You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: HUAWEI B315s LTE router discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DominionZA View Post
    The way I configured My B315 with my Asus RT-N66U...

Huawei B315 Setup.
    Left DHCP on with all defaults, and left default IP of 192.168.8.1.
    Ethernet / Ethernet Settings / Connection Mode : LAN Only.

Asus RT-N66U Setup.
    Configured WAN port to use DHCP. Nothing else done.

Hooked up the B315 from LAN/WAN port to RT-N66U WAN Port.

Boom. Working like a bomb.

What I want to do however is keep my ADSL WAG120N in the WAN port, and using the VLAN mapping to LAN1 (WAN2) for the B315, then setup routing to split traffic. I can get both WAN ports to connect to their respective devices and I can do nslookup's from my PC - but no browsing. Been struggling with this for a little bit now - so taking a break from it. Will get it at some point.

Last night I just removed the ADSL from WAN1, plugged in the B315's ethernet cable into WAN1, then switched the WAN1 config from PPPoE to DHCP and klapped the net after midnight
    Well done (initially). It is very basic option, TCP connections (like Web browsing) will work, but you may experience problems with applications using other protocols when streaming movies or gaming. Some devices/application may complain about "double firewall". To fix this problem you need to do some manual work:

- Configure Asus WAN interface on static IP. In this case 192.168.8.2, netmask 255.255.255.0 is fine.

- You can keep ASUS WAN interface DHCP enabled - it may work, or disable it, configuring Default Gateway IP 192.168.8.1 (Huawei device).

- The last step is enabling DMZ on B315s and point it to the ASUS IP (192.168.8.2).

- Connect Huawei LAN port 1-3 (not a port 4) to the Asus WAN port.

The above is neccessary, as Huawei do not have IP reservation option. After completing the above, Huawei will forward all incoming traffic to the ASUS.

I can't help on Asus unfortunately, but there are people who can help. It looks to me VLAN mapping is for the LAN interface, not a WAN interface.

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    Well done (initially). It is very basic option, TCP connections (like Web browsing) will work, but you may experience problems with applications using other protocols when streaming movies or gaming. Some devices/application may complain about "double firewall". To fix this problem you need to do some manual work:

- Configure Asus WAN interface on static IP. In this case 192.168.8.2, netmask 255.255.255.0 is fine.

- You can keep ASUS WAN interface DHCP enabled - it may work, or disable it, configuring Default Gateway IP 192.168.8.1 (Huawei device).

- The last step is enabling DMZ on B315s and point it to the ASUS IP (192.168.8.2).

- Connect Huawei LAN port 1-3 (not a port 4) to the Asus WAN port.

The above is neccessary, as Huawei do not have IP reservation option. After completing the above, Huawei will forward all incoming traffic to the ASUS.

I can't help on Asus unfortunately, but there are people who can help. It looks to me VLAN mapping is for the LAN interface, not a WAN interface.
    Thanks, will fiddle with this.

And yes, the VLAN config is so I can map one or more of the LAN ports to a WAN port.

Quote Originally Posted by DominionZA View Post
    Thanks, will fiddle with this.

And yes, the VLAN config is so I can map one or more of the LAN ports to a WAN port.
    Right, It is for separating LAN ports from other ports. Don't play with it.

Hello everybody,
    I am a new member on this forum. I have huawei router model B315S-22 with firmware 21.318.01.01.375 locked to Zain network. I tried to downgrade the router by shorting the pins on pcb as posted by Sajunky. But my pc cannot detect any usb device. Kindly clear a few doubts I have.
    1. Is it necessary to have sim card of the original network inserted in the router for it to be detected in windows through usb cable?
    2. I checked the usb port behind the router by connecting a flash drive but the flash drive led did not lit up. Does this mean the usb port is faulty?
    3. Is there any other method to downgrade or unlock this model with 21.318 series firmware?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sr5471 View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I am a new member on this forum. I have huawei router model B315S-22 with firmware 21.318.01.01.375 locked to Zain network. I tried to downgrade the router by shorting the pins on pcb as posted by Sajunky. But my pc cannot detect any usb device. Kindly clear a few doubts I have.
    1. Is it necessary to have sim card of the original network inserted in the router for it to be detected in windows through usb cable?
    2. I checked the usb port behind the router by connecting a flash drive but the flash drive led did not lit up. Does this mean the usb port is faulty?
    3. Is there any other method to downgrade or unlock this model with 21.318 series firmware?
    Thanks in advance.
    Don't you see "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager either? Please observe lights on the router when you power it on.

