You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: HUAWEI B315s LTE router discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    What antenna you using on the B315? Bunny ear or external poynting? When I use my B315 with external I get 50Mbps compared to around 25-30Mbps on my iPhone 6s...

I would expect the performance with bunny ear antenna to be on a par with your S7. A properly installed and configured external though, different story!!
    If I may ask what external antenna do you use?Also signed on mtn 50gb and looking at the b315.

Quote Originally Posted by uzairb View Post
    I have the same MTN cyber deal as per speedster above.
    Plans for the sim card:
    1. Insert in LTE router and use that as primary wifi point for home. A few smart phones(wi-fi) a smart tv(ethernet or wifi) and cctv(ethernet) will be connected to it.
    2. Would like to use a cordless phone connected to the router, in order to utilize the on-net minutes.

The network reception and wifi signal should be good
    Would you suggest the B315 or B315s or B593? Is there a specific one/type that i should look for? Any other brands/models that you recommend around the same price range?

Thanks
    Cool idea... Will do the same now

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    If I may ask what external antenna do you use?Also signed on mtn 50gb and looking at the b315.
    this one...
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    If you want to share your USB printer or data on the stick, Samba does the same job as Windows Workgroup file and print sharing. Plug device and go to the Samba settings. You might need to restart router.
    I was wanting to use the router as a DHCP server for a WiFi Network as I could on the Huawei B683. BTW were are the Samba settings on the B315?

Quote Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
    Does that antenna work with MTN LTE/3g though?

Was told it's Telkom mobile only.
    Last edited by Mental; 17-01-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mental View Post
    Does that antenna work with MTN LTE/3G though?
    Provided you get the current version (the XPOL-6-10M, with the "Siamese" antenna cables), it will work with all current SA 4G/LTE networks.
    (The antenna pictured on the takealot site is the current version).

As far as 3G goes, it will work with virtually all SA 3G networks too, the exceptions being those that operate below 1700MHz (I think Cell C might still be at 900MHz ?).

There are future plans to operate 4G/LTE below 1GHz too, but those depend on a complete migration to digital terrestrial TV ... so, no time soon.

See here for more detail.
    Last edited by jcheek; 17-01-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    Peplink Balance20 dual-WAN router | Telkom 40Mbps FTTH + WebAfrica 200GB (primary), Huawei B593 + Cell C LTE (failover)

Quote Originally Posted by Renamo3 View Post
    I was wanting to use the router as a DHCP server for a WiFi Network as I could on the Huawei B683. BTW were are the Samba settings on the B315?
    The last menu item "More", next to "Settings".

Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    The last menu item "More", next to "Settings".
    Thanks sajunk, much appreciated. Am I right in concluding that the DHCP functionality on the B315 is very basic and that one can not use it as a "Home Network" DHCP server when no other DHCP server is available?

Quote Originally Posted by Renamo3 View Post
    Thanks sajunk, much appreciated. Am I right in concluding that the DHCP functionality on the B315 is very basic and that one can not use it as a "Home Network" DHCP server when no other DHCP server is available?
    It has a DHCP server but it doesn't allow you to assign any reserved IPs which sucks a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rorz0r View Post
    It has a DHCP server but it doesn't allow you to assign any reserved IPs which sucks a bit.
    This is the one feature I wished it had, would really prefer my file server to have a reserved IP.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

Yup it's pretty much the main reason I run another router with this being on the wan side of that one. That one had a whole bunch of static stuff and QoS set up nicely plus great graphs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Quey_Quick View Post
    This is the one feature I wished it had, would really prefer my file server to have a reserved IP.
    And you can't specify an IP address from the server side?
    In South Africa even the information superhighway has potholes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    That's what I have done. Would just prefer it to be done from the router.
    I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    My query was when setting up a "Home Network" when no other DHCP server is available.
    Replies confirm my question as Query_Quick states.
    I would like the router to do that job as the B683 was able to do.
    It also appears to me that one can not use the Samba server to do that job either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930