Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast

Thread: HUAWEI B315s LTE router discussion thread.

Super Grandmaster

If problem is on your side, try point by point till solved.

1. restart router

2. command:
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

3. command: ipconfig /flushdns
    4. command: winsock reset
    Last edited by sajunky; 26-09-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robogo View Post
    Hey sajunky, thanks for the info.

I tried forcing the router to 4G only on 1800 MHz with the HiLink Toolbox, but it didn't help.

I know that newer firmwares disable the telnet access which is necessary for the debranding procedure without opening the device. I'll wait for Huawei to release the update to see what is what, if the issue persists, I'll crack open the literal toolbox.

As for the firmware, it's pretty much on par with most described here: no USSD, no manual frequency selection.
    New firmware 21.323.03.00.90 seems to have stabilized the connection.

I tried updating mine, which is on 21.321.03.00.372, but it reports "This version is up-to-date". How did you get this version?

Quote Originally Posted by robogo View Post
    New firmware 21.323.03.00.90 seems to have stabilized the connection.

Is anyone able to tell me how to change the LAN domain name "homerouter.cpe"? I have 2 Huawei routers on my network.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonver View Post
    I tried updating mine, which is on 21.321.03.00.372, but it reports "This version is up-to-date". How did you get this version?
    My device is of different branding. Check out the last set of numbers, your device has a network branding (372) different from mine (90). That is why you have no update available, your provider/Huawei hasn't released it yet.

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Can someone please help me?

I used to be able to view LTE bandwidth by logging into the Telkom website https://secure.telkom.co.za/eservices
    There's an option that says "Login instantly with your SIM.
    This option doesn't seem to work anymore. A client in Cape Town (I am in JHB) is without bandwidth, or so I suspect since he cannot login as he used to, to view bandwidth and purchase more.

The telkom website says "Send an SMS via your modem dashboard to 188 to receive your data and/or WiFi balance. " but you cannot send a blank SMS from the router. It refuses to send the SMS unless you type something into the message body.

I have confirmed this on my side with a telkom SIMcard and my tablet, as well as a similar Hauwei router. I cannot login, nor can I send a blank SMS.

Last week I also noticed the same thing in Durban at another client. The login option doesn't work at all.

Is there ANY other way to see the bandwidth usage?
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Question Technical Question Dial-Up ( 4G ) vs Fixed Line ( ADSL ) -- WHAT data do you use ?

The Huawei B315 is in reality a wireless gateway

I notice that ALL the manuals I have been able to find do not spend much time on discussing the configuration of the ETHERNET side of things on this device -- merely talking about an Ethernet wall plug
    I assume they surmise that one is going to use the WiFi side of the B315 to connect devices and so ( as I understand it ) NO need for wired WAN ?

So I understand that one needs an ADSL MODEM to handle the ADSL side of things and this is then plugged into the WAN port of the B315. One would then plug an Ethernet cable from a PC into one of the RJ45 LAN ports.

All good and well -- one gets the WAN side of things connected via wired ( ADSL ) as well as wireless ( 4G )

My question is ....
    When both the ADSL as well as the 4G are connected HOW is the request for data by a client handled ?
    Does the ADSL handle the wired RJ45 connections and the 4G the WiFi connections ?
    or
    Some other way of deciding where and how data is provided ?

Any one know ?

I normally set the device up as a 4G access point for clients on the rest of my network using the LAN ONLY setting ( this forces the B315 to use the 4G to act as the gateway to the internet. )
    I am just interested in all the different ways in which one can use this device ?
    Last edited by MidnightWizard; 22-10-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

Continuously lose my username and password to log in to my B315 modem/router. Maybe a dumb (noob) question)... Anyway of establishing what they are?

Edit: Never mind, found it in LastPass.
    Last edited by AlexFl; 24-10-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFl View Post
    Continuously lose my username and password to log in to my B315 modem/router. Maybe a dumb (noob) question)... Anyway of establishing what they are?
    Mine is the default admin/admin
    ★ mAcme for Mac OS X & 3G
    I braaied and beered with the legendary MortyMoose and survived!

Quote Originally Posted by GreGorGy View Post
    Mine is the default admin/admin
    I was TRYING to be clever and changed mine. Everytime it's a guessing game now and today I'm striking out!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFl View Post
    I was TRYING to be clever and changed mine. Everytime it's a guessing game now and today I'm striking out!
    Reset maybe? I know - you lose all your settings...

Quote Originally Posted by GreGorGy View Post
    Reset maybe? I know - you lose all your settings...
    Thanks. Never mind, found it in LastPass. Will edit my post accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    The Huawei B315 is in reality a wireless gateway

I notice that ALL the manuals I have been able to find do not spend much time on discussing the configuration of the ETHERNET side of things on this device -- merely talking about an Ethernet wall plug
    I assume they surmise that one is going to use the WiFi side of the B315 to connect devices and so ( as I understand it ) NO need for wired WAN ?

So I understand that one needs an ADSL MODEM to handle the ADSL side of things and this is then plugged into the WAN port of the B315. One would then plug an Ethernet cable from a PC into one of the RJ45 LAN ports.

All good and well -- one gets the WAN side of things connected via wired ( ADSL ) as well as wireless ( 4G )

My question is ....
    When both the ADSL as well as the 4G are connected HOW is the request for data by a client handled ?
    Does the ADSL handle the wired RJ45 connections and the 4G the WiFi connections ?
    or
    Some other way of deciding where and how data is provided ?

Any one know ?

I normally set the device up as a 4G access point for clients on the rest of my network using the LAN ONLY setting ( this forces the B315 to use the 4G to act as the gateway to the internet. )
    I am just interested in all the different ways in which one can use this device ?
    The RJ11 port is for a VoIP phone.
    Hibiscus Coast Photographic Society
    (previously known as: Hibiscus Coast Camera Club)

Thumbs up VoIP

Quote Originally Posted by AirWolf View Post
    The RJ11 port is for a VoIP phone.
    Thanks
    Could you expand a bit as regards what model of phone and how you set this up.
    I am always keen to learn new stuff
    Jedi Warrior - In Training
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    doctus cum multis libris

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    Thanks
    Could you expand a bit as regards what model of phone and how you set this up.
    I am always keen to learn new stuff
    I plug a normal phone into that port and it works like a normal phone (not VOIP) and if the SIM has airtime it uses it as it normally would. One of the VOIP okes will have to explain that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast