Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Wifi calling?

  1. #1

    Default Wifi calling?

    Hi All

    Who has any of the following handsets and have you tried the Wifi calling:

    AG Style LAUNCHED
    AG Shine OCTOBER 2015
    ZTE V6 OCTOBER 2015
    ZTE V6 Lite OCTOBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 NOVEMBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge NOVEMBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus DECEMBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DECEMBER 2015

    I am holding out my upgrade until I know this technology works. Any feedback would be great?

  2. #2

    Default

    So i take it no users of this yet?

  3. #3
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,235

    Default

    Wont work unless the network have made the feature available on their side, and as far as I know only Cell C have launched WiFI callilng in the country up to date.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  4. #4
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Who View Post
    Hi All

    Who has any of the following handsets and have you tried the Wifi calling:

    AG Style LAUNCHED
    AG Shine OCTOBER 2015
    ZTE V6 OCTOBER 2015
    ZTE V6 Lite OCTOBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 NOVEMBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge NOVEMBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus DECEMBER 2015
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DECEMBER 2015

    I am holding out my upgrade until I know this technology works. Any feedback would be great?
    Hi

    Thank you for posting to us.

    We have already done tests using the AG Style, which works like a charm.

    However, perhaps you can get more people who have done tests who can add their experiences.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi

    Thank you for posting to us.

    We have already done tests using the AG Style, which works like a charm.

    However, perhaps you can get more people who have done tests who can add their experiences.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM
    Hi,

    When will move devices be added?
    Nothing in life is certain, except death.

  6. #6
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Wont work unless the network have made the feature available on their side, and as far as I know only Cell C have launched WiFI callilng in the country up to date.
    Oh crap. Sorry about that. I thought this was in the MTN thread. My mistake. Sorry sorry.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi

    Thank you for posting to us.

    We have already done tests using the AG Style, which works like a charm.

    However, perhaps you can get more people who have done tests who can add their experiences.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM
    iphone?

  8. #8

    Default

    As said, I am in a very poor signal area and we are delaying upgrades as either we will move off Cell C or if wifi calling works well it might be our savior.

  9. #9
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ijacobs3 View Post
    iphone?
    Hi

    The iPhone does not allow for this service yet.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM

  10. #10
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Who View Post
    As said, I am in a very poor signal area and we are delaying upgrades as either we will move off Cell C or if wifi calling works well it might be our savior.
    Hi Dr who

    Thank you for posting to us.

    Wi-Fi calling is available however, it only works on the devices listed in the attachment.Name:  Wi-Fi Bundles.PNG
Views: 408
Size:  42.7 KB Name:  LTE devices.PNG
Views: 377
Size:  20.4 KB

    Please PM your number + your location so that we can investigate.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi

    The iPhone does not allow for this service yet.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM


    sorry, i call bull**** on that,
    https://support.apple.com/en-za/HT203032

    the iPhone does acutally, more like the network doesnt

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi

    The iPhone does not allow for this service yet.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM
    Any idea when more devices will be added? like Sony Z series?
    Nothing in life is certain, except death.

  13. #13
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ijacobs3 View Post
    sorry, i call bull**** on that,
    https://support.apple.com/en-za/HT203032

    the iPhone does acutally, more like the network doesnt
    Hi

    Remember that this is Wi-Fi calling that is being introduced by Cell C.

    We can only implement the service on a device if it is compatible with the service we are offering.

    We do know that it will be available on the Apple iPhone, however, this will be after we know that it will not affect any other service on your device.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM

  14. #14
    Cell C Representative Cell_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Any idea when more devices will be added? like Sony Z series?
    Hi Keegan

    Thank you for posting to us.

    We cannot confirm at the moment when the service will be introduced for this device.

    Regards
    Cell C | BM

  15. #15

    Default

    Well Done Cell C, you response time was very good. Lets hope its a positive outcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Telkom Mobile and WiFi calling
    By Ockie in forum Telkom Mobile (8ta) Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, 3G, EDGE, GPRS and BIS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 07:06 PM
  2. MTN wifi calling
    By whatwhat in forum MTN Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA, HSUPA, 3G, EDGE and BIS
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-06-2017, 09:14 AM
  3. WiFi Calling: error 5 - dns error
    By MrNeedforSpeed in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2015, 07:19 PM
  4. Whatsapp Voice Calling - WiFi issues
    By MarkD-KZN in forum ADSL and VDSL Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-05-2015, 12:39 AM
  5. Wifi Calling
    By tiaanels in forum Mobile Broadband
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 09:16 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •