Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Telkom Mega100WR2 - International and Local Traffic Splitting

hmmm, sumtimes linux uses tcp/ip differently to XP so check things like ttl, mtu, packet size etc - if you can. Also run route print on XP and compare to - i think it's - netstat -rn on linux to see if there any differences.

BTW the source code is now on the telkomphones website at last. Not too sure how useful it's going to be in recontructing our own firmware as i've only just started looking through it.

Ok, things ain't gonna be straight forward as:

1) a full recompile will be needed - a precompiled image and complete uncompressed filesystem isn't provided
    2) Also they don't specify if this is for Version 1 or 2 of the router.... So hope its same as your router and pray nothing goes wrong!
    3) The stuff is compressed with RAR so symbolic links aren't maintained and neither are the file permissions!!

Maybe 2C can give some in sight here? I.E. Have they taken what they deployed and uncompressed the RAR on windows and then transferred it onto a linux box and recompiled the full firmware from scratch?

Maybe we should start a new thread for using the GPL src from telkom.

Quote Originally Posted by z3r3 View Post
    u need to do a manual connect from linux cmd line:

Code:
    pppd plugin pppoe nas0 user XXXXXX password XXXXXX defaultroute mtu 1400 mru 1492 maxfail 10 demand idle 65520
    set up ur local isp account on web interface and then use ur international account on this one. If doing it the outher way round then remove the defaultroute option.
    z3r3: will nas0 correspond to ppp0 when the connection is established?

Has anyone had any luck with this? I had issues running the prepare_netroutes.sh on Ubuntu 7.04. I'm quite a linux noob, so I'm not sure what to do to fix it... I ran the script and it gave me an error:
    export: 12: option:: bad variable name

Being a MS developer I'm on the verge of writing a .Net app (or maybe a windows service) to do this regularly and automatically.

Hmmm. You might have to install both the export and expect programs. Given my experiences with this on Debian I suspect also the ipcalc command that comes with Ubuntu won't work. I'll see if I can host the iptables command that will work, along with expect and export.

/usr/bin/expect

/bin/ipcalc

Though of course they can be in any folder that is in your path.
    Last edited by milomak; 21-08-2007 at 09:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Ok, so I only now got a proper chance to have a look at milomak's instructions. Then it hit me, I went through this thread already. I Know that this is, for now at least , Linux based. This being a little bit of a problem as I run Windows. Booting into Linux every time Eskom decides to turn off the power, just to set up the routes on the router again will not be an option.

Did anyone manage to do anything on their Windows machines? Anyone spending some time with that GPL Code of the 100WR?
    ic's back, back again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    Hmmm. You might have to install both the export and expect programs. Given my experiences with this on Debian I suspect also the ipcalc command that comes with Ubuntu won't work. I'll see if I can host the iptables command that will work, along with expect and export.

/usr/bin/expect

/bin/ipcalc

Though of course they can be in any folder that is in your path.
    EXPORT is normally a built in shell command. If using bash you can use it inline. If using a different shell however you need to assign the variable first and then export it.

i.e.
    Code:
    MYVAR=`ipcalc......'
    export MYVAR
    Looking at the script tho I'm not sure how NETMASK gets it's value or maybe it should be:
    export NETMASK=`ipcalc...'

This may be the issue here (besides possibly missing ipcalc and expect).

Quote Originally Posted by ld13 View Post
    Ok, so I only now got a proper chance to have a look at milomak's instructions. Then it hit me, I went through this thread already. I Know that this is, for now at least , Linux based. This being a little bit of a problem as I run Windows. Booting into Linux every time Eskom decides to turn off the power, just to set up the routes on the router again will not be an option.

Did anyone manage to do anything on their Windows machines? Anyone spending some time with that GPL Code of the 100WR?
    There is a excel spreadsheet and VBA macro in one the other threads that can be tweaked to use on this router. Basically you just need to put in the ppp conection commands and the command to shell out and you'll be sorted.

GPL Code is for the new version of the router and I have old version. 2C Telecoms haven't yet responded to my questions or requests that I have sent through this week and at the beginning of the month.

Id13 .. have a setup on a win2k server that bypasses the half bridge on the modem completely .. there really shouldnt be any reason why this cant be done with any software that can handle a NAT on a win2k or winxp machine ... do you not have routesentry or have you got a lan with gateways and forwarding that makes the problem to big for routesentry to solve ?

Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    z3r3: will nas0 correspond to ppp0 when the connection is established?
    If I'm not mistaken nas0 is the ADSL link not the tcp/ip connection over it to the ISP.

I stand to be corrected but if you establish two connections i.e. ppp0 and ppp1, then they will both go over nas0.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by z3r3 View Post
    There is a excel spreadsheet and VBA macro in one the other threads that can be tweaked to use on this router. Basically you just need to put in the ppp conection commands and the command to shell out and you'll be sorted.
    I'll fish around for it thx. Good luck with getting that GPL code!

jetlee,I have a LAN at home yes, and being the type of person I am, I like to fiddle with things. The easiest option available is not always the one I tend to take. At the moment, the interim solution was to run Routesentry on each PC. But moving this to the router is firstly a challenge for me and secondly would allow me more power to control usage of the bandwidth etc etc. I am thinking of installing Smoothwall on my P1, but that thing is too noisy to run 24/7.
    ic's back, back again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ld13 View Post
    I'll fish around for it thx. Good luck with getting that GPL code!

jetlee,I have a LAN at home yes, and being the type of person I am, I like to fiddle with things. The easiest option available is not always the one I tend to take. At the moment, the interim solution was to run Routesentry on each PC. But moving this to the router is firstly a challenge for me and secondly would allow me more power to control usage of the bandwidth etc etc. I am thinking of installing Smoothwall on my P1, but that thing is too noisy to run 24/7.
    Yes and of course you get the security of your PC not being directly on the net. The only hassle you have on either windows or linux is that when your connection is reset you have to rerun script. The ultimate is to have the script on the router BUT we need to either modify the current firmware/filesystem - we have the GPL but need to know what version of the router that is for.

yeah having the script on the router would be first prize. Actually what would the command be to upload files on to the router?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast