conf | sed s/nameserver// | sed s/' '// | while read nameserver;do route add -host $nameserver ppp0; done"
    WAIT "#"

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man. Will try this tonight.

2C Telecoms Representative
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All,

Just caught up with this thread ... z3r3 seems to have it all pretty much under control. The only thing that I can add is the recommended directory for doing the upload to is /var/tmp according to the engineer that did the original f/w .. He recons that there is more than enough space, and this is area is well out of the way of any critical parameters.

Also, the router does have “wget”, so if you have hosted the files on a http/ftp server already, it will be a simple matter to download them.

Just by the way, I do notice that the local IP list that has been referred to is missing a few entries ie: it’s not complete. but its a pretty good list none-the-less, and to achieve the required purpose, missing one or two entries is not going to hurt much…

also, one last comment ... just for the record : my comments on this thread are not official --- off the record sort of comments... ie : just remember that any problems caused by mistakes while doing this sort of thing is not covered by guarantee etc .... (this is just to make the bosses happy - as long as everyone understands this, I will provide what info I can .. )
    regards
    2c Telecoms

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understood. Can you get a more complete list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Everyone
    Me and a colleague from work have been following the progress. I have a Netgear DG384 ADSL Router, and I basically would like to do the same. I got it to connect the second PPPoE account last night, but it still would not route the data coming from my PC over the second account. I believe there might be some configuration needed for the IP tables "firewall" as well. Will check it out this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to use iptables to list current settings and route to list currently defined routes to see why traffic isnt routing as expected. ALso if it won't work u could always use antibody's tool to do it from ur pc directly.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

franco, do a search for webafrica with the user fausto in this forum. I think there were people who might have got this type of thing to work with a netgear modem/router.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast