Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wifi calling?

Quote Originally Posted by iCuSD View Post
    I find my wifi calling is sketchy sometimes it connects sometimes it doesn't so its frustrating vodacoms wifi calling doesn't work either so whats the point of all these fancy things if we can't use them
    Hi iCuSD

The strength of your connection will depend on the signal strength of the hotspot that you are connected too. If you connect to a stable hotspot your W-fi calls will connect seamlessly.

^MM

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi iCuSD

The strength of your connection will depend on the signal strength of the hotspot that you are connected too. If you connect to a stable hotspot your W-fi calls will connect seamlessly.

^MM
    Unfortunately this is not the case, seems to be troubling alot more often recently.

Doesn't matter what Wi-Fi I connect to, if their Wi-Fi calling is down it wont connect to or receive any calls. Last night and this morning it's unusable.

MM and DM do you'll have any idea if there are currently any network issues that may be causing it recently?

I've tried on both a contract and prepaid Wi-Fi calling active sim.

I have found when i force my signal to 3G it connects to Wifi calling but when i have LTE active and i am not in a LTE area my wifi calling doesn't connect

Default Cell c WiFi calling

Quote Originally Posted by iCuSD View Post
    I have found when i force my signal to 3G it connects to Wifi calling but when i have LTE active and i am not in a LTE area my wifi calling doesn't connect
    Hi. Just joined.
    I am a truly mobile warrior with Africa as my primary playground.

I have been with the blue and yellow networks post paid before joining Cell C prepaid.

I have used WiFi calling since it became available and now roam in Africa exclusively on it.

With a prepaid local data sim in my wingle I operate without any issues.

I have used iPhone 5 S and iPhone SE on the service.

All I would still want cell c to offer is prepaid roaming voice. I would happily be a beta tester for them. I travel for 2 - 3 weeks every month.

Locally I donít WiFi call as cell c have unlimited cell c calls if you recharge for more than R500.00
    Last edited by MinceVince; 01-11-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added information

Just use the Whatsapp wifi call feature. Works pretty well for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123