Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: HUAWEI B315s LTE router discussion thread.

Hi, i had gotten this router with a telkom contract. Got 10gigs, an my family finishes it all in a week while i'm at work. Any idea on how to split the cap between the additional wireless access points it has?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWizard View Post
    Thanks
    Could you expand a bit as regards what model of phone and how you set this up.
    I am always keen to learn new stuff
    See this thread: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...ee-DID-numbers
    Then fill in the VoIP section of the router.

Quote Originally Posted by GreGorGy View Post
    I plug a normal phone into that port and it works like a normal phone (not VOIP) and if the SIM has airtime it uses it as it normally would. One of the VOIP okes will have to explain that.
    Mine is the Telkom LTE uncapped so I don't load any airtime on that sim. Also, a normal call would disconnect your LTE.
    Last edited by AirWolf; 01-11-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    Hibiscus Coast Photographic Society
    (previously known as: Hibiscus Coast Camera Club)

Hi, I'm not very network savy but am hoping to get guidance help here before I kill my phone call cap to Telkom.

I'm having recent issues with my Telkom connection and/or B315s-936. This is evidenced by increasingly bad speeds (there's been a steady decline over my 2yr Telkom uncapped contract but it's been barely alive for the last week or so).

Here's the latest speedtest (http://beta.speedtest.net/#), this is what I've been getting for the last week:

Telkom to Telkom SA (SAIX) Randburg
    Ping: 14ms
    D/L: 0.71Mbps
    U/L: 2.69Mbps

These speeds seem to have coincided with a colour change of the 'Network Mode Indicator'. I'm quite blue/green colour blind but historically it was the same colour as the power and wi-fi indicators, it's now a different colour (but still steady/not flashing). I've logged into the web management page and changed the dial-up network settings back from 2300Mhz to 1800Mhz (a previous MBB suggestion many months ago to help overcome the initial slowing speed) and have also tried '4G only' but to no avail. I've unplugged the modem/router many times too without it helping. The lights now remain different colours and the speeds remain slow.

I considered this being a firmware update related issue. I tried doing an update from the web management page and received an error. Not sure how relevant it may be but here are some of the device info that I found:

Hardware version: WL1B310TM02
    Software version: 21.321.03.00.372
    Web UI version: 17.100.09.00.03
    PCI: 185
    CELL_ID: 5638146
    RSRP: -100dBm
    SINR: 4dB

Would be very grateful to hear and learn from you all because it seems like I may be stuck with this service (best bang for buck - if I can optimise it again).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just tried the update button again because I suspected that the B315s wasn't connecting to the internet at all earlier so that's probably why I got the non-descript error. Result says that my version is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFl View Post
    Hi, I'm not very network savy but am hoping to get guidance help here before I kill my phone call cap to Telkom.

I'm having recent issues with my Telkom connection and/or B315s-936. This is evidenced by increasingly bad speeds (there's been a steady decline over my 2yr Telkom uncapped contract but it's been barely alive for the last week or so).

Here's the latest speedtest (http://beta.speedtest.net/#), this is what I've been getting for the last week:

Telkom to Telkom SA (SAIX) Randburg
    Ping: 14ms
    D/L: 0.71Mbps
    U/L: 2.69Mbps

These speeds seem to have coincided with a colour change of the 'Network Mode Indicator'. I'm quite blue/green colour blind but historically it was the same colour as the power and wi-fi indicators, it's now a different colour (but still steady/not flashing). I've logged into the web management page and changed the dial-up network settings back from 2300Mhz to 1800Mhz (a previous MBB suggestion many months ago to help overcome the initial slowing speed) and have also tried '4G only' but to no avail. I've unplugged the modem/router many times too without it helping. The lights now remain different colours and the speeds remain slow.

I considered this being a firmware update related issue. I tried doing an update from the web management page and received an error. Not sure how relevant it may be but here are some of the device info that I found:

Hardware version: WL1B310TM02
    Software version: 21.321.03.00.372
    Web UI version: 17.100.09.00.03
    PCI: 185
    CELL_ID: 5638146
    RSRP: -100dBm
    SINR: 4dB

Would be very grateful to hear and learn from you all because it seems like I may be stuck with this service (best bang for buck - if I can optimise it again).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Just tried the update button again because I suspected that the B315s wasn't connecting to the internet at all earlier so that's probably why I got the non-descript error. Result says that my version is up to date.
    I have the same FW, which I believe to be the latest

There have been Telkom speed issues recently - maybe try to force it to 3G? It has helped me in the past

Thanks Bundu. Will do so but was hoping to find a permanent fix to get what I'm paying for? Given that my 2yr Telkom contract expired last month or this month, the alternative is to replace but apparently I won't get same bang for buck elsewhere... (that assumes though that the product works as it should, which it currently isn't).

What does 21.321.03.00.372 offer?
    ★ mAcme for Mac OS X & 3G
    I braaied and beered with the legendary MortyMoose and survived!

Quote Originally Posted by GreGorGy View Post
    What does 21.321.03.00.372 offer?
    It has Telkom oriented band selection on the menu and number of fixes. Besides, not a bad firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It has Telkom oriented band selection on the menu and number of fixes. Besides, not a bad firmware.
    OK - cos this thing is begging me to upgrade but at the moment I have a Rain SIM in it - I trust the upgrade won't screw that up
    ★ mAcme for Mac OS X & 3G
    I braaied and beered with the legendary MortyMoose and survived!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142