1. I didn't have a SIM locked router yet, so I can't answer this question. Keep SIM card in the router for a sake.

2. Not convincing. Insert FAT-32 formatted stick (2-8GB) and plug power to the router. Go to the management page and try to setup SAMBA sharing. If everything is OK, router will show correct memory size of the stick and brand name.

3. Yes, but I didn't practice it yet. Be careful, it goes deeper into bootloader and may reset configuration data..
    Last edited by sajunky; 28-07-2017 at 12:07 AM.

Don't you see "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager either? Please observe lights on the router when you power it on.

1. I didn't have a SIM locked router yet, so I can't answer this question. Keep SIM card in the router for a sake.

2. Not convincing. Insert FAT-32 formatted stick (2-8GB) and plug power to the router. Go to the management page and try to setup SAMBA sharing. If everything is OK, router will show correct memory size of the stick and brand name.

3. Yes, but I didn't practice it yet. Be careful, it goes deeper into bootloader and may reset configuration data..
    Thanks for the quick reply.

If I short the pins,connect usb cable to pc and insert the power adapter into the router there is no led. Also I cannot find any unknown device in the device manager.How much time does it usually take for the device to get detected by pc?

Does the usb cable matter? I checked the cable continuity and it seems ok.

I tried with fat 32 16gb (dont have any with 2-8 Gb size) usb drive and setup samba sharing. But I cannot see any info about the usb drive in router.

I checked the usb port on the router pins 1 and 4 but it seems there is no voltage.

Regarding the 3rd point about bootloader can you please give some info? I am willing to try either to fix it or to learn something new!
    Last edited by sr5471; 28-07-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I short the pins,connect usb cable to pc and insert the power adapter into the router there is no led. Also I cannot find any unknown device in the device manager.How much time does it usually take for the device to get detected by pc?

Does the usb cable matter? I checked the cable continuity and it seems ok.

I tried with fat 32 16gb (dont have any with 2-8 Gb size) usb drive and setup samba sharing. But I cannot see any info about the usb drive in router.

I checked the usb port on the router pins 1 and 4 but it seems there is no voltage.

Regarding the 3rd point about bootloader can you please give some info? I am willing to try either to fix it or to learn something new!
    No lights is correct, it looks like a dead.

16GB stick, I don't know, it may be not supported.

Did you meassure voltage in a normal mode (not a jumper mode)? In the normal mode it must be stable 5V under 500mA load. If your answer is positive, then I am afraid it is a hardware fault. Trace connections to the voltage regulator chip. Replacing chip may be possible DIY.

A forum member wajoordan posted interesting link in the debranding thread, check it out.

No lights is correct, it looks like a dead.

16GB stick, I don't know, it may be not supported.

Did you meassure voltage in a normal mode (not a jumper mode)? In the normal mode it must be stable 5V under 500mA load. If your answer is positive, then I am afraid it is a hardware fault. Trace connections to the voltage regulator chip. Replacing chip may be possible DIY.

A forum member wajoordan posted interesting link in the debranding thread, check it out.
    I checked the usb port under normal mode and it doesn't show 5v.

Will check the post you have mentioned in the debranding thread.

EDIT: I tried searching with wajoordan user name but no results. Could you kindly link the post ?
    Last edited by sr5471; 29-07-2017 at 09:57 AM.

I checked the usb port under normal mode and it doesn't show 5v.

Will check the post you have mentioned in the debranding thread.

EDIT: I tried searching with wajoordan user name but no results. Could you kindly link the post ?
    Member vanished? It must be, hard to find, there is only ten messages in debranding thread.

You don't need it I think, anyway. Unless power source regulator is software controlled (which I doubt), it is a hardware fault, it needs to be repaired first.
    Last edited by sajunky; 30-07-2017 at 10:27 AM.

I picked one of these up today, speeds with Telkom are decent, 4-10mbps. While not amazing it's worlds ahead of the 5-10kbps (yes, kilobits) I was getting with Cell C.

Noob question but how do I change the router username? I managed to change the password from admin but didn't find the option for the username.
    Our choices are not always our own to make.

Has anyone figured out a way to auto reboot the B315s?

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